UPDATE: House Fire on Cobblestone Dr. in Concord (Off Treat Blvd.)

August 23, 2017 21:45 pm · 16 comments

Firefighters are responding to a house fire at 4142 Cobblestone Dr. in Concord, in the city’s Canterbury Village neighborhood.

Several neighbors have called reporting smoke and flames.

Everyone is out of the house, according to the fire department.

UPDATE, 9:56 p.m.: An arson investigator has been called to the scene.

UPDATE, 10:05 p.m.: The fire has been extinguished. The cause of the blaze is under investigation.

map: google maps.

1 boomer August 23, 2017 at 9:53 PM

Thanks Mayor. I knew you’d have the scoop.

2 Dave August 23, 2017 at 10:28 PM

Coming home tonight I passed right as this was starting. It’s few houses down from mine. The fire caught my eye and I stopped and backed up before realizing the fence was on fire. In the 15 or 20 seconds it took me to call and connect with 911 it was already spreading onto the garage and across the roof. People began coming at of houses at that point. It’s amazing how fast that fire was spreading!

3 alex August 23, 2017 at 10:30 PM

i was driving on Treat blvd / Clayton rd and could smell it. I live close by – saw lots of police / fire fighters / ambulances and lots of spectators. police blocked the road to investigate i guess. hope everyone is OK

4 Mimi (original) August 23, 2017 at 10:50 PM

Lots of neighbors were held at bay by the first responders…reminescing about fires in the neighborhood over the last 25 years…..3 on Canterbury Dr alone in the past 13.

5 Carol W August 23, 2017 at 11:05 PM

Thankfully the firefighters responded quickly and no one was injured, including the family’s dog. Thanks to the firefighters for a great job.

6 Maria August 24, 2017 at 8:59 AM

So sad, they are a very good friends, like my family, they lost everything, my friend snd I looking the best way to help them, some ideas please?

7 Claire August 24, 2017 at 9:47 AM

Maria, having gone they it myself 3 years ago,…. Hopefully they are insured which will take care of a lot of the immediate needs, but they will need lots of moral support, and maybe help with finding them a rental nearby that will accept their dog, so the whole family can be together to heal. Was having trouble finding a rental that would take my pets. Insurance co offered to pay for boarding, but having them in a boarding facility for a year was not acceptable to us. We ended up offering a prospective landlord over the rental price to accept the pets, by having the insurance co agree to pay some of the funds that would have gone to boarding the pets. For example – rent $2500 a month, boarding the dog at $40 a day for 30 days=$1200, offered landlord an extra $600 a month on the rent. We had our pets, ins co saved some money, landlord made a few extra bucks. It took almost a year to have house rebuilt, so it was a win for everyone. My prayers to the family….

8 RunnerDope August 24, 2017 at 10:18 AM

Was that the house with chickens and roosters?

9 Amy August 24, 2017 at 1:25 PM

Do they usually call in arson investigators? If it was arson will we ever hear about it?

10 LostBoysMom August 24, 2017 at 2:02 PM

We lived in a Canterbury house for several years. We loved the house and the neighborhood. But the houses are basically a big chimney and when they do catch fire, they go up pretty quick. A few years ago a house on either Cobblestone or Canterbury was completly gutted. Devastating.
I’m glad everyone got out safe in this one.

11 Lara August 24, 2017 at 4:20 PM

Like Amy mentions, is it normal to have an arson investigator out?
This was a terrible thing to watch. It was shocking to see how rapidly it spread – we’re talking a matter seconds to minutes you can count on one hand. I’m very thankful the residents and pets are out and ok.

Mimi commented that there have been a number of fires in the neighborhood in recent years. I also noticed on the Claycord Facebook page that someone suggested the return of an arsonist. Is that just a supposition or is there any fact to that? Is there any way to get real data on the causes of these fires in the neighborhood? Anyone know?

12 Silva August 24, 2017 at 4:54 PM

I think investigators may be normal now. There was a family whose home was badly damaged by fire on my street last year, and some kind of investigators were there. Maybe it has to do with bad stuff some people cook up these days.

13 Kathie douthit August 24, 2017 at 5:57 PM

It was not house with roosters it’s 2 down (if going toward capecod) also this article says 4142 which is the house between the rooster and the one on fire. My thoughts are with the family! I’m going to see if anyone has started anything with donations etc on next door or Facebook.

14 Kentucky Derby August 24, 2017 at 6:11 PM

Fire investigators have to determine the cause of fire if for no other reason – insurance purposes. I don’t know if fire investigators and arson investigators are separate – but arson (insurance fraud) has to be ruled out.

15 Mike August 24, 2017 at 8:54 PM

I live on Cape Cod @ Cobblestone (for the last 17 years).
There have been about a dozen fires since we moved in.
Primary cause: electrical. These 1950s houses have 1950s wiring. Non grounded wires wrapped in paper. If you bend or move one of the wires the protective coating cracks & falls off, exposing hot wires.
We remodeled 10+ years ago & replace all of the wiring and fuse box.

16 Alberto August 24, 2017 at 9:31 PM

I started a GoFundMe for the Pazos family. Go to the website and search “Innocent family’s home burned down!”. Please share in your social medias too! Thanks so much for helping them out. I know the family and they could really use our help 🙂