The Water Cooler – Athletes Who Don’t Stand for the National Anthem

September 25, 2017 12:00 pm · 134 comments

The “Water Cooler” will be up Monday-Friday at noon.

Today’s question:

What’s your opinion on athletes who don’t stand for the National Anthem?

Talk about it….

1 Concordejet September 25, 2017 at 12:17 PM

sports are now getting into political but political are now getting into sports

2 Forsythe September 25, 2017 at 12:19 PM

“Deadline Hollywood”.
Sunday Night Football Ratings Down Again On Day Of Player Protests

There is no “right” to protest in the workplace on the employers time. When you protest at work and damage the business by doing so you should be FIRED.

The employer is putting up with it in this case, but the “customers” are NOT. The boycott is growing larger every day, and revenue is plummeting.

3 Cowellian September 25, 2017 at 12:19 PM

I proudly served my country to protect the rights of all Americans, including these un-American @ssholes who defile the flag by their actions. But I am under no obligation to support them or those that enable them. The NFL has a lot of rules concerning player activity, but they choose to allow this unpatriotic and partisan attack on American values. My Boycott of the NFL began last year, and I’ll admit that it was difficult. But it’s much easier this year, and my boycott will expand to the sponsors of the NFL.

4 Sick of it September 25, 2017 at 12:20 PM

They are a disgrace. We are the United States that flag represents a United country that men and women have died to help create. That flag represents the hopes of a United people to all work together to better this country for all. If you can’t show the respect for what it stands for you have no right to disrespect it or those who protect and believe in it. These so called men are devididing this country. These so called men that could possibly not survive if it wasn’t for there sport. Steps Curry is slowly losing my respect. He is not the sharpest tool in the shed. He is great on the court, but do,you really trust his opinion on things that really matter. And if you do ask yourself why ?
We have allowed politics to devise this nation and this is just one more tool of there’s to use

5 Max September 25, 2017 at 12:23 PM

Should be fired! Fans rise up and don’t go to their games!
I understand most have no education, but we cannot stand for this disgrace.

6 chuckie the troll September 25, 2017 at 12:29 PM

I watch sports to see a game, not a protest or political statement. The same applies for concerts, plays, movies, etc…As with other forms of entertainment, watching sporting events is a way to escape from everything else which has happened during the week.

So, don’t wag your propaganda in my face or I will tune you out. Oh, and my uncle who was killed defending this country during WWII, and the uncle who lost the use of a leg during that war, and my father who died from exposure to agent orange in Viet Nam…they died protecting our freedom, Constitution, and flag.

7 LngTimeTrekker September 25, 2017 at 12:30 PM

Actually, the leagues were also paid to conduct these flag ceremonies. Read about it here: http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/11/05/454834662/pentagon-paid-sports-teams-millions-for-paid-patriotism-events

8 primo September 25, 2017 at 12:30 PM

the dems sure have ruined this country and state

9 AlwaysBePositive September 25, 2017 at 12:34 PM

It is a perfectly appropriate type of peaceful protest about an issue that is important.

@#1 a
They are paid to play…and they play. They probably pay more in taxes than you do. There is a difference between being unpatriotic and saying ‘America has a huge problem with racial injustice’.

10 adingoatemybaby September 25, 2017 at 12:37 PM

This reminds me of speaking louder to another person in a language they don’t understand, as if volume will somehow make a difference. Regardless of the message, the result will only be misunderstanding and frustration. It is a very self centered approach and won’t result in progress.

So, what we have here are a bunch of people choosing a particular way of sending a message. That message has clearly fallen on def ears because it was sent in a way that offends the listener. Instead of changing approach, looking to find a connection with the listener, the sender instead starts to yell the message making some far fetched First Amendment connection to justify their poor communication skills.

This isn’t about freedom of speech. This isn’t even about the message. This is about people wanting to be right in their view of the world. Someone needs to adjust. In my experience, it is up to the person sending the message to make sure the listener has received that message in the way intended.

Should athletes stand or not stand for the National Anthem? If the workplace doesn’t have a rule against it, they can do whatever they want. If they are using it as a platform to send a message, the workplace better be behind that position 100% since it reflects directly on them. If that message is sent in a way that is offensive or degrading, everyone involved better understand what they are condoning.

11 The Mamba September 25, 2017 at 12:37 PM

I think everyone can do whatever they want, especially when insulted by this inflammatory President. Long term, I don’t understand what the goal is, and it will hurt the perception of the particular league.

12 Kentucky Derby September 25, 2017 at 12:39 PM

They should be respectful – and STAND. I feel bad for the athletes, coaches and managers who are “pretending to be supportive” just to keep the peace.

Athletes who kneel have no respect for their country, and it will hinder them. People need to learn to keep their political views out of the workforce – especially public figures.

Being unpatriotic doesn’t sell. They have no one to blame but themselves if they get fired.

13 Stanford September 25, 2017 at 12:46 PM

They’re respectful enough to exercise the rights so many others died for…
God forbid all the veterans died in vain by allowing a bunch of statists to censor the very rights they died for….
How do silting would that be…..
FAR more insulting than not standing for the anthem.

I’m a veteran, I fought in Iraq in 2006- and I’d be disgusted if nobody used the rights my friends died believing they were protecting from this very type of thing

14 anon September 25, 2017 at 12:49 PM

Try this BS in Iran or China..you would not make millions – jail is not fun over there

15 AnonZ September 25, 2017 at 12:56 PM
16 Dawg September 25, 2017 at 12:56 PM

They bash the President because they have a 1st Amendment right, but the President also has a 1st Amendment right to speak his mind. President Trump is only expressing his honest opinion on how he feels and the whining NFL can’t tolerate it.

17 Nene September 25, 2017 at 1:05 PM

The last I heard we still have free speech in this country. Or has that changed, too??

18 Concord Gal September 25, 2017 at 1:07 PM

@ #11
very well said. Thank you.

19 Captain Bebops September 25, 2017 at 1:14 PM

Much ado about nothing. It’s been going on for ages. In high school some of us wouldn’t do the pledge of allegiance. These things are all mind control anyway. And sorry, but as any musician will tell you the US anthem is a piece of crap musically. That’s why musicians including military ones try all kinds of things to spice it up harmonically. It’s funny how conservatives are all hung up over this and not so when Obama was in office.

Give us a country worth being proud about. Particularly one that doesn’t start wars abroad just to profit the military industrial complex. The Donald is just a Nero fiddling around.

20 Nutcreek Frontier September 25, 2017 at 1:20 PM

They are perfectly in their rights to do so, but we are also free to judge them accordingly. Frankly, am tired of hearing about the “slave” conditions of the NFL. This is ridiculous, since NFL players chose to play football, and insulting to actual slaves, who of course have/had no choice in the matter.

21 It makes sense to me September 25, 2017 at 1:21 PM

No Stand, No Watch, Boycott the NFL and the Warriors.

