The Concord Police Weekly Burglary Report – 27 Burglaries Reported Between Nov.9 – Nov.15, Seven of the 27 Were on Diamond Blvd.

November 18, 2017 13:00 pm · 34 comments

This is the Concord Police weekly burglary report. Please click on the image for a much larger view.

The last two numbers in each address has been deleted to help protect the victims.

According to the Concord Police, the report shown above only includes approved reports. Some burglary reports might not be written or completely approved, which is why they are not included in this post.

Sick of it November 18, 2017 at 1:03 PM

Look at the increase in burgleries. Something needs to happen to break this trend. And don’t give me that crap and of having to remove everything from your car including toothpicks. It’s coming into holiday shopping season and it’s ridiculous that we have to pay the price for these vermin being aloud to run free

Bringit November 18, 2017 at 1:40 PM

Vigilante patrols in shopping area parking lots. I know many guys that would love to rough up and break some bones of the slime balls breaking into cars.

Kentucky Derby November 18, 2017 at 2:34 PM

I had lunch with several friends at Lazy Dog today – on Diamond Blvd. None of us live in Concord, but we all grew up in Concord. None of us had anything stolen (or were worried about theft) because we’re wise enough not to leave anything in our cars. We had a good time.

JohnnyWoop November 18, 2017 at 2:51 PM

It will never happen to you…until it does.

Just because that is your experience, doesn’t mean that is everybody’s experience. Remember, you are a sample size of 1. The ignorant belief that it only happens to other people, or it only happens to X people because of X is ridiculous. Don’t blame the victim.

The scum who perpetrate the crime are to blame.

Bringit November 18, 2017 at 2:56 PM

They are also getting into the trunks as they know that’s where the valuables are. Once in the vehicle they easily get into the trunk.

CSS November 18, 2017 at 3:31 PM

Time to put some foot and or bicycle patrols in the Diamond area. Oh wait, vehicle burglary is now a slap on the wrist offense in CA. Wouldn’t want anyone to have a criminal record anymore. CA = soft on crime

Kentucky Derby November 18, 2017 at 3:47 PM

You have to take preventive measures.

WC November 18, 2017 at 4:22 PM

Yeah #7. I don’t go to Concord to shop for much of anything. That’s preventative.

Original G November 18, 2017 at 4:38 PM

November 6, 2018 is the day for preventive measures.

Sick of it November 18, 2017 at 4:46 PM

Kentucky derby
When we can’t even walk into a dam store with out having to drive home from the previous store to drop off what we have purchased to keep it from being stolen there is a huge problem. There is no preventive measures any more. They will break in just to see what might be there. This is way out of control and needs to be stopped. Prop 47 needs to go away and we need to start locking these idiots up again. Why should all of us suffer for just a few that take advantage over being able to get off free for there crimes. And don’t forget the cost of having your car repaired. They usually break a window to get in

Terry November 18, 2017 at 5:11 PM

Too much homeless due to not enough housing and good jobs ( thanks to government) too much drug use and depression. State gov. Cares about there needs not people. Democrat State aren’t you tired of it yet. Poor kids and the schools😞

Kentucky Derby November 18, 2017 at 5:34 PM

Vehicle burglary is very preventable. The holidays are coming, and it will only get worse.

Dera November 18, 2017 at 6:29 PM

I’m so glad we built another mall but why stop at one

Jo Ann Jo Ann November 18, 2017 at 6:36 PM

19 break-in’s on cars, mostly Diamond Blvd. something has to be done, more security. Crime spree in Concord is awful and needs to be taken care of by the city. They know no one is caring to get involved and find it a great way to take the shopping for Christmas as a way to ruin the spirit.

Julia November 18, 2017 at 9:34 PM

nothing will be done about the car break ins…the police officer who came to take my report, barely spent 5 minutes with me, handed me the card with the case number on it, and he was gone…what will be done, most likely? people will just shop somewhere else. we are voting with our feet, and our money. My car is still in my garage, window broken out of it, more than a week later. Parts need to be ordered, appointment in the shop, holidays coming up. I’m thankful that I have car insurance and one that covers a car rental…it will probably go over 5K for the repair, with labor. Stupid effing thieves. Arrogant comments like car burglary is “preventable”. yeah, right, I’ll prevent it “next time” by parking my car somewhere else to shop. In a town that doesn’t seem to have thieving under control, or plans to curtail it anytime soon…

Bringit November 18, 2017 at 10:45 PM

@julia
I’m curious if your window was broken out, how you coming up with 5k to fix it? What all was damaged to get you calculation that high of repair. A window is only a hundred bucks as most insurance has a $100 glass deductible.

