ALERT: Pleasant Hill Police Seek Public’s Help in Finding Missing Man

September 14, 2017 6:43 am · 7 comments

Pleasant Hill police are seeking the public’s help in locating a man who went missing Wednesday night.

At 11:04 p.m., officers responded to a care facility on Boyd Road to investigate a report of a missing patient.

According to police, 56-year-old Steve Kalcich was last seen around 10 p.m. at the facility.

He is described as a white man, 5 feet 5 inches tall, 145 pounds, with short gray hair and a gray beard. He was wearing a dark shirt and pants with a brace on his left arm and leg, police said.

Kalcich uses a cane, walks with a limp and suffers from dementia, police said.

Anyone with information about Kalcich’s whereabouts is encouraged to contact Pleasant Hill police at (925) 288-4600.

1 Chevelle girl September 14, 2017 at 9:26 AM

I hope he is found safe soon! Post shared

2 Atticus Thraxx September 14, 2017 at 12:57 PM

56 years old? Sure about that? And dementia? Something doesn’t add up. Hope he’s found safe.

3 debdvo September 14, 2017 at 2:02 PM

Early alzheimer’s can begin in mid 40’s or so….

4 Silva September 14, 2017 at 2:03 PM

Atticus Thraxx, it happens to people who aren’t even that old too.

5 Wow September 15, 2017 at 12:34 AM

I used to work in a care facility and one if the guys there started signs of Alzheimer’s at the age of 38. So 56 isnt to young to have dementia

6 Clayton Squirrel September 15, 2017 at 12:56 PM

My mother had early onset Alzheimer’s from about age 48 when I was still in high school. She died from it at age 60. That is a big no fun disease. She used to wander too even though I put a childproof cover on the doorknob. She pulled that little security chain right out of the wall on the front door. That was back in the 1980’s. I can’t believe she never went seriously missing.

7 WC resident September 16, 2017 at 5:06 PM

One of my favorite teachers taught English at El Dorado Intermediate. She was diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer’s in her 40s and died a few years later.