22 Xob September 25, 2017 at 1:25 PM

Land of the free?

23 Strad September 25, 2017 at 1:31 PM

I guess they don’t remember Pat Tillman (may he Rest In Peace)

24 Venice September 25, 2017 at 1:35 PM

The performing primates are no longer entertaining. I gave up my 9er season tix. GOOD RIDDANCE.

ABP #10 – you are dead wrong!

25 Vasquez September 25, 2017 at 1:35 PM

Politics do not belong.on the football field. I watch sports to escape from the talking heads and the political crap that clogs cable. Im a vietnam vet and to not respect the anthem js to disrespect the 58000 young men who died honoring that flag. Some.golks are career protestors. I have decided to vote with my feet and my remote. No NFL in my house this year. It bees tgat way sometimes.

26 Darwin September 25, 2017 at 1:37 PM

It angers me…
BLM movement is a hate group just like the KKK. The problem is within the black community, black on black murders is through the roof, young blacks drop out of school and a higher rate than non blacks, they have more kids out of wedlock than non blacks. Why is it that 13% of the population commits over 50% of the murders????They are raised to have a victim mentality. They are raised to hate the police. When something does not go their way it must be because they are black not because of some other reason. They are taught to be loud and bully until they get their way. The media caters to hem The only time a black life matters is when a nonblack murders one of them.

It has also been my experience that educated blacks dislike the ones with the ghetto victim mentality.

I’m not sure but I think more whites are killed by police every year? I’m sure some one will fact check.

I suggest people watch Ben Shapiro on YouTube he destroys the BLM in debates

Anyone can do ANYTHING in this country with an education (college/trade school) and command of the English language. The only person holding you back is the person looking back at you in the mirror.
This country is not perfect, but it is still pretty awesome!

27 4th generation CCC September 25, 2017 at 1:42 PM

Part of being a true American is to protest peacefully to right injustices. Oppression is still an embarrassing problem here in the United States. This has nothing to do with the military. These are brave men to do this when they know many people will misinterpret their actions.

28 Sport September 25, 2017 at 1:44 PM

In an ideal world, no-one would care. Stand, kneel — it just wouldn’t be an issue. After all, isn’t that what our rights are for? Isn’t that what makes us better than other countries, our right to follow our own conscience? The media shouldn’t be fixated on it and the president certainly should have more important things to do than pay it any attention.

@anon — do you really think that China and Iran have the right idea on this? Is that what you mean to say?

29 Ricardoh September 25, 2017 at 1:45 PM

What they are going to end up doing is making the situation they are protesting worse.They are going to work the people they are protesting for, which will be worse for the police which will be worse for them.

30 Geezer September 25, 2017 at 1:48 PM

#4. I agree. I spent 6 years in the military to protect the freedom of speech for everyone. The NFL has the right to protest. So does Milo Yiannopoulos. I don’t have to agree with either of them, but I will fight to the death for their right to speak as they wish. I also have the right to voice my displeasure with either one. That’s why this country is great. What I do and what I think is my right; as is theirs.

31 old-school guy September 25, 2017 at 1:51 PM

Ironically, they are exercising free speech; the right that the American Flag and National Anthem stand for. My opinion is don’t dis the flag, or the men and women who died to preserve your freedom.

32 Cowellian September 25, 2017 at 1:52 PM

Yes, Nene, we still have freedom of speech, even though you have no idea what that means.

33 Bitterman September 25, 2017 at 1:53 PM

…. “get that son of a b**ch of the field”

If they dislike our country so much they will not stand for OUR ANTHEM let them take their million$ and get the flip out of here, yesterday!

34 No Thanks September 25, 2017 at 1:54 PM

It reached a new low yesterday. I have been an avid football fan since 1972 but I’m done now. It sures freed up a lot of time for me on Sundays! Tonight I’ll be watching something else if anything. I’m tired of the barrage…

35 anon September 25, 2017 at 2:01 PM

I will not attend or watch their games I will be checking for the sponsor’s and will not buy any product they sell.

36 Dorothy September 25, 2017 at 2:07 PM

When did the right to PEACEFULLY protest anything, including some of the things that need attention, stop being something any real American can do? Those that cover their faces looking for a reason to do some kind of violence are not true Americans. Nor do they represent the left or right of politics.

Maybe part of the peaceful protests should be against the owners of sport teams that allow some of their players to get away with off the field violence.

37 Clayton Squirrel September 25, 2017 at 2:13 PM

It’s a peaceful way to protest in a venue that gets a lot of publicity. See, everyone is talking about it especially the pastors at church. I can see how the National Anthem, written in 1815, became a rallying point because of the lyrics about killing slaves in the third stanza.

I much prefer college football but I have friends who watched all the Sunday games because they wanted to see the kneeling and the linked arms of the players. If I had a problem with the players it would be about those who commit crimes against animals and people and are still allowed to play, not this.

I’m sure that you have all seen the instructions on how to respect the flag. Most people violate these all the time. Don’t touch the flag to the ground, don’t print it on disposable paper plates and napkins, and it really isn’t supposed to be on leggings. Don’t throw away your flag, retire it in an appropriate ceremony through your local VFW or Scout troop.

38 Incognito September 25, 2017 at 2:14 PM

I’m boycotting football altogether. Now you know how I feel about it.
If I displayed such behavior with my employer, I wouldn’t have a job today.

39 Justifiable Languor September 25, 2017 at 2:20 PM

I don’t watch sports, so I have no skin in the game. But as an outsider, it appears these young men are more interested in politics than the game.

40 AlwaysBePositive September 25, 2017 at 2:24 PM

@#27 d
BLM is important, and it is not a hate group.
1) Sometime around 400 years ago the first economic transaction of its kind occurred in what would become America. One person was purchasing property to benefit himself, his family, and his community. One person was making a profit off of the transaction. The property was a human, stolen from his roots, ripped away from his family, taken from his community.
2) After slavery benefited America for 175 years, one of the greatest documents of freedom ever was written, our Declaration of Independence. T Jefferson caved to pressure and removed his description of slavery as a national grievance in order to get the DoI approved. Slavery benefited America for another 10 years.
3) Another decade and a document that makes the DoI look amatuer is written. Our Constitution and the Bill of Rights. Does this make it right? No. It punts slavery down the road for another 20 years (and when that 20 years pass nothing is done again.
4) The Civil War! Slaves are freed! America has benefited from forced labor for over 250 years. And that’s it…not quite.
5) Black codes resulted in mass arrests of blacks in the South, where they were again forced into slave labor, though this time as prisoners.
6) During the Jim Crow era, there were over 4,000 lynchings, less than 1% resulted in a conviction.
7) What’s the difference in a gram of cocaine? The skin color of those using it. Crack, a cheap form of cocaine had sentences of up to 100 times the length of those for powdered cocaine. Incarceration rates for blacks far outstripped those of white users.