Kentucky Derby November 19, 2017 at 7:11 AM

Not leaving anything in your vehicle is common sense and good judgment. It keeps you from being victimized. Most of us understand this.

Julia – You left an “empty purse” in your car, and it made you an easy target. The police know how preventable vehicle burglary is, and they won’t do “bait cars.” nor will they spend a lot of time with you when you are victimized.

Antioch PD issued 47 “citations” to people who left purses, medication, laptops, ipads, jewelry, etc. in their vehicles. We don’t live in Antioch, but I read it online. They’ve tried “preventable tips” and people refuse to listen.

Diamond Blvd, is safe – as long as you don’t leave anything in your car. There’s no reason to shop “elsewhere.” Vehicle burglary happens everywhere, because people foolishly leave things in their car everywhere they go.

NorwichFan November 19, 2017 at 7:36 AM

I was at the Willow’s shopping center. I watch their security in a car just drive around in circles. The security person did not go up and down the aisles.
The security person was on his phone the entire time so his attention was not paying attention to the Parking lot and cars.

How about putting a security person on a bike?

PO'd November 19, 2017 at 8:20 AM

I wonder what Concord considers an approved burglary vs an unapproved one. It sure sounds like they are cooking the books there.

Sick of it November 19, 2017 at 8:49 AM

Kentucky Derby
I can’t believe you. You put all the blame in n the victim for having anything in there car instead of stopping this criminal behavior. It’s people like you that let this problem grow. What am I supposed to do if I go shopping at two stores? What go home and drop stuff off and then come back. It’s ridiculous that we cannot leave anything in a locked car and a lot of times not even visible with out it being broken into. Flat and simple not acceptable and this crap of having to take everything out of your car is not the answer. The problem is only going to grow and if you have been following these burglary reports you can see the steady increase in them.

WC resident November 19, 2017 at 11:49 AM

There were zero burglaries reported for Saturday the 11th and two on Sunday the 12th. Does this mean the thieves have a 9-5 Mon-Friday job breaking into cars and take the weekend off?

Perhaps they are deterred by higher volumes of people just walking around to/from the stores on weekends, particularly this one where people are getting ready for Thanksgiving. If people walking around is a deterrent then add many more cameras and have people plus computers watching them. The cameras should be steerable and zoomable. The computers can take care of getting decent images of 100% of the people. Have a couple of roving security trucks ready to gun down anyone that does anything other than walk straight from a vehicle to the shops or straight back and anyone that passes up an open parking spot. If anyone drives in with either an unreadable license plate or paper plates then call Concord PD to make a stop. Anyone driving with unreadable or paper plates should expect to get stopped every five to ten minutes.

Kentucky Derby November 19, 2017 at 11:53 AM

We’re all sick of thieves. I have ZERO TOLERANCE for criminals, but I also have enough common sense to know that criminals exist – including thieves. I also have enough common sense to know that we live in a “soft on crime” state. I’m a moderate Republican who voted no on prop 47. This is CA, which means we have to be MORE CAUTIOUS.

That being said, I also have enough common sense and good judgment to know that there will always be criminals. Criminals are opportunists, and without an opportunity, there is no crime.

Not all crimes can be prevented – far from it. We can’t bring our houses with us to work – all we can do is keep our doors and windows locked, and have good neighbors who watch out for us.

Vehicle burglary IS preventable. Why would you want to leave something (anything) in your car knowing you can be ripped off when you can easily NOT leave something in your car and not get ripped off? How stupid is that?

Your mindset is illogical and naïve. WISE UP. It IS ridiculous that we have to be so cautious but it’s REALITY. I’m a REALIST.

If you want to leave things in your car – that’s your business. It’s not going to be me. I’m not that foolish.

