Bicycle Thief Strikes Near Clayton Way in Concord

August 19, 2017 11:31 am · 32 comments

Claycordians, keep your eyes out for this nice looking bicycle.

Here’s the message from its owner.

I just brought out a classic and very rare 1996 HARO GROUP 1 tuesday afternoon to go for a ride. I leaned the bike on the side fence of my house in clear view of Clayton way. I had to help my neighbor put some things in her backyard really quick because the stuff was to heavy for her. I was literally gone 2 minutes and when I came back the bike was gone.

This is a very devastating loss not only because of the value but because I was giving it to my 13 year old son and he did not know yet. The bike has been reported stolen with CPD and is registered on Bikeregistry.com

Please help return the bike I would greatly appreciate the community’s help with this.

Got info? Please call the police.

1 FCA August 19, 2017 at 11:45 AM

Unbelievable, but then again not. Always be hyper vigilant wherever you are, even at home. Bloodsuckers are everywhere!!!

2 Cautiously Informed August 19, 2017 at 11:53 AM

According to the actions of the liberal democratic state government, crime is now a legitimate career, here in California.

I hope you recover your bike.

3 J. August 19, 2017 at 12:00 PM

So sorry. Always lock your bike, car, and also breast your cell phone!

4 Cellophane August 19, 2017 at 12:39 PM

And so it goes here in the land of the left.

A colossal failure in the making.

5 It makes sense to me August 19, 2017 at 12:53 PM

California catch and release. Get used to it.

6 Rob U August 19, 2017 at 1:23 PM

Sorry folks but the above posts are true. These criminals running all around Among Us are going to keep up their careers because the Democratic politicians and all the bleeding heart liberals out there want to give him chance after chance after chance after chance. They’re really stupid people actually these liberals, thinking the crooks will change their ways and reform on their own. When will they wake up realize it’s a failed policy?

7 TIFOKCIS August 19, 2017 at 1:58 PM

If the police catch them Contra Costa Court is sure to give hem a reward.

8 Silva August 19, 2017 at 2:27 PM

😧I will BOLO, that sucks!

9 Cellophane August 19, 2017 at 2:34 PM

You can always spot a liberal.

They always call people demeaning names.

So much hate they have.

10 Giddyup August 19, 2017 at 2:41 PM

@3 J.
How does one “breast your cell phone.”

11 Shoulda Coulda August 19, 2017 at 4:06 PM

@ Giddyup

Looks like it means hold your cellphone close to
your body so that it’s hard for someone to grab.

12 WC resident August 19, 2017 at 4:30 PM

@Giddyup #8 – You store your phone between your bra and breast. It’s usually only done by women of a certain size. I personally think it increases the risk of cancer.

13 D August 19, 2017 at 4:36 PM

Too bad about your bike, if you haven’t done it yet, report it to your home owners insurance.

14 KAD August 19, 2017 at 5:15 PM

WC resident – Women should not be putting their phone in their bra. There was a news story several years ago about breast cancer and cell phones. Do not do this.

15 Time for a Bait Bike August 19, 2017 at 5:17 PM

Seat packed with C4….Cell phone detonation….Adios Amigo…!!

16 anonymous August 19, 2017 at 5:41 PM

Sorry about your bike.
According to a lot of the imbeciles that post here, you may have to move to a “right/conservative” state because crime doesn’t happen there.

17 Chumley August 19, 2017 at 6:26 PM

I hate thieves…..and people who try to crowbar political comments into every topic. Lame. That bike should stand out. Keep your eye on craigslist. I drive through that area frequently, will keep an eye out for you.

18 Concord Mom August 19, 2017 at 7:37 PM

That’s strange Cellophane. It usually the conservatives here calling our governor “Moonbeam”. How respectful and polite of them.

19 Cautiously Informed August 19, 2017 at 8:23 PM

anonymous/16,
Imbeciles?
Your post is at about a 4th graders level of thinking and reasoning. Do yourself a huge favor and go back to school.