BLM does NOT say that black lives are more important than white lives, it says that black lives matter. For the last 400 years, America has never said that. I think it’s about time we did.

41 America September 25, 2017 at 2:24 PM

Did they kneel when police officers were murdered? Or when black on black murders occurred, which continues? These overpaid jocks are really kneeling for attention. I think if they are really serious, they should all quit and get real jobs. That way, they don’t have to hear any songs that offend. They should also work for free because money has pictures of really bad people on it.

42 Anon September 25, 2017 at 2:24 PM

Isn’t it time for Mark DeSaulnier to speak up and trash President Trump? He can always be counted on to take the side of the extreme left.

43 Jeff September 25, 2017 at 2:25 PM

why should it matter? It’s a nonviolent protest. Is it potentially rude, sure, but it’s not actually disruptive – the people getting their feelings hurt are the ones choosing to be upset, the dudes not standing for flag worship time are doing nothing wrong.

44 anon September 25, 2017 at 2:34 PM

Is this a GREAT country, or what???

45 94521 September 25, 2017 at 2:38 PM

What is sad is this B.S. basically started with the”Hands Up Dont’ Shoot” lie which the President prior to Trump helped fuel through the liberal media.

46 FCA September 25, 2017 at 2:49 PM

As a veteran, I can not condone their actions. The only thing they are unified for is to keep the gravy train flowing for their ridiculous paychecks. Time to boycott professional sporting events. Unify behind this America!!!

47 BOYCOTT NFL September 25, 2017 at 2:49 PM

Boycotting NFL and most all TV for that matter, too much protests of our elected officials, which ok 9 months ago, but its over Trump won, get over it and move on, i sure did, and i didnt like the guy that much.

48 TIFOKCIS September 25, 2017 at 2:54 PM

#52

If I had a like button………………………

49 Aspirin September 25, 2017 at 3:10 PM

Simple minds care about simple things, like anthems for instance.

Grow up.

50 Always Right September 25, 2017 at 3:20 PM

Obama started this ball rolling with his endorsement of the racist BLM movement and his constant denigration of the police.

Now Old Glory is being dragged through the mud by young men who have been brainwashed by the marxist, socialist, progressives running our schools.

51 The Professor September 25, 2017 at 3:22 PM

ABP, Nene, and Dorothy all talk about this being “freedom of speech” or “freedom of expression” and how its A-OK. They are clueless.

Freedom of speech is not guaranteed in the workplace. The next time you are at work, try saying something like, “Gays should die”, or “Jews are dogs”. Try “Women should stay in the home”, or “All blacks are criminals”. How about “Muslims are terrorists”, or “Mexicans are lazy”? Maybe “Men are pigs” or “The Irish are drunks”. I could go on and on….
Obviously, only a Neanderthal would think this crap and only a moron would actually say it out loud with conviction. But go ahead and try to exercise your right to free speech at work and see what happens.

If these examples are too crude for you, then I suggest that you exercise your free speech rights by telling your boss exactly what you think of them and their job and then run right out to collect your unemployment check.

As for the juveniles protesting “injustice” by sitting during the anthem: GROW UP!!! STOP WITH THE VIRTUE SIGNALING AND ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING!!! Use your time, effort, money to make the changes that you say are needed. Use YOUR resources to make a difference that matters.

52 Reason September 25, 2017 at 3:23 PM

Let’s not pretend that every person who has served in the military did so because he or she wanted to serve and protect his or her country. A lot of people, including my own family members, enlist because they aren’t college material and don’t have other career aspirations. Some enlist because they became parents at a young age and living in military housing with military healthcare is the best way they can provide for their families. Some enlist because they want to get out of their small town in the middle of nowhere. Some were drafted.

53 Cellie September 25, 2017 at 3:27 PM

@20– “Give us a country to be proud of.” That says it all for those who think justice is an entitlement.

54 THE ANIMAL September 25, 2017 at 3:30 PM

I agree with Richard ”King” Petty, if you don’t respect the flag and the
national anthem then get out of the country…………………….

55 Animal Love September 25, 2017 at 3:44 PM

What do I think of athletes that don’t stand for the anthem? I think its a disgrace and a disappointment. It makes me not want to, nor watch their games.
HOWEVER what is WORSE is Donald Trump trying to weaponize patriotism and continually trying to DIVIDE this country and its people. I believe in the 1st Amendment first and foremost PERIOD! GOD BLESS AMERICA and all of those who have fought and died for our rights and our freedom!

Freedom of Speech / Freedom of the Press

The most basic component of freedom of expression is the right of freedom of speech. The right to freedom of speech allows individuals to express themselves without government interference or regulation. The Supreme Court requires the government to provide substantial justification for the interference with the right of free speech where it attempts to regulate the content of the speech. Generally, a person cannot be held liable, either criminally or civilly for anything written or spoken about a person or topic, so long as it is truthful or based on an honest opinion, and such statements.
A less stringent test is applied for content-neutral legislation. The Supreme Court has also recognized that the government may prohibit some speech that may cause a breach of the peace or cause violence. For more on unprotected and less protected categories of speech see advocacy of illegal action, fighting words, commercial speech and obscenity. The right to free speech includes other mediums of expression that communicate a message. The level of protection speech receives also depends on the forum in which it takes place. Despite popular misunderstanding the right to freedom of the press guaranteed by the First Amendment is not very different from the right to freedom of speech. It allows an individual to express themselves through publication and dissemination. It is part of the constitutional protection of freedom of expression. It does not afford members of the media any special rights or privileges not afforded to citizens in general.

56 Nature Lover September 25, 2017 at 3:47 PM

I wish they would just drop the National Anthem period. The way most vocalists sing it is disgusting and disrespectful; more so than an athlete with one knee down.

57 football fan September 25, 2017 at 3:47 PM

It looks like I will be changing my name. I am done with these overpaid athletes. What do they know about oppression? As soon as a boy shows athletic talent he is treated different than other children. All through school he is treated special. He gets a full ride to college and may not even have to go to class. He makes millions of dollars to play a kids game. Would any of them even know how to do a real job? I doubt it. I will not be watching any more pro sports. What a waste of time.

58 rarelycomments September 25, 2017 at 3:48 PM

Everyone who cries “This is disrespect” needs to read below for the U.S.Flag Code section 8. Because y’all seem like the type to drink a flag emblazoned bud light or eat off flag paper plates on the fourth

No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America; the flag should not be dipped to any person or thing. Regimental colors, State flags, and organization or institutional flags are to be dipped as a mark of honor.
(a) The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.
(b) The flag should never touch anything beneath it, such as the ground, the floor, water, or merchandise.
(c) The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free.
(d) The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker’s desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.
(e) The flag should never be fastened, displayed, used, or stored in such a manner as to permit it to be easily torn, soiled, or damaged in any way.
(f) The flag should never be used as a covering for a ceiling.
(g) The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature.
(h) The flag should never be used as a receptacle for receiving, holding, carrying, or delivering anything.
(i) The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard. Advertising signs should not be fastened to a staff or halyard from which the flag is flown.
(j) No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart.
(k) The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning.