I have the same mindset as law enforcement (and most Americans) who know how to avoid vehicle burglary. You don’t leave anything in your vehicle – valuable or not. It’s the world we live in.

Anyone can be victimized – all we can do is lessen our chances. My method has been working for me all my life.

It’s people like me who save the taxpayers (and insurance companies) money. I’m not filing police reports or insurance claims.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Sick of it November 19, 2017 at 2:04 PM

Kentucky
They are breaking into cars with nothing in them now. It’s happening more often than you know. I know of a few that has had that happen and one of them had $2,200 worth of damage done to there car. Besides the window they scratched up the side of the car and then damaged the interior of the car ripping things open. Besides they are also looking for garage door openers and address’s to break into houses. Until politicians and law enforcement steps it up it’s going to get to where you are just better off leaving your car in the garage But then again that is what they may want.

Kentucky Derby November 19, 2017 at 3:12 PM

They are breaking into cars (occasionally) with nothing in them. I don’t know if it’s vandalism (which isn’t preventable) or if they’re looking for garage door openers (and insurance info) to commit residential burglary. Probably both.

This happened to a friend of mine – 94521 section of Concord. The area of Concord where I grew up. Sadly, I’ve blacked out my insurance info (which I keep in my car if I’m ever pulled over) so they don’t get into our garage if my car is ever broken into. I’ve thought of carrying the garage door opener in my purse, but that can get stolen too – and I have a drivers license!

I agree – it’s pathetic that we have to live like this – but we do. All I’m asking is that people not make it easier for criminals by leaving things out in the open in their cars – which means the criminals win – again. I want us law abiding citizens to win.

Property crime will always be low priority to law enforcement, and as far as politicians – we live in a liberal state. Most Americans are moderates, but liberals outnumber moderates and conservatives in CA. It’s scary.

I understand your points – they’re valid. I hope you understand mine as well.

Take care…

WC resident November 19, 2017 at 7:14 PM

I need to check with a cop some day on how much of the registration info someone can black out. I’ve always made a copy of the registration card with the address blocked out but am thinking of also blocking out the name. A cop can always radio in and get the info using just the license plate number. If you put my name into Google my home address is at the top of the search results meaning that’s all the person needs. I don’t leave the garage door opener in the car.

Julia November 21, 2017 at 8:19 PM

wow Kentucky Derby, you are a woman. A very judgmental one at that. I doubt you’ll read this as it’s from awhile ago..but! My empty purse was not in sight, it was under a seat. there was nothing else visible that was valuable in my car. I drive a Mercedes. The 5k damage (which isn’t completely added up yet, it’s still in the shop) is for the window, the door panel, the wood trim, all gauged and ripped by the exploding glass. The idiot who busted it, left me with more than a glass mess inside my car….I have been without the car for 2 weeks this Friday. I spent 2 hours cleaning the glass, the shards/glass dust, the day it happened. I detail my own car, so when it comes back from the shop I will detail it again, so maybe another 2 hours, top to bottom inside? it had glass particles everywhere…so my 4 hours of time to do that? priceless. I’m saving money on that at least, lol. I didn’t get a car rental from my insurance for 6 days because my adjuster was out sick, and I finally got thru and got that covered. The shop messed up ordering the parts, so that delayed it, and today I find out one of the parts ordered was wrong…so now it’s another day in the shop. 2 weeks this Friday…for a stupid idiot from the butt crack of Concord. I will never drive and park and shop in that town again. I’m glad you’re from there, and seem so proud. Your blame on the victim is ridiculous though. I did nothing to ask for this to happen to me…nothing left open. Yes I drive a nice car, but that doesn’t mean rob me blind. I’m not a burden on the taxpayer or the insurance company. I have never had my car broken into in 35 years of driving…so this is my first. That means I learn from this and be sympathetic/empathic to the person I meet who has this happen to them..as it did the young mom whose VW SUV was hit right before mine in same shopping center…her diaper bag was stolen out of her car…guess she asked for it, right? who leaves a diaper bag in their car IN PLAIN SIGHT. shaking my head…

Julia November 21, 2017 at 8:26 PM

@bringit #17…my total is for parts, and labor. That’s for a luxury car. I have 250 deductible. I’m not paying the 5K…I have insurance. I got 200 bucks for my stolen empty purse. that was not in plain sight. yeah, I should’ve not changed purses in my car and taken the empty one back inside my house, but I was in a hurry that day…I leave nothing in my car that anyone can see by looking in the windows. nothing. including that empty purse. it was a 400.00 purse, and the bag maker is retired (Berkeley) so I can’t get a new one.

