ALERT: Pleasant Hill Police Seek Public’s Help in Finding Missing Man

September 14, 2017 6:43 am · 7 comments

Pleasant Hill police are seeking the public’s help in locating a man who went missing Wednesday night.

At 11:04 p.m., officers responded to a care facility on Boyd Road to investigate a report of a missing patient.

According to police, 56-year-old Steve Kalcich was last seen around 10 p.m. at the facility.

He is described as a white man, 5 feet 5 inches tall, 145 pounds, with short gray hair and a gray beard. He was wearing a dark shirt and pants with a brace on his left arm and leg, police said.

Kalcich uses a cane, walks with a limp and suffers from dementia, police said.

Anyone with information about Kalcich’s whereabouts is encouraged to contact Pleasant Hill police at (925) 288-4600.

Chevelle girl September 14, 2017 at 9:26 AM

I hope he is found safe soon! Post shared

Atticus Thraxx September 14, 2017 at 12:57 PM

56 years old? Sure about that? And dementia? Something doesn’t add up. Hope he’s found safe.

debdvo September 14, 2017 at 2:02 PM

Early alzheimer’s can begin in mid 40’s or so….

Silva September 14, 2017 at 2:03 PM

Atticus Thraxx, it happens to people who aren’t even that old too.

Wow September 15, 2017 at 12:34 AM

I used to work in a care facility and one if the guys there started signs of Alzheimer’s at the age of 38. So 56 isnt to young to have dementia

Clayton Squirrel September 15, 2017 at 12:56 PM

My mother had early onset Alzheimer’s from about age 48 when I was still in high school. She died from it at age 60. That is a big no fun disease. She used to wander too even though I put a childproof cover on the doorknob. She pulled that little security chain right out of the wall on the front door. That was back in the 1980’s. I can’t believe she never went seriously missing.

WC resident September 16, 2017 at 5:06 PM

One of my favorite teachers taught English at El Dorado Intermediate. She was diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer’s in her 40s and died a few years later.