20 Dr. Jellyfinger August 19, 2017 at 9:34 PM

Look under the bridges.

21 jjshawk August 19, 2017 at 11:58 PM

I have a rule; If I must take my hands off my bike, it gets locked up! In high school, I had a really nice bike stolen by some P.O.S., and never forgot-about-it! Buy a good lock! No! Buy the best lock made! The Krytonite “FAHGETTABOUDIT” is a great lock, been using mine for 7 years, still going strong. It cost over $100, but who cares? I sure as F___ don,t. I still have both of my bikes,…knock on wood. Check out the Youtube reviews for the “FAHGETTABOUDIT”, they had to cut the thing twice to defeat it.

22 Electricguy August 20, 2017 at 5:30 AM

Hey Sunup #19. Why do you say that?

23 Dickrichard August 20, 2017 at 5:48 AM

@ Jjshawk leave it tied up at Bart and we’ll see how good that lock is… more like FAHGETTABOUT YO BIKE!!! Lmfao

24 Keep all three Barrels Up August 20, 2017 at 8:57 AM

Unfortunately it’s probably already painted a different color. Check flea markets and watch all homeless looking people riding a bike. I hope you get it back.

25 Hippie Dave August 20, 2017 at 9:26 AM

The catch and release law is a bit ridiculous. I live by newhall park and have two white kids in there twenties that are addicted to heroin. They have broken in to dozens of cars, overdosed and have had the cops called on them numerous times. They broke into their parents house a few weeks ago but the parents decided to .not to press charges. The DA should have jumped on them like a lion. This bike was probably stolen by one of them, there names are Dillon and Devon Cowden. Their parents live in a cul da sac off of garaventa. These kids need help with their substance abuse and I feel like a lengthy sentence would help them before they overdose or hurt someone. Respect

26 It makes sense to me August 20, 2017 at 9:40 AM

Got back from the Concord Flea Market, did not see bike.

27 Cdog August 20, 2017 at 2:22 PM

Um, I think I just saw this exact bike dumped on autocenter drive behind kfc/a@w. Near the sound wall. In antioch. It could just be a coincided event but. Is there anyway Claycord could post the serial number so I could check?

28 LostBoysMom August 20, 2017 at 4:30 PM

A few years ago my son had a brand new expensive bmx bike stolen from in front of a house on Dekinger. He and his friend had only gone in for a few minutes for a drink of water. About a year later my older son spotted a kid in the Concord High auto shop trying to put a bike into the autoclave. He realized it was his brothers bike because of some unique markings. He confronted the guy and the kid said someone had sold it to him and he did not know it was stolen. True or not my son got his brother’s bike back!

29 Bikesrfun August 20, 2017 at 5:49 PM

Ri-L E1394 is the serial number

30 Bikesrfun August 20, 2017 at 5:51 PM

@cdog if its the bike call me 925-383-9096

31 Bikesrfun August 23, 2017 at 5:00 PM

BIKE HAS BEEN RECOVERED! THANKS CLAYCORD.COM AND THE COMMUNITY FOR THE HELP.

SHAME ON SOME OF YOU SO CALLED PARENTS FOR THE WAY THE BIKE WAS RETURNED OR NOT RETURNED BUT DONATED. WE ARE THE REASON AND SET THE TONE ON HOW OUR KIDS GROW UP! SO PARENTS OR ADULT FIGURES IF YOUR KIDS ARENT WANTED AT THERE OWN SCHOOLS AND YOUR KIDS HAVE A TERRIBLE REPUTATION AND ARE DOING EVERYTHING WRONG. JUST KNOW ITS YOUR FAULT AND THE ADJUSTMENTS NEED TO BE MADE WITH YOU NOT THE KIDS.

32 Kentucky Derby August 23, 2017 at 5:19 PM

Bikesrfun – I’m glad you got your bike back. And you’re right – bikes are fun!