Police Chase of Four Armed Suspects from Antioch Ends in Clayton

November 10, 2017 17:19 pm · 46 comments

A police chase from Antioch ended with the arrest of at least three people on Friday evening around 5 p.m.

The chase of the white Infiniti with four armed suspects inside started in Antioch. The suspects traveled down Marsh Creek Rd., where they were met by Clayton and Concord Police.

The chase ended off Clayton Rd. near Atchinson Stage and Nottingham Circle in the City of Clayton.

Details of why the suspects were fleeing police have not been released.

A helicopter assisted police with the search.

UPDATE: Police are now saying only three people were inside the vehicle. All have been taken into custody.

A Concord Police K9 bit and detained one of the suspects.

photo credit: Michael Fossan

1 Cellophane November 10, 2017 at 5:26 PM

I just listened to this on my scanner.

I couldn’t be prouder of our Local Police Department and its great Officers.

The Dispatcher did a remarkable job.

The K-9 was great too.

What a delightful experience to be privileged to listen to.

2 TIFOKCIS November 10, 2017 at 5:27 PM

Go take a knee on the yard.

3 Dee November 10, 2017 at 5:27 PM

Heard and saw the helicopter. Locked the doors as it neared us. A few streets over. Glad they were caught.

4 rich November 10, 2017 at 5:28 PM

271 people listening to the free “scanner radio deluxe” phone app as this went down.

5 DWNelson November 10, 2017 at 5:28 PM

Yes, the white Infinity came up behind me in Marsh Creek Rd; passing me and two others. Shortly a police officer, followed by CHP, full pursuit.
After getting to Clayton, saw multiple Sheriffs, Concord and Clayton police looking for suspects – looking over fences, etc. Helicopter was assisting.

6 Ward November 10, 2017 at 5:33 PM

Surprised that a chase of this nature was allowed to get that far down Marsh Creek Road and that far into downtown Clayton and neighborhoods. But Kudos to the arresting officers and K-9 for taking care of business.

7 Neighbor November 10, 2017 at 5:35 PM

Great job, Peace Officers!

8 NinjaNurse November 10, 2017 at 5:35 PM

OMG. Driving down Clayton Rd and I️ saw the white Infiniti blast by me and run a red light. It didn’t have a license plate so I️ was thinking maybe it was a stolen car? Then a cop was right behind me light on sirens blaring I️ had to turn to the left to get out of his way. I️ saw 4-5 cops going towards downtown Concord. Then I️ saw 4-5 cops racing back toward Clayton. So scary. Saw a helicopter and plane overhead too. Too much excitement for me. Thank you to our wonderful fast police department!!

9 Tim November 10, 2017 at 5:38 PM

Good dog!

10 Dan November 10, 2017 at 5:41 PM

Book’em Danno

11 Judas November 10, 2017 at 5:46 PM

Leading the coppers down marsh creek is a bad idea. Few avenues of escape.

12 eastcountytoday November 10, 2017 at 5:48 PM

Well done… glad to see you guys still have the ability to listen to scanners. From Bay Point to Discovery Bay, they are dark.

13 Me November 10, 2017 at 5:55 PM

Excellent job Concord and Clayton PD!!

14 Original G November 10, 2017 at 5:55 PM

When the day is done and you survey your surroundings and there is no doorknob on your side of the door, might be a good time to reevaluate your life choices.

15 Chicken Little November 10, 2017 at 6:38 PM

I hope they weren’t in too much of a hurry to call off the dog. Let him chew for a bit.

16 Bringit November 10, 2017 at 6:42 PM

@Dee
Why would your doors be unlocked especially after dark? Do you always lock your doors when you see a helicopter?

17 Silva November 10, 2017 at 6:52 PM

Which route did they use to get where they got? Deer Valley?

18 Julie November 10, 2017 at 7:06 PM

Great job SO & local PDs, you guys rock!

19 Sean November 10, 2017 at 7:12 PM

One tried to jump in my moms car on Clayton Rd and Mitchell Canyon. Luckily the car was locked and the guy lost his grip as she took off

20 Elvis November 10, 2017 at 7:14 PM

🏅🐕⭐️🏆

21 Side Line Critic November 10, 2017 at 7:34 PM

Gentlemen / Ladies / K-9: Excellent, professional work. We thank you, It is sincerely appreciated… So glad you are all safe…

22 Father Time November 10, 2017 at 7:35 PM

Ok Folks, it’s definitely time for some law inforcement to take effect.
White cars trying to out run the police, shooting and killing a high school student in Concord. There’s not another minute we should be living without law and order. I believe “order” means to take care of, or get rid of, the problem. It’s time for the people to stand up to the lawmakers and demand and equal amount of punishment for the crimes committed. Maybe this means it’s time for an eye for an eye ect……

23 Silva November 10, 2017 at 7:55 PM

Sean #19. Good on your mom!

