Lose Something at Orchard Supply Hardware on Ygnacio Valley Rd. in Concord?

November 20, 2017 21:58 pm · 21 comments

An employee of Orchard Supply Hardware, located in the Clayton Valley shopping center on Ygnacio Valley Rd. in Concord sent this note about a lost item that was found last weekend:

“Saturday night one of our customers lost something very important to them in our parking lot. We want to make sure this item makes its way back to the rightful party. Unfortunately there are dishonest people in the world, and we’d hate to see someone take advantage of this situation and claim something that doesn’t belong to them. So, we’re not going to post what it is that was lost, but if you can prove this item is yours through photographs, a receipt, or even describe the item in detail, we will gladly return it to you.”

Kentucky Derby November 20, 2017 at 10:06 PM

My first thought is a wedding ring. Reaching out to the rightful owner is a very kind gesture…

Maybe November 20, 2017 at 10:06 PM

Nice to see there are some honest people out there. I hope the owner gets whatever it is back.

Lambie November 20, 2017 at 10:12 PM

Hopefully the person who lost their property will figure out where the lose occurred :). It is refreshing to learn there are still honest people around.

Silva November 20, 2017 at 10:12 PM

How very kind.

Concord Res November 20, 2017 at 10:18 PM

Shouldn’t it be turned over to the police as lost and found?

Bringit November 20, 2017 at 10:33 PM

Turn it in to the police? Your kidding right?

rw November 20, 2017 at 11:26 PM

Yeah, don’t turn it over to the police. It will just end up landing on some officer’s wife/girlfriend finger.

Lost November 20, 2017 at 11:54 PM

I’ve lost my mind due to grown family members who consistently cause lots of problems. I’ll stop by your store tomorrow and see if I can get it back?

KenInConcord November 21, 2017 at 7:17 AM

Ooooo!! I love a good mystery!

Was it Professor Crumb, by the lamppost with a hammer??

Dr P Hill November 21, 2017 at 9:13 AM

@Lost
If they’re still living in your house it’s time to put on your winter boots and give them a swift kick in the ass! Tough Love…

Mimi (original) November 21, 2017 at 9:31 AM

If the owner sees this post and responds, will you tell us what it was??

ITS MINE November 21, 2017 at 10:12 AM

I lost a gold watch, I mean a silver watch, I mean a gold ring, I mean a silver ring, and a black wallet and a brown wallet, I also lost a bracelet with diamonds and another without diamonds, and another gold one and a silver one too. I also lost money, hundreds, and fifties, and twenties and tens and fives and one.

Please call me!

Shoulda Coulda November 21, 2017 at 10:19 AM

@ Bringit and rw

Any item you turn into the police is recorded
on file along with your name. After a certain
period of time if that item is not claimed you
will get to keep it. This happened to a friend
in Walnut Creek who found a nice ring and
turned it in. Now it’s his.

Tinknocker November 21, 2017 at 11:26 AM

We found something and turned it in to the CPD to teach our kids what we thought was the best process and good lesson, We were also told, if the item was not claimed after so many days we could come and collect the item if we so wanted it. After the waiting period , we checked back with CPD to see if the item had been claimed and was told that it was sent to auction. We would have felt better if CPD told us, that after a certain time they send turned in items to action. The desk told us that they don’t return unclaimed items to people that find items.

G November 21, 2017 at 1:19 PM

Years ago, a friend of a friend of a friend found a bag with a large amount of cash in it. Yes, really! They did the right thing and turned it into the PD and were told that if no one claims it, it would be theirs. So, after so many days/months, the person went back to the PD and was told that no one claimed it and the $$$$ somehow went missing……yeah right!

Rollo Tomasi November 21, 2017 at 1:52 PM

There’s some regretful kid out there right now trying to figure out how to describe his or her virginity…

Original G November 21, 2017 at 4:02 PM

Ah Nope …. , she’s still here.

drivesatruck November 21, 2017 at 4:21 PM

Marbles, small round, last seen headed for the gutter

Hilarious! November 21, 2017 at 7:23 PM

@#12.. thanks for the hahahahahahahaaaaa 🙂

Caskydiver November 21, 2017 at 11:30 PM

How nice of OSH to post this.

Paladin November 22, 2017 at 10:56 AM

Bringit and re……and you would have expert knowledge in this how? Oh, I see, you just have expertise in talking smack about things you know nothing about. Typical.