Watch it Burn – Dry Christmas Tree -vs- Watered Christmas Tree (VIDEO)

December 11, 2017 14:00 pm · 10 comments

Watch the video….see how fast a Christmas tree can burn when its dry compared to when its watered.

Now go make sure your tree has water!

Concord resident December 11, 2017 at 2:09 PM

Christmas tree watering tip: drop ice cubes into water tray. Easier and less messy. 🙂

Not a fire fan December 11, 2017 at 2:57 PM

Videos like that are the reason I bought an artificial tree.

Amy December 11, 2017 at 3:49 PM

Thanks for the advice that could save a life!

Cellophane December 11, 2017 at 4:09 PM

I could never understand why people would spend so much time and money on a dead tree. A live tree, potted, makes a lot more sense to me…

Frodo December 11, 2017 at 9:08 PM

Not everybody has a back forty to plant a new pine tree in every January. Also, after you wrap it with a couple hundred tiny heat lamps for a few weeks, you may wind up with a dead tree anyways.

Silva December 11, 2017 at 9:19 PM

We used to do that. We ended up with several evergreen species towering above the house. It cost a lot more money and time taking them down than it does buying a dead one once a year..

Silva December 11, 2017 at 9:16 PM

My cat drinks all the water. It’s clearly better tasting than the water in the bowl.

Fidget December 11, 2017 at 9:45 PM

And our real looking fake tree would have survived unscathed, in fact it would never catch on fire in the first place.

Sandy G. December 12, 2017 at 12:44 AM

Why is that ? I’ve never figured out why a cat prefers the water from a plant

LevelCap December 12, 2017 at 3:41 AM

To the cat it prefers the freshest water available to them , Cats have evolved to not really trust stag-net waters , so the smell of a plant might tell them fresh water ? Maybe that’s why you’ll see them sipping out of a toilet “like that’s any better” recently flushed , or a sink that drips …seems that’s my observation with all the cats i’ve been blessed with thru the years .I have a silly cat now that i think is a liltte lazy ,because she uses her paw as a “cup “scoops and drinks ,LAzy not sure . Classy and lady like indeed