It’s really important to have the doors locked when driving. I used to worry about that with my mom, especially when she came to MY neighborhood. Fortunately nothing ever came of it.

24 anon November 10, 2017 at 7:56 PM

I heard that this all started in Antioch because someone in the Infinity brandished a weapon at someone.

25 Dr. Jellyfinger November 10, 2017 at 8:17 PM

“Four Armed Suspects”?
Well ….. I hope the police brought lots of handcuffs.

26 PH Grandma November 10, 2017 at 8:36 PM

Awsome. Thank you, our amazing LEO’s. 💟🙏🏽🇺🇸

27 CG November 10, 2017 at 8:40 PM

CPD is the best, I heard it on the scanner as well. As I was heading home several police officers went screaming by. They caught them very quickly and I cheared when I heard that our K9 took one down. We all should be very proud of our PD including our K9 they really are the best no matter what anyone says.

28 ClaytonMom November 10, 2017 at 8:40 PM

Nice work to all law enforcement. Thank you!!!

29 Mr pink November 10, 2017 at 8:48 PM

Way 2 go, boys in blue

30 Dr. Jellyfinger November 10, 2017 at 9:15 PM

I saw a video of Siamese Twins in handcuffs once… they only had two arms tho, but it took 2 pair of handcuffs to reach around to each wrist.

31 Momo November 10, 2017 at 9:37 PM

@16
It wasn’t even close to being dark when this happened…

32 NinjaNurse November 10, 2017 at 10:00 PM

Waiting for a story from CPD about what happened to begin with. M

33 Peter November 11, 2017 at 12:22 AM

This Infiniti passed me as I came into Clayton on Marsh Creek Rd. Passed me with on coming traffic and was all over the pickup in front of me trying to get around him. CHP and CPD were in hot pursuit!!! Great job.

34 Anonymom November 11, 2017 at 7:31 AM

@ninjanurse CPD isn’t going to release much information on the crime if they were assisting Antioch PD who initiated the pursuit.

35 Jim November 11, 2017 at 7:57 AM

This is similar to something that happened around the 1st. I woke up around 4am to find about eight police vehicles and officers in front of my house (on Semillon Circle) with guns drawn and dogs at the ready to arrest some suspects. Still haven’t seen any news regarding what it was all about. Anyone heard anything about this one?

36 NinjaNurse November 11, 2017 at 9:20 AM

Ok Anonymom. hope Antioch PD releases some details. Has anyone heard anything yet?

37 GoCPD November 11, 2017 at 11:03 AM

Saw the Helicopter fly over and immediately turned on my scanner. Sat and listened to the whole thing unfold. What an amazing thing to listen to, and this is their day job! What impressed me the most was the DISPATCHER though. She was fantastic!! Great job CPD et all. Guess you didn’t need the spike strips after all! It was also a small lesson in “keep your car doors locked when driving”. Heard suspects tried to hijack a car or two while running.

38 chuckie the troll November 11, 2017 at 11:07 AM

While I always celebrate the capture of criminals, I’m beginning to think that too many of them survive to stand trial. And too many get plea deals and short sentences. We simply have no room for everyone who should be in prison. So my thoughts drift toward organ donation and soylent green as a possible solution.

39 WalterEgo November 11, 2017 at 11:48 AM

Always nice when the fur missile gets a happy meal.

40 S Simpson November 11, 2017 at 1:02 PM

We need to be Thankful and appreciative to our local police – they do a fantastic job keeping us safe. Thank you all
CHP
ANTIOCH PD
CONCORD PD
CLAYTON PD
any other Dept I may have not included, I apologize and thank you as well ✅🙏🏻

41 chuckie the troll November 11, 2017 at 1:35 PM

K-9 was heard saying, “Tastes like chicken.”

42 Jeff November 11, 2017 at 2:09 PM

Nice work PD’s, SO and CHP….just like So. Central LA….108RS.

43 James November 11, 2017 at 3:02 PM

Thumbs up to police. Thanks for keeping us safe.

44 chuckie the troll November 11, 2017 at 4:29 PM

Still nothing about this on the Times. Do they still report news?

45 Jeff November 11, 2017 at 6:29 PM

Call me sadistic but I love hearing about a K-9 biting a criminal.

46 Kim d November 12, 2017 at 2:13 PM

I was on Clayton Rd when those 4-5 cop cars went SCREAMING down the road around 430pm…..some amazing maneuvering .good thing traffic wasn’t heavy…