Julia November 21, 2017 at 8:35 PM

@bringit #17…my total is for parts, and labor. I have 250 deductible. I’m not paying the 5K…I have insurance. I got 200 bucks for my stolen empty purse. that was not in plain sight. yeah, I should’ve not changed purses in my car and taken the empty one back inside my house, but I was in a hurry that day…I leave nothing in my car that anyone can see by looking in the windows. nothing. including that empty purse. it was a 400.00 purse, and the bag maker is retired (Berkeley) so I can’t get a new one.

Kentucky Derby November 21, 2017 at 10:53 PM

Julia – Your anger is misdirected. You’re angry at the thief, the shop, the insurance adjuster – and taking it out on people on an anonymous blog. It’s not our fault you were ripped off.

My opinion stands – people need to quit leaving things in pain sight in their vehicles – period. They’re driving up insurance rates, and wasting taxpayer dollars – filing police reports that are unnecessary. I’m entitled to my opinion, and if you don’t like my opinions (which I’m entitled to) please don’t read them.

I feel very strongly about this. I hope you learned a valuable lesson.

WC resident November 21, 2017 at 11:29 PM

@Julia – The odds are you will never get all the glass out. The driver’s seatbelt in one of our cars started getting into a mode where it would not latch. I’d lube and jiggle it for a while and it would finally latch. We took it into the dealer and had it swapped out under warranty. They said they see this problem most often when a car is broken into. The little chunks of glass fly everywhere and if one lands in the hole for the seat belt latch it’ll fail to latch intermittently.

Silva November 22, 2017 at 7:48 AM

Julia, I’m surprised you got the police to even come to you to take a report. In my experience we have to go to them to make a report, or do it online, unless we can show them video of the crime.

Kentucky Derby November 22, 2017 at 9:52 AM

She wants us to believe she’s an older woman driving a luxury vehicle, living in an affluent suburb. Yet she’s using words like “effing and buttcrack.” I was born at night, but I wasn’t born last night.

I’ve been told CPD requests that you file an online report for vehicle burglary.

Julia November 22, 2017 at 12:54 PM

what lovely bait KD @33…the back and forth you drive with your inflammatory tone is worthy of someone born…oh yeah! in Concord! with an education to boot, right?!

I’m not older, I don’t know where you got the luxury vehicle description from (me?) I don’t live in an affluent suburb…and I didn’t use effing. Just buttcrack. Better than an obscenity which would keep my post from showing up. I never said you were born last night. And I guess it was just my lucky day that Concord police showed up. Or, maybe it was because 2 cars were hit in a 5 minute span in the same shopping center? we will never know…

I’m guessing you don’t have anything better to do than sit in the Lazy Dog restaurant parking lot and watch all the idiots who drive cars to this lot get broken into…my empty purse, once again, was not in plain sight. I didn’t ask for this. so, that should about do it?

Until you find another post about concord getting cars broken into!

happy thanksgiving! ha!

Kentucky Derby November 22, 2017 at 2:35 PM

LOL! I was born in San Diego (a beautiful city) and lived there for years. If you say you’ve been “driving 35 years” – you’re at least 51, which makes you older. Luxury vehicle – you claimed you “drive a Mercedes.”

Insurance companies are starting to deny claims for vehicle burglaries. A friend of mine is an insurance adjuster for the third largest company and they’re sending a message to their policy holders. Leave things in your vehicle – your claim is denied. They’re sick of paying unnecessary claims.

I’m sending a message as well. I’m sick of thieves, and sick of people who won’t take personal responsibility and accountability for their own actions. Blaming the victim isn’t pulled out of thin blue air. There’s always a basis for it.

Be thankful your insurance company didn’t deny the claim.