59 Bronko Nagurski September 25, 2017 at 3:50 PM

They are biting the hands that feed them. Rating down, attendance down, soon advertising dollars down. It’s amazing how much free time you’ll have not watching football.

60 Take A Knee September 25, 2017 at 3:52 PM

If Trump doesn’t like our Constitutional freedom of speech, he can get out of the White House and out of the country. IF ONLY. I don’t care about sports either way, but I’m proud of the brave men who are taking a stand for civil rights and equality by exercising their right to peacefully protest.

61 Pffff September 25, 2017 at 4:08 PM

Who Cares?The song is a War Cry anyways. It Has no place in sports.

62 Ripley September 25, 2017 at 4:11 PM

No issue with anyone voicing their opinions but it should be done on your own time. Politics should never be allowed in the workplace period.
I stopped watching pro sports last year, they are all way over paid for what they do.

63 RANDOM TASK September 25, 2017 at 4:25 PM

Someone mentioned these guys are uneducated sure most got free ride …..the actual point is …wait for it ….these people (the players coaches team mates ) doing this because they claim racial injustice ….are being paid to dress and perform and have rules in the league yes …..the problem is that most of the people these teams are protesting are AMERICAN FOOTBALL FANS ….WHO PAY FOR SEATS AND BUY JERSEYS AND HOT DOGS ….SO THEY ARE PROTESTING AGAINST THEIR FANS ….IT SEEMS DETREMENTAL ….ONLY TIME WILL TELL ….ONE THING OS FOR SURE THE MILITARY ARE HUGE FOOTBALL FANS AND MOST WATCH AT HOME SO WHEN BUDWEISER AND MILLER AND COORS SEE THEIR PROFITS COLLAPSE …..WHO KNOWS HOW LONG THEY WILL SIT BY AND PAY HUGE ADVERTISING CONTRACTS WHEN THEIR CUSTOMERS ARE NOT BUYING …..wheather the players like it or not this is not a socialist country yet ….it is capitalistic and being racist against a white president gets them nowhere and disrepecting fans and advertisers will only go so far …..CAPS ARE For BOLD PERPOSES ONLY THIS Is NOT YELLING …..

64 ja September 25, 2017 at 4:54 PM

The First Amendment prohibits the Government from restricting speech.

So if the President as the leader of the government, says a person should lose their job for mounting a protest (in an attempt to restrict or punish for the protest), hasn’t said President violated the First Amendment?

Another thought: The irony of argument that it disrespects veterans who fought for our freedoms, one of which is the right of peaceful protest.

A final thought: The Anthem doesn’t mention soldiers or veterans. But it does ask if the Flag still flies over the land of the Free and the home of the Brave. I guess there is more than one interpretation of what Freedom and Bravery are.

65 It makes sense to me September 25, 2017 at 4:55 PM

The first amendment does not apply to private business which the NFL is. When you put that uniform on you play the game in more ways than one.

66 Just protect my life, liberty and property please. September 25, 2017 at 4:59 PM

Trump….mind your own business. Your business is supposed to be doing what it says in Article 2, sections 2&3 of the US Constitution and not involving yourself and your beliefs in PRIVATE BUSINESS.

I am disgusted that they choose to disrespect the flag in such a public way, but I acknowledge and adore the First Amendment which gives them this right. They are being broadcast across the world on that pedestal and the owners and league should be the ones calling them out for making the business look bad.

I am reminded of something that George Washington allegedly said, and then was repeated by Francis Scott Key on the British warship when he wrote the poem that would become our National Anthem over 100 years later. Something to the tune of Americans would rather die on their feet than live on their knees. Now you have all of these people on their knees because of Trump…

67 Don't Cry September 25, 2017 at 5:04 PM

Everyone who’s disgruntled by this should in turn play for the NFL.

68 94521 September 25, 2017 at 5:11 PM

@# 56 Thanks! New there had to be someone else ought there with some common sense.

69 Darwin September 25, 2017 at 5:17 PM

#46 Always be positive
BLM is a hate group, any group than condones hunting and executing police officers is a hate group
Slavery is horrible. However, you left out the part where they were sold into slavery by BLACK slave traders which is still alive and practiced today on the African continenet Today’s blacks have never known anyone that was a slave or knew someone who knew a slave. Mohammed Ali said it best after fight George Foreman in Africa, “I’m glad my great granddaddy didn’t miss the boat.” All people need to take respmsibility for themselves period.

The history review was nice. Well written. 4000 thousand lynchings is horrible, no doubt about it (disgusting) However black on black murders surpass that (4000) every few years.

Your comment about black have not mattered for over 400 years is BS. The government has tried to get the blacks up to speed for well over 50 years without much success, united negro college fund, affirmative action, predominantly black colleges (Howard), inner city programs galore! The problem is in the black community, society can’t fix it no matter how much money is thrown at the problem. The family unit is broken down. The illiteracy rate amount black males is high. People have to take responsibility for themselves.

As for people getting locked up, don’t do the crime. I would have switched to selling cocoaine if crack had a stiffer sentence. Common sense.

You preach that black lives matter, I think every one has always thought that except for the black community. When they start marching to stop the senseless black on black killings they might be taken serious Every black knows the few names of the blacks killed by police what about the 500 killed in Chicago this year??? Or over the past weekend???

You my friend are part of the problem, don’t be an ENABLER. It’s 2017. No EXCUSES

You rebuttle was nice but not current. Today’s blacks have no excuses. We learn from history so it does not repeat itself. Read my earlier post again. You can do anything you want with an education and command of the English language.

70 Maria September 25, 2017 at 5:28 PM

Leftist liberal media division is all this is! Wake up people!

71 Get Real September 25, 2017 at 5:51 PM

Freedom of speech.

If you don’t like it, consider yourself lucky – you’re allowed to not like it under the Constitution.

All these “freedom of speech loving” lunatics froth about being able to say whatever hate crosses their mind, but come the flag or any opinion they don’t like and suddenly the 1st amendment is nowhere to be seen.

72 foothillsguy September 25, 2017 at 6:07 PM

@Captain Bepops, you said “Give us a country worth being proud about. ” There are a lot of things wrong with this country but that remark is about as anti American as it gets. Get out of this great country we call home, we do not want you ! you are a disgrace.

73 Mika September 25, 2017 at 6:20 PM

Spoiled millionaires. Just play the damn game, most of the viewers are looking to escape politics by watching a game.

74 King Archie the Invincible September 25, 2017 at 6:21 PM

Check out Linda Ronstadt’s version of the anthem at Dodger Stadium back in 1977. I was a very angry Vietnam vet for many years and refused to stand for the anthem at ball games, but her rendition moved me then and now.

