Has Anyone Seen Colleen? Family Dog Missing Since Nov.28 in Concord

December 13, 2017 21:10 pm · 25 comments

Colleen left home near Ayers Rd. and Concord Blvd. on Tuesday Nov.28 and hasn’t been seen since.

Any tips on her whereabouts would be greatly appreciated. Please call her owners at 925-864-8805 if you know where she is located.

Hate BART December 13, 2017 at 10:17 PM

Prayers Colleen is home soon.

Nokeem December 13, 2017 at 10:48 PM

I’ll pass on to my sis who volunteers in Berkeley. I sure hope you find Colleen.

AnonZ December 14, 2017 at 6:03 AM

I’ll keep my eyes open for her.

TJ December 14, 2017 at 6:47 AM

I hope that Colleen is found safe and sound and home for Christmas! Having lost a dog myself a few years ago (he was missing for almost a week), I can understand what the owners are going through…. I barely ate or slept the entire time he was missing. It was horrible.

Prayers for Colleen!!!!

GetReal December 14, 2017 at 7:27 AM

Try calling the animal shelter

Calendar Girl December 14, 2017 at 7:30 AM

I hope she is found soon and is safe!

Hill December 14, 2017 at 8:06 AM

Try the Antioch shelter. When I volunteered in Martinez sometimes people would bring in dogs from Antioch because it was convenient from where they were found.
If your dog was out on Bailey rd or some place like that, could be in Antioch.

The Professor December 14, 2017 at 8:22 AM

I hope that you get her back safe and sound.

Was she chipped?

Always get your pets chipped and you have a better chance getting them back.

Around 10 years ago my dog died. A friend had a coworker who had found a dog in Berkeley, kept it for about 3 months and then was told by his apartment manager that he couldn’t keep the dog. He gave me the dog and we had him for about 2 weeks for a “test drive”. At that point, we decided to keep him and took him to the vet for a check up and shots. During the exam, A CHIP WAS FOUND. We called the owner in Albany to tell them the news. I gave them my address in Antioch and drove home crying because this was a really awesome dog.

I got home and the doorbell rang after about 5 minutes. The owner had almost beat me to my house! The dog went nuts when they came in and everyone had a good cry. They offered a $100 reward, which I declined but they were adamant, saying that they were grateful and that I could apply the $ to another dog. So I took the $ and rescued a puppy from the Fremont animal shelter.

It took them awhile, but they never would have gotten their dog back if it wasn’t for the chip.

CHIP YOUR PETS!

Kaski Lime December 14, 2017 at 8:33 AM

But what about Snickers? Missing for weeks.

Momo December 14, 2017 at 8:54 PM

Snickers is back home….

ONIWY December 14, 2017 at 8:47 AM

Have you seen this? Learned about it from a vet, it’s very useful:

Elvis December 14, 2017 at 1:45 PM

Holding good thoughts and wishes that Colleen will be reunited with her family soon.

The Mamba December 14, 2017 at 3:53 PM

Cute doggie, hope she’s found soon, can’t imagine the heart ache those owners are going through.

Colleen's mama December 14, 2017 at 4:04 PM

Colleen is micro-chipped & registered. We have had her 3 years & miss her dearly after our pest control company left our gate open. We have searched several neighborhoods, parks, trails, schools, etc. I have blisters on my feet. I have been in person to check the Martinez & Antioch shelters 5 times, fido alert, ran an ad in the Contra Costa Times, crawled under peoples front porches with flashlights (thank you for not thinking my sister & I were creepy:). We have met many wonderful people along the way. Thank you for the positive thoughts, please let us know if you see her.

Silva December 14, 2017 at 6:27 PM

I know how you feel. Some years ago that same thing happened to me in Oakland, and I checked the shelters in Oakland and Berkeley every day, till he was there in the lockup one day. We’ll be on the lookout, and I hope you find your Colleen real soon .

Kentucky Derby December 15, 2017 at 10:56 AM

I hope Colleen returns home safely. Keep the faith!

ML December 14, 2017 at 5:39 PM

I’ll keep a lookout for Colleen. I hope you see her home in her favorite sleeping spot by Christmas.

ON DA December 14, 2017 at 5:43 PM

There are some excellent animal communicators that may be helpful. Do a web search. “animal communicator”

If she left the week after thanksgiving then she may of had ideas of her own. The smells of leftovers…

Smokey December 14, 2017 at 8:20 PM

I live just two blocks from that intersection haven’t seen her yet.
But will keep an eye out for her….!!

Hill December 15, 2017 at 9:58 AM

That is untrue, dogs take off for many reason. Sometimes it’s just to explore, chasing another animal. I find it hard to believe you are a vet, if you were you would also understand that some breeeds are more likely to take off.

Dogz December 15, 2017 at 7:16 PM

Please lets all keep looking for Colleen and bring her home for Xmas!

Dr. Jellyfinger December 15, 2017 at 8:48 PM

I feel the calling to go out calling for Colleen!
but seriously…. I drive through that area every day and will keep an eye out for her. She is probably holed up with some family that hasn’t tried to find out where she belongs!

Libby December 16, 2017 at 6:17 PM

Colleen where are you? Please Claycordians continue to keep your eye out for her. She has a family that is desperate, upset, exhausted and missing her terribly. She has so much waiting for her at home!! Let us get her home! Prayers for Coleen and family

Libby December 17, 2017 at 9:25 PM

Wondering if someone took Colleen in
thinking she is a stray doggie? Maybe someone not on nextdoor or Claycord? I think she’s still out there!
Let’s find Colleen, please

L December 17, 2017 at 11:19 PM

To colleen mom, I don’t live near you, so I don’t know if you have put up flyers as well, but as Libby said their are people that don’t use computers. I hope she finds her way back to you soon.