Jack in the Box in Pleasant Hill Closed, But Will Reopen

January 9, 2018 18:37 pm · 19 comments

Jack in the Box, located at 1817 Contra Costa Blvd. in Pleasant Hill, has closed, but sources are saying they plan to reopen.

The exact reason for the closure is unknown at this time. Calls to the business and to corporate headquarters went unanswered.

We can confirm the closure was not related to a health department inspection.

A concrete cutting company was seen doing work inside the building this afternoon.

The restaurant was remodeled within the past few years.

Abbie R. January 9, 2018 at 6:48 PM

I discovered this at 1:40 p.m., left and tried to go to Taco Belle, missed the turn in and ended up at the double drive up to McDonald’s…the Big Mac was good, but does not come close to Jacks Double Cheese Burger!

Whatever January 9, 2018 at 6:56 PM

my guess is the grease trap is completely plugged and they have to sawcut the floor to get to it and replace/clear it.

Read into that what you will.

Sick of it January 9, 2018 at 7:40 PM

Guess that means no extra sauce for the food.

Original G January 9, 2018 at 6:58 PM

Jack in the Box in Pittsburg one block south of the freeway on Railroad Ave. was closed for weeks not sure if it’s back open yet. Could be they’re adding additional embedded conduit to accommodate networking of ordering kiosks and possibly future automation in food prep area ???? Just a guess.

roseee January 9, 2018 at 7:38 PM

Jack in the box is reopened on railroad.

Dorothy January 9, 2018 at 9:02 PM

Yes, the one in Pittsburg on Railroad reopened about 2 weeks ago or so. I don’t go there so I’m not really sure how long it’s been open.

Burger gut January 9, 2018 at 8:25 PM

I went to this Jack in the Box once and they were closed for a private party. I found that rather odd.

Mika January 9, 2018 at 8:58 PM

What! No tacos!

WC resident January 9, 2018 at 10:34 PM

They are cutting a taco out of the floor. You can have it.

dinkydau January 9, 2018 at 10:12 PM

PH Jack in the Box, did have a kiosk right in front of the counter to the right. I had walked in and was ordering and then this guy walks up to the kiosk and begun to press the prompts and choose. I was done ordering and paid for my stuff and walked to sit down. This guy was still at the kiosk! Aren’t they supposed to save time?’ Apparently this one didnt.
I was at Panera Bread and walked up and ordered coffee and a pastry. Someone thoght it would be better to use the tablet/kiosk. Well he was still farting around with the thing and asked for help after I got my order and sat down. I just shake my head in amazement.
Yes, at the car rental where go near the airports I fly too, I use their kiosks so I dont have to stand in line for a half hour or so. I always get stuck behind someone that doesnt rent cars much and they are tryng to decide what class of car they want and are asking about the insurance offered and want to know all about it and what it covers. Yes, not is the time to use the kiosk to save time! Other than that? nah…..

WC resident January 10, 2018 at 12:00 AM

I think there’s a large class of people who only know how to interact with devices. It’s interesting to see crowds of hundreds of people all staring at glass rectangles and not saying a word to others around them. Those people use kiosks as they would rather deal with a rectangle than a human.

I never use the self-checkout things at Safeway and Home Depot. For me, the automated process is far slower than with the humans.

I always take the car rental shuttle to their office and get the car there. Since I already reserved the thing on-line from home I just show the reservation number. As I’m dealing with a human to pick it up I’m also able to negotiate which car to take. Often times I end up with a better car for my needs that day at the same price.

Anon January 10, 2018 at 9:36 AM

Never again with Panera. They messed up a take out order…. but there’s no phone number to call, so I called the corporate office and they told me I needed an App. Uh, no.

And Starbucks alllowing some fool in the parking lot to do an “online” order and gets priority over people standing in line….total BS.

Chipotle actually put an end to that after all of the complaints.

Jojo Potato January 10, 2018 at 10:59 AM

I agree with WC. So many people don’t know or care that lots of things are actually negotiable. My millenial daughter was freaking out because she had to buy new tires for her Mini. She had no idea what to do. So I showed her how to read the size off the sidewall and look it up on Tire Rack. Printed the online quote and sent her to the nearby Wheel Works. When she came back she was happy and proud to have used the printout to get a good deal on her new tires.

Regarding rental cars the kind of car is often negotiable. Especially in a local office before a weekend. The Enterprise place in Walnut Creek used to practically give away cars since they were closed on Sunday. Better to have cars out making money than sitting on the lot on a Sunday. Never hurts to ask.

Dr. Jellyfinger January 9, 2018 at 10:38 PM

We should all chip in & hire a P.I. to find out what’s really going on in there!

GregTheElder January 10, 2018 at 10:09 AM
George January 10, 2018 at 1:16 PM

Back in the late 70’s while going thru the drive thru I remember someone had chained up Jacks head and drove off with it towards Caspers.

kitten128 January 10, 2018 at 1:33 PM

Considering we eat there occasionally I am glad it is not a health code violation.

Sean January 11, 2018 at 7:40 AM

Thankfully Casper’s is still open to enjoy their gourmet food and not the pedestrian fare offered across the street.

RichieNotRich January 12, 2018 at 2:01 PM

I remember driving thru there a couple of times and smelling a sewage smell, not the most appetizing ambience to be sure. Maybe that’s being dealt with. Thankfully there are a few other locations nearby, and plenty of competition.