The Claycord Online Museum – The Old Holiday Lightfest at the Concord Pavilion

December 5, 2017 14:00 pm · 13 comments

Anybody remember this?

The Concord Holiday Lightfest was a great, family-friendly event which was held every year around Christmastime at the Concord Pavilion (then named the Chronicle Pavilion).

Watch the video, you might even see yourself!

Thanks to Robert Rothgery for passing this video along and sharing it with his fellow Claycordians!

Click on the tag below titled “Claycord Online Museum” to view other items.

Curious December 5, 2017 at 2:14 PM

Loved this! I wish it would return!

Cowellian December 5, 2017 at 2:24 PM

Thanks for posting this. My family enjoyed Lightfest!

Cafe girl December 5, 2017 at 2:33 PM

I remember wish they could have something like that again

Mimi (original) December 5, 2017 at 3:51 PM

I took my daughter and her friend back when they were about 10. They had a lot of fun! It wasn’t as extensive as the display we used to view at the Living Desert in Palm Desert, but I’m guessing that if we went to Zoo Lights at Oakland Zoo that would be comparable.

Lambie December 5, 2017 at 6:17 PM

Hmmm… I see a cute coyote pouncing.

Lambie December 5, 2017 at 6:18 PM

On the main page.

JustSayin2 December 5, 2017 at 6:42 PM

I worked for Security at that time. It was real cool. But not enough people attended to keep it going

Bonnie December 5, 2017 at 7:14 PM

I loved it. We took our girls there. They were so young they don’t remember it at all. Wish it would come back. It was a great family outing.

Pittstop Penny December 5, 2017 at 9:18 PM

Loved it. So magical. Wish it would come back.

Gitittogether December 6, 2017 at 4:34 AM

Very (VERY) nice event

Kirkwood December 6, 2017 at 11:05 AM

Nice format change for Claycord.com – removing msg # and allowing replies directly to the poster without the “@”. Still allows general posts to the topic at the bottom.

Regarding the “Chronicle” Pavilion, I’m glad the “Sleep Train” Pavilion didn’t become the “Mattress Firm” Pavilion!

former football fan December 6, 2017 at 3:00 PM

I worked at the Pavillion back then. I really enjoyed this event. It was a great event.

JustMe December 7, 2017 at 9:32 AM

I was involved in this, and I think people forget how cold it is in the pavilion during December. It’s pretty darn cold after dusk in the pavilion in September and October– where I would strongly recommend a heavy jacket and/or blanket. Imagine months later. You freeze! Hot chocolate and coffee are almost required. Some nights we had rain. Turn out was okay. I think it started off well, but some nights, especially when it rained, were fairly slow.

If anyone seriously wants to revisit such an event, it would be wise to have it indoors somewhere.