Ygnacio Valley Elementary Student Dies in Central Valley Vehicle Collision – Donation Fund Established to Help with Funeral Expenses

September 8, 2017 21:54 pm · 17 comments

A tragedy in California’s central valley has taken the life of a student in the Mt. Diablo Unified School District.

The beautiful boy pictured above is 9-year-old Brandon Flores. Brandon was a fourth grader at Ygnacio Valley Elementary School in Concord, and previously attended Cambridge Elementary School, which is also in Concord, according to the MDUSD.

Brandon was killed in a vehicle collision in the central valley on September 4, 2017. Further details of the collision are not available at this time.

His family is asking for help with funeral and other expenses. As you can imagine, they’re going through the worst time of their life, so anything you can donate to Brandon’s family would be appreciated beyond words. Even a few dollars will go a long way.

To send a little help their way, please click ON THIS LINK.

1 mommatotwo September 8, 2017 at 10:05 PM

My heart is with this family at this awful time. Sending love to his family. RIP sweet boy.

2 Mama Love September 8, 2017 at 10:25 PM

This is so sad. My thoughts go out to his family and friends.

3 CLAYCORD.com September 8, 2017 at 10:36 PM

Thanks everyone for all your donations. You all are wonderful.

4 justherenow September 9, 2017 at 7:26 AM

Wow, my word are lost on this. My deepest sympathy in your time of sorrow.

Thank you claycord for helping to support this family in their time of need.

5 Shasta Daisy September 9, 2017 at 7:28 AM

So very sad.

6 Carl September 9, 2017 at 8:53 AM

Wow, what a terrible tradgety. Thoughts and prayers to the family and community. It appears he possessed a great ‘spirit ‘ with his great smile!

7 Don the Con September 9, 2017 at 9:46 AM

RIP Brandon, you and your family are in my prayers.

8 Princess September 9, 2017 at 9:51 AM

Beautiful smile, poor baby it makes me cry when a child is hurt 😭 My heart goes out to his family. My thoughts and prayers are with you in this terrible tragedy.

9 Princess September 9, 2017 at 9:56 AM

Claycord, do we know where is the funeral service and when is it open for the public, I would like to attend and pay respect.

10 Be gentle September 9, 2017 at 10:14 AM

This is absolutely heartbreaking and I am so sorry for everyone who knew this very very sweet boy. Life is so unfair sometimes. Love you all. Prayers.

11 Mary Fouts September 9, 2017 at 1:32 PM

@Princess – Here is Visitation, Rosary, (both today) and Funeral Mass (Monday) information for Brandon:

“Friends and family are invited to a Visitation at Hull’s Walnut Creek Chapel on Saturday, September 9 from 2pm – 8pm with a Rosary at 4pm. The Funeral Mass will take place at St. Francis of Assisi Church, 860 Oak Grove Rd, Concord on Monday, September 11 at 10am.

12 So Sad September 9, 2017 at 2:07 PM

@Princess the funeral is today. I believe it’s open to the public.

13 jjshawk September 9, 2017 at 10:32 PM

Cute kid, always smiling. Sorry for the loss. I can’t begin to imagine the pain of losing a child. May he, Rest in Peace!

14 Birds Eye September 10, 2017 at 12:48 AM

The auto insurance policy might include a cash advance that can be collected and used immediately for funeral expenses, but you have to know to ask for it. I’m told they don’t always remind their insured of this because they don’t want to pay it if they don’t have to. It can be substantial, so it’s worth asking about it. At a time when a family is in crisis, the last thing they’re concerned about is reading their insurance policy, so this is something that is so easily missed. I lived the same nightmare and was very fortunate to have an agent who called and told me about it, otherwise I would have never known it was available.

15 sideline September 10, 2017 at 8:50 AM

my deepest sympathy.
I wish they would have included a little more family info on their go-fund me page. I normally don’t donate with so little info, but made an exception this time.

16 Silva September 10, 2017 at 9:09 AM

Que descanses en Paz, angelito precioso.😢

17 S. September 10, 2017 at 6:20 PM

I am so so sorry for this families loss… My heart goes out to his family … He will be greatly missed … Sweet Angel.. Rest in Paradise ..