75 TIFOKCIS September 25, 2017 at 6:23 PM

Living The American Dream and they kneel for someone like Michael Brown.

Criminal loving POS.

76 Khloe September 25, 2017 at 6:26 PM

They’re all idiots! I will never watch the NFL again nor the NFL channel. Look what happened the last time the liberals acted like this?? Trump was elected.

77 Vindex September 25, 2017 at 6:52 PM

Oppressed multi-millionaires… life is tough. Honestly… is there racism? Yes. Is this a MAJOR overreaction? Yes.

78 Venice September 25, 2017 at 7:11 PM

So the Left and overpaid whiny pro-athletes are now all about the constitution and first amendment, yeah so long as the message and speech is their own. See, they keep getting this whole free speech thing twisted so let me help ‘em out.
First of all, team owners have every right to enforce rules and standing for the anthem should be one of them- if the NFL values money, ratings, and viewership.
And Roger Goodell, you disgust me. You’re the same fool who denied the Dallas Cowboys request to wear a decal on their helmets in honor of slain police officers. Now you’re about free speech and this is the cause you choose to defend, the hatred of America, the disrespect of our country, our flag and our patriotism? Way to go.
And here’s the thing about the first amendment, free speech and freedom of expression- Democrats, kneelers, and Leftist mainstream media hacks listen up- free speech isn’t just saying what you want to say, it’s also hearing what you don’t want to hear. See problem is, these people think they should be able to do whatever they want and no one should criticize or question it. Wrong. Your protest doesn’t get a safe space, it doesn’t get bubble wrap. You want to get political? Fine. Put it out there, disrespect the country, but don’t for one second think people like me are going to let it go unquestioned. No. I’ll be happy to remind you what that flag and that anthem mean because maybe, just maybe, it’s bigger than you and your temper tantrum.

Tomi Lahren

79 California Summer Eskimo September 25, 2017 at 7:43 PM

I for one feel less passion in an anthem that plays so frequently its lost its impact. How many people hear the anthem before they start their workday? Play it when it counts, and not some random sport event that isn’t important.

80 Darwin September 25, 2017 at 8:05 PM

The NFL is 70% black. How about some diversity????? Huh???

81 R.E.S.P.E.C.T September 25, 2017 at 8:17 PM

What I don’t get is, they are doing this while AT WORK! (some) getting paid MILLIONS to play a GAME (but they are oppressed)!
Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should. IMO, it is a sign of massive disrespect to not only our military, but to Law officers and first responders of the likes.
I have not watched the NFL for 2 weeks now and I am not making any ‘good’ effort to attend a game like I would have in years past.

82 PO'd September 25, 2017 at 8:18 PM

The latest race hustle, started by a QB that can’t get hired (ask his girlfriend why) on merit. Ray Lewis is still shaking his head.
The league won’t do anything about it, as 75% of players are black, until ratings are way down for the rest of the season. It’s the only thing Roger Goodell understands.
What would most NFL players be doing if they didn’t play in the league? My guess is that half would be in prison.

83 Dr. Jellyfinger September 25, 2017 at 8:47 PM

When did all these sports teams become political activist organizations?

Why did all these players (who are stereotyped as big, dumb, lugs who only have brains enough to play football) decide to go out & prove it?

When did the teams start running the owners?

From the NFL Operations Manual: “During the national anthem, players on the field must stand, face the flag, hold their helmet in their left hand and refrain from talking”.

It goes on to say players may face fines & suspension for violations.

So what’s the friggin problem?

Screw ’em all. I’m not watching.

84 Be gentle September 25, 2017 at 8:55 PM

I am sick of the debate! Do what you want. It is none of our business if you take a knee, or not. It is your right. Just shut up all of you. I am sick of your opinions. Go do something for your country to make it better. Simple as that.

85 Judas September 25, 2017 at 8:57 PM

I support em. I could care less about the fake patriot wife beating football fan that’s to dumb to understand what’s going on.

86 Barbie Girl September 25, 2017 at 8:57 PM

Go Sharks!

87 Foonman September 25, 2017 at 9:02 PM

I don’t think they really understand that (we) I need heat in the winter and cool in the summer and enough to eat and a place to sleep that is safe………..do I really need sports?…………let me think about that……..

88 Dr. Jellyfinger September 25, 2017 at 9:12 PM

@ Judas …. It’s “too” dumb to understand… just thought I’d let you know … what’s going on…. yeah.

89 Cautiously Informed September 25, 2017 at 9:16 PM

Sure, they have the right of free speech. Also, employers and business owners have the right to set employee guidelines and work standards that must be adhered to. They should all be fired. Fans should boycot the NFL and all of their sponsors.

90 Dr. Jellyfinger September 25, 2017 at 9:17 PM

And it’s “couldn’t care less”
I mean, if you “could” care less it implies that you do actually have some degree of concern…. so… anyway.
I bet you have a GED “get outta school because we gave up on you diploma”
Right?

91 ClayDen September 25, 2017 at 9:52 PM

I agree with our President. This shows a total disrespect for the greatest country ever. These are very highly paid employees playing a game that many of us enjoy watching. I hope Kaepernick never plays another down for starting this nonsense. I enjoy some of the stick and ball sports (mainly football and basketball), but not as much any more. My favorite sport is road racing, especially Formula 1 (the highest form of motorsport). At the end of every Formula 1 race, they have a podium celebration with the top three finishers. The first thing they do is play the national anthem of the country of the winning driver, followed by that of the constructor. I have been watching Formula for a LONG time and don’t recall ever seeing any disrespect of any country on the podium. American athletes should take a lesson from Formula 1 which 1 has drivers from all over the world (currently none from the U.S., though there is a U.S. constructor – Haas). The current leading drivers are from the UK, Germany and Finland, with the top three constructors from Germany, Italy (go Ferrari!) and Austria.

92 Dr. Jellyfinger September 25, 2017 at 10:14 PM

“If a foe from within, strikes a blow at her glory
Down, down, with the traitor that dares to defile
The flag of the states, and the page of her story!
By the millions unchained
With there birthright have gained
We will keep her bright blaze on forever unstained
And the star spangled banner in triumph shall wave
While the land of the free…
Is the home of the brave!

