Modern China Cafe in Walnut Creek Back Open After Closure by Health Department

August 18, 2017 17:13 pm · 14 comments

The Modern China Cafe, located at 1525 N. Main St. in Downtown Walnut Creek is back open after a closure due to a vermin infestation, according to the Contra Costa County Health Department.

The type of vermin that infested the restaurant were cockroaches, according to the health department.

RELATED STORY: Vermin Infestation Forces Closure of Modern China Cafe on N. Main St. in Downtown Walnut Creek

1 I'll gladly pay you on Tuesday August 18, 2017 at 5:34 PM

Table for none!

2 PC August 18, 2017 at 5:53 PM

We seem to be seeing more vermin these days! Let me guess, it’s organic!

3 Charlie August 18, 2017 at 5:54 PM

I would never go back to a place that had vermin issues. They should just hang up a “closed” sign.

4 Mr. Fixit August 18, 2017 at 5:56 PM

Soup special????

5 FCA August 18, 2017 at 6:25 PM

No thank you, not my Chinese restaurant.

6 WC August 18, 2017 at 7:38 PM

Just say no.

7 WC res August 18, 2017 at 10:03 PM

Drove by this evening and it was packed!!! 🤢Yuck!

8 Silva August 19, 2017 at 8:50 AM

When food is readily available other species are very interested. It’s an ongoing battle to beat them back. If you think this only happens once in awhile in certain kitchens, well, that’s just wishful thinking. Having worked in restaurant kitchens, and having a restaurant and industrial food production engineer and food service professional😉 in the family, I know it’s a constant battle. You can never let down your guard. They are there, you just can’t allow their numbers to grow. I don’t eat out much.

9 Mutts August 19, 2017 at 9:03 AM

That was a fast ” clean up”. Vermin don’t leave that fast.

10 Shoulda Coulda August 19, 2017 at 10:59 AM

I’m gonna hire those cleaners to help me
get my brother in law off the couch.

11 Cj August 19, 2017 at 11:07 AM

Couldn’t have been much of an issue if the health department reopened them again so quickly. Too vermin is a very general term. Doesn’t mean “rats”

12 Rob U August 19, 2017 at 1:27 PM

In some 3rd world countries cockroaches are eaten as food. Thank goodness America is still above that and we will close the restaurant that has infestation of them. I’m just waiting for the so called progressive liberals just say that America should be this way and by condemning cockroaches we are being judgemental intolerant and Prejudice against other cultures.

13 tita August 19, 2017 at 5:22 PM

Perhaps they should check the small restaurants across the street from Grand Casino. in small center with Big 5….drive in back and see all the nasty equip and then try eating there..I doubt the health dept ever checks …

14 Be gentle August 19, 2017 at 11:20 PM

I thought vermin meant rats or any kind of mammal I didn’t realize that included an insect ! Surprise!! I bet they won’t have cockroaches there again! I never heard of that restaurant I’m going to try it!