93 RANDOM TASK September 25, 2017 at 10:30 PM

this is what socialism breeds unrest until everything is even no striving no wanting more no pride no vision everyone the same paid the same eat the same ruled the same …..obama and Hillary started this division separating everyone segregating gays into letter designations ….separating Americans by adding what color they are in front of AMERICAN …..CHINESES AMERICAN …..AFRICAN AMERICAN …..IRISH AMERICAN …..HILLLARY IS FROM WELSH DECCENT AND DOES SHE CALL HERSELF WELSH AMERICAN NO SHE SAYS SHE IS AMERICAN …..GOOGLE MORGAN FREEMAN AMERICAN AND WATCH THE VIDEO WHERE HE ASKS WHEN DID I BECOME AFRICAN ……I WAS BORN HERE I AM AMERICAN….SEPRATISM BREEDS DIVISION AND DIVISION BREEDS TAKE OVER …..THESE PEOPLE ARE DOING EXACTLY WHAT THE LEFT WANTS ALL OF US INFIGHTING AS THEY SET UP TO RULE US …..IGNORANCE IS THE MACHINE OF OPPRESSION ….AND THESE PLAYERS ARE HEADING FULL STEAM INTO COMMUNIST SOCIALIST RULE ….JUST LIKE THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO ……disclaimer caps are for boldness not yelling …..BE AMERICAN AND NOT A TOOL OF OPPRESION

94 Fred P. September 25, 2017 at 10:31 PM

Screw the NFL and NBA.

Bunch of overpaid whiny crybabies….

Their opinions “matter” just like those idiots’ opinions n Hollywood.

95 Michael Langley September 25, 2017 at 11:11 PM

My Father served in WWII, both my brothers served, and I served in the military: all volunteers. My father refused to say “under god” as part of the pledge. He felt it was added in the 1950’s by people who wanted a religious and political test to qualify others as real Americans. I respected his decision. I stand at the pledge, and at the anthem. I respect others who choose not to as a form of protest speech. That is why I spent eight years, many of which I was deployed, in the U.S. Army. I propose that the arm chair patriots who are so concerned with defining how others should display their Americanism pause and spend more time reflecting on how their own thoughts and actions honor the basic tenets of this nation.

96 Rob September 25, 2017 at 11:35 PM

People seem to forget that players never even used to be on the field for the national anthem until the DoD started pumping millions into the franchise to promote military enlistment. Why didn’t anyone care before? Why is it such a big deal now?

97 Taxpayer September 26, 2017 at 12:04 AM

Every American should be required serve in the military, or some other civil service similar to Israel.

98 jjshawk September 26, 2017 at 1:09 AM

Personally, I am done paying attention to politics and social-issues bleeding over into the sports and entertainment industries,..don’t care, no feelings,,,you lost me at, ” Colin Kaepernick Ave.”!
In my opinion, if an athlete does not want to stand for the National Anthem, he/she should stay in the locker room, during the anthem. They should be courteous, at the very least, to the Color Guards, and all people who serve or have served our country. However, I don’t think an athlete should necessarily be fired for taking a knee, but that’s between the team owner and the player. So many people seem to jump on the bandwagon of throwing stones, when a public figure engages in “douchebaggery”. But, then again, maybe the “Court of Public Opinion” (right or wrong) is the best disciplinarian of all? When sporting events stop being an escape from the stress and bull$hit of daily life, people may seek alternative releases. Teams may not renew the contracts of players who could pose a liability to the team. Politics and social-issues should stay out of the workplace. Why can’t public-figures use their fame and fortune to affect change in society, say what the f___ they want, on their own time, own dime, and outside of the workplace? Isn’t that, part of, what “freedom of speech” is about?

99 SimpleSimon September 26, 2017 at 4:43 AM

I don’t even care, what’s sad is the white guys doing it and white owners.
Blacks are expected to but Cmon white guys really are together stupid.

100 Atticus Thraxx September 26, 2017 at 6:23 AM

Every time Delta Tango feels insecure he trolls someone on the Twitter over nonsense. If we keep falling for it, that’s on us. And clearly, this is nonsense.

101 SF oh September 26, 2017 at 6:37 AM

Sometimes I think Trump is a master of manipulation and uses these tweets to distract from the real issues – then he just sits back and laughs at all the fools who take the bait. Wasn’t this football thing last year? Colin Whatever-his-name is, tried it -he failed, he’s out of a job – its over. But Trump suddenly brings it up again -why? Of course, all the dumb-ass football players fall right into the trap and make a useless, disgusting spectacle of themselves. The left-leaning media is thrilled to have a story that can stir up racial tension. All the news people can look into the camera with their furrowed-brows and fake concerned faces while injecting their race-baiting language into the mix. And while the public is suffering through listening to this crap all weekend…… hardly any TV coverage of the move to repeal Obamacare. How about N Korea saying we’ve declared war on them – what are they gonna try next? Two States and one several islands have been devasted by hurricanes – how can they be re-built? I’m seriously beginning to think Trump does these things just to cause a distraction from the actual, serious problems we are dealing with…… and his plan works. BTW, I feel those stupid football players are useless idiots who can’t even explain what the hell theyre protesting. Disgusting.

102 SimpleSimon September 26, 2017 at 7:42 AM

I like Trump stirring the pot on everything!
The stupid media falls for it all every time.
Just think if Hillary was in there…Tuna in the white house I don’t think so.

103 Dr. Jellyfinger September 26, 2017 at 7:56 AM

Look at how many people fell for “Hands Up! Don’t Shoot!”
That’s how all this BLM crap got started.
Based on a lie, perpetuated by the radically stupid.

104 JLG September 26, 2017 at 8:29 AM

It’s pretty hard to protest without offending. Trump turned an NFL protest into a wedge issue about the flag so that he can appeal to a base of voters he is letting down. If players want to protest on the sidelines before games it is their choice.
We have the right to free speech, peaceful assembly as well as to petition the government for wrongs committed. Many black folks killed by police with no accountability seems like an issue to petition the government for wrongs committed.

105 Rob September 26, 2017 at 8:29 AM

I think if anyone supports the Confederate Flag but not Kneeling they need to shut the hell up. The Confederate Flag was flown by an enemy of the United States – that waged war against the United States and who killed American (aka Union) Soldiers…

I think anyone who looks the other way when Nazi’s march in the street with the Swastika and throws Hitler Salutes needs to shut the hell up when people are kneeling.

I think anyone who believes that this country fights wars against the Traitorous States who supported slavery, Nazis that commit genocide in order to then demand adherence to not having the freedom to protest needs to also shut the hell up…

If you want to demand adherence to standing – then please move to North Korea – you will fit right in… and shut the hell up.

Oh and by the way – how many folks who are yelling about not standing – get off their butts at home when the National Anthem is played?

Exactly… shut the hell up.

106 HolyMolyDoughnutShop September 26, 2017 at 8:55 AM

I am just honestly captivated by the fact that someone said Americans have been profiting off of slavery for over 400 years, and then again mentioned something about america profiting from slavery still for 250 years….

the United States of America was founded in 1776, so Americans have only ever even BEEN ABLE to profit of off such trades for as long as 241 years ago…. Anything before that would have been considered the profiting of slavery by British settlers, which we decided to break away from when we declared the USofA to be free states…. Shortly thereafter we ruled slavery illegal and have been working ever since to advance for the sake of all Americans.

It sounds completely ignorant and foolish to say Americans have been doing anything for over 400 years when the country itself isn’t even 250 years old.

107 Gimme a break September 26, 2017 at 9:02 AM

@ Always be Positive

Spare me the ‘poor me’ history lesson. You can’t ride that wave anymore, there are people of color (both male and female) in every business and political office in the land; I am a person of color. You forget what Obama ‘didn’t do’ the last 8 years? . I will spare you my own short history lesson, but my child hood wasn’t great, I wasn’t fed with a silver spoon. But the good and decent decisions I made during my life are the result of who I am today.

108 Captain Bebops September 26, 2017 at 9:02 AM

This whole issue is just a diversion to keep your eyes off North Korea.

109 SmileWC September 26, 2017 at 9:28 AM

The athletes are voicing their opinion against Donald Trump. The President is gaining those voters who are offended. The fans who pay big bucks for tickets and enhanced TV channels are being used. Sports and politics should not mix.

110 Venice September 26, 2017 at 9:56 AM

It all started when that thoughtless michelle obama leaned over to her husband, at the 4th of July celebration, and said “all this for a damn flag.” That ugly statement was picked up on open microphones and by lip readers.
No sense, no decorum, no class!

111 Silva September 26, 2017 at 10:08 AM

Trump has made this what it is with his “fire all the sons of b****s” speech. This is now the essence of the protests. No one is protesting the flag or the National Anthem anymore.

Yeah, it’s a BIG diversion tactic.

Only today has Trump mentioned for the first time certain devastated US territories. Well, I guess he did yesterday too when he disparaged infrastructures, and recent financial histories, something he clearly only just heard about and threw out there. Deflect! Deflect! Deflect!

112 Ice Coach September 26, 2017 at 10:16 AM

Hockey the only pure sport left..Leave the soft NFL Clown Show…

113 Anon Today September 26, 2017 at 10:23 AM

So now the NFL wants to be a Social Justice Warrior? Are they sure they want to go there?!?!
I guess that’s why they gave up their 501(c)6 Tax Exempt Status in 2015 – Not really sure why they had that at all.

Back to the SJW thing: NFL wants to represent America? Too bad your work force doesn’t reflect the Diversity of America. Time to hire some Asian players on your teams. Let’s not be hypocrites!!!

114 Venice September 26, 2017 at 10:48 AM

Silva 119 –
There’s only one thing worse than a S.O.B. and that’s a S.O,B, when he’s right.

115 inmotion September 26, 2017 at 10:52 AM

The armed forces pay the sports leagues to allowed them to bring in active duty personel to hold a giant flag, politics are a part of sports.
Why not get rid of playing the anthem before sporting events?
Is it really necessary?

116 AlwaysBePositive September 26, 2017 at 10:59 AM

@#53 a
Your rant would be worth more if it was grammatically correct. I’m not talking about ancestors, I’m talking about 450 years of continuously devaluing a race in a country. Please point out any facts I wrote that you disagree with…
@#59 tp
Can’t see that I ever said anything about free speech being protected in the workplace. As an American I can say almost anything in my workplace. My employer can fire me for that. However, if I am part of a collectively bargained employment and that type of speech is not forbidden by the cba I can say or do that. The employer could still fire me, but the employer would not be able to withhold salary, and would likely be subject to grievance from others covered by the cba.
@#77 d
Using your definition it would not be a stretch to call certain police a hate group. Black slave traders have nothing to do with the history of slavery in America. Americans could have freed the slaves as they exited the ship. Your reference to it continuing today…so what. Slavery occurs today in Europe, America’s, Asia etc. The idea that today’s blacks have no excuse just doesn’t ring true. If your family units had been destroyed for 450 years, why do you feel they should just fix it. If blacks are paid less than whites for the same job, how do they fix that? Looking at the black history of America? I don’t blame you, but those are some very white glasses you’re using.
@#86 v
Nope, standing for the anthem is not a rule that can be enforced, at least not until the cba is renegotiated. If you are going to quote someone…use quotes. Your final point is quite hilarious, I thought it may even be tongue-in-cheek. You can’t have it both ways.
@#100 dj
Since you are with the grammar correction squad I thought I should point out that you probably meant ‘their birthright’.
@# 103 ml
Well said, and thank you for your service. FYI, at about the same time as ‘under God’ was added to the pledge, Superman began fighting ‘for truth, justice and the American way’, instead of just truth and justice. Why? The scary Soviet bear, that’s right, the same ideology that djt seems to embrace.
@#105 t
Couldn’t agree more.
@#114 hmds
So you disagree with the timeline, but not the geography. Please enlighten us on how America has been working at advancing the lives of our black citizens.
@#115 gab
There are exceptions to every generalization. Congratulations on rising above it, but are you honestly saying you see no reason for other blacks to feel outside of the American experiment? That all blacks who have failed, failed only because of their own shortcomings? Everyone’s life experience is different. Your experience would almost certainly have had a different outcome for different people.

Our president does not respect his office. Cursing players, suggesting employers fire people under collectively bargained employment agreements, ignoring American citizens plight in Puerto Rico. I’m looking forward to the new ‘Lock her up’ chants for his staff. White House staff using personal emails? Lock them up.

117 AlwaysBePositive September 26, 2017 at 11:08 AM

@#118 v
Stop promoting an unproven bit of pop lore. The supposed translator of that cannot verify that statement.

Michelle Obama was awesome. I’m still waiting for the press conference djt promised where Melania lays out her immigration history. djt said it would happen in a few weeks (about 16 months ago). Pretty strong evidence she was working here as a model without having the appropriate visa.

118 Venice September 26, 2017 at 11:25 AM

ABP –
The President wasn’t elected to appease far left people like you. We patriotic Americans are grateful for that.

119 Venice September 26, 2017 at 11:27 AM

ABP 125 –
Another feeble attempt at deflection. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

120 WhatThe? September 26, 2017 at 11:32 AM

Same old people rehashing the same old silly logic. Of course these players have a right to stand up for what they believe. I sure didn’t hear these same people telling Trump to close his mouth when he was promoting all of his birther non-sense. I didn’t hear any of them saying, he should be happy with what he’s given and shut his mouth…I wonder why…what’s different about Trump than the players????

121 Anon Today September 26, 2017 at 11:49 AM

Disobeying Their OWN Rule book.

Sorry Crybabies – Checkmate once again. Pull some other deflections out of your pink hats:

All players are required by NFL rules to honor their country before each and every game.
The rules are found on pages A62-63 of the NFL game operations manual:

“The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.

During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”

122 Darwin September 26, 2017 at 11:51 AM

#124 ABP
It’s 2017!!!!! You are typical BLM, take no responsibility for your actions. All my problems are because of the evil white man. Last I checked we have had blacks at all levels of government and business (because they were qualified!) and did not have a victims mentality.
You said black families have been destroyed in the USA for 450 years, than what’s the issue on the continent of Africa?? Who’s the blame over there??

Where your proof whites are paid more than blacks??? That was not the case at my job at all. Also when it came to promote people, the best person was promoted not because of diversity, because of performance and knowledge, as it should be!!

My glasses are fine, I think yours are a little dark. Anyways I wish you the best. Be part of the solution, not the problem. YouTube Morgan Freeman on race. A very intelligent American.

We are all in his together.

123 Fred P. September 26, 2017 at 12:17 PM

@abp#125 – “pretty strong evidence”?

So let’s see it.

And – let’s see you CV to support your claim of “pretty strong evidence.”

Which state bar exams have you passed? Or are you another armchair attorney?

124 Waldo September 26, 2017 at 12:17 PM

While I personally think it is disrespectful, they do have the right to do if that is their choice.

Something that I wish Curry would have done at the press conference where he said he didn’t want to go to the WH if invited was instead say that he would be open to going if he could have sit down meeting with the President to discuss his view/ concerns. Get the conversation started. I would think and hope that could have been made possible during the visit.

There is so much anger and divide but no one seems to want sit down and have respectful discussions about the issues. If people don’t share the same viewpoint as the other side they don’t want you to speak at all. And if we can’t even have a discussion then there is never going to be a resolution.

125 Anon Today September 26, 2017 at 1:32 PM

#130, Youtube Lil’ Wayne on BLM – It’s also a good one.

One thing that the Police body cams have revealed are how non-compliant these individuals are to basic commands: “May I see your License and Registration Please”?
There’s NOTHING TO ARGUE ABOUT – It’s Not a Court. Hand over your License.
WHY IS THAT SO DIFFICULT???

The same people who want to say that driving is a privilege had better not be saying that you DO NOT need to show your Drivers License to Law Enforcement when pulled over.

126 AlwaysBePositive September 26, 2017 at 2:53 PM

@#126 v
Wow, you really don’t understand America do you. The President is elected to serve all the people, not just his party.
@#129 at
A work manual does not equal a collective bargaining agreement. The NFL can require anything they want. If they want to fine them…fine them. They can’t fire them though.
@#130 d
Don’t think I understand your point about families in Africa. Are you saying that blacks are genetically predisposed to having broken families? Where is my proof about wages? Let’s try the Federal Reserve Bank of SF, “In 1979, the average black man in America earned about 80% of the average white man ($15 versus $19 per hour). By 2016, this gap had grown such that the average black male worker earned just 70% of the hourly wage of the average white male worker. The data for women (panel D) show a similar pattern. In 1979, the average black woman earned about 95% of the average white woman. But nearly continuous divergence in earnings since that time has opened a more sizable gap; in 2016, the average black woman earned about 82% of what the average white woman earned. Wilson and Rodgers (2016) find similar trends in widening black-white earnings gaps.” I imagine you were paid less at your previous job because the other employee performed better than you did. If you think we are all in this together…read the previous posts.
@#131 a
The grammar comment was a direct response to someone that complained about grammar using a word incorrectly, if it isn’t you don’t worry about it. If it is you, don’t correct unless you expect to be corrected. I wonder who you mean by ‘they’ and ‘her people’, ooh you got in a ‘too lazy’ as well. Sure you don’t want to include ‘uppity’? Your ideology is as plain as the waspish nose on your face. At least I take the time to identify myself. How many anons are there?
@#133 fp
pretty strong evidence-ledgers from her modeling agency that indicate 7 weeks of work in America (@$20k) in 1996. She arrived in US in mid-August 1996, and got her work permit in October 1996. Did she work in those six weeks? I don’t know, but I’m going to guess that internationally working models outside of America don’t come to America and not work for six weeks. We’ll see, I bet you believe djt about his taxes as well.
@#135 at
You don’t have to show law enforcement your id. They can arrest you and take away your driving license, but you don’t have to comply. If that young man in Minnesota (Philando Castile) had simply refused to comply instead of reaching for his license he may still be alive today. What is the reason the black man was at fault that time?

If you are American and don’t feel the stain of slavery or Native American genocide on our country’s heritage just because you didn’t do any of it…I’m sure your mother must still believe you’re intelligent.

127 94521 September 26, 2017 at 3:11 PM

If career criminals took a knee instead of running this would be a non-issue.

128 JLG September 26, 2017 at 3:37 PM

It’s always easy to hide prejudiced wrapped in a flag.

129 Darwin September 26, 2017 at 3:43 PM

#134
Stats are a soft science, you have to look at who is requesting them. A great example was this past election. Trump statistically stated that crime was up, Obama countered statically stating crime was down under his administration. They had statisticians look at the data and they were both correct. They manipulated the numbers in their favor. So your pay inequities don’t hold mud. You have to ask questions like, what was the levels of education, hours worked etc… As for my last job there was structured pay increases that all could obtain. As for the 2016 study, I can counter with it has been statistically proven than the black male has a higher illiteracy rate than non-blacks.
As for the family question, I don’t have an answer however “statistically” it has been shown that black families were stronger prior to the civil rights era. Why, I don’t know,but I’m sure you will blame it on white people.

Once again, the problem is in the black community. You are a perpetual VICTIM!!
You need to change your screen name for Always be positive to ENABlER FRAUD. 😭
I not going to comment on anymore of your posts today, as you are not in reality.

130 Mimi (original) September 26, 2017 at 5:39 PM

Let’s go back to the days when the teams stayed in the locker rooms!

131 Dr. Jellyfinger September 26, 2017 at 9:44 PM

Maybe when they start burning American Flags at half time ……

132 SF oh September 26, 2017 at 11:52 PM

@ abp – What exactly do you expect people living today to do about things that happened 200 years ago? In one post you said Americans should “… feel the stain of slavery and Native American genocide on our country ..”. Then you trailed off into a remark about some other posters mother – —awesome debate strategy!! Ok, so we all decide to feel the stain – now what? What are we supposed to do about it? You can’t judge the past by today’s standards. Child labor used to be acceptable but now it’s not. No one is still whining about 10 year olds who used to work in factories – because it’s over!!! Move On.

133 hookedonhorses2 September 27, 2017 at 1:15 AM

NFL players only started coming on field for the National Anthem in 2009.
The reason: the government paid them to stage patriotic displays to boost military recruitment. The Department of Defense and the National Guard paid the NFL a combined $12.3 MILLION between 2011 & 2015. So the next time you think NFL players should stay out of politics, just remember that politics injected itself into the NFL and these players never got a say in being used as army recruitment tools.

134 TIFOKCIS September 27, 2017 at 8:30 AM

I can see it now, antifa replacing the REAL AMERICANS supporting the NFL decade after decade.

31 year old atifa puke asks: Mommy (I hate you) can I have some money to go to a football game. I’ll need some extra cash for a few cans of spray paint and a tear gas canister. You never know when I’ll need to express my inner self.

Mommy says, can’t you just raid the recycle for some bottles and take some rocks from the backyard like last time?