Concord Residents BEWARE: The San Miguel Rd. Nail Thrower is Back

August 14, 2017 11:14 am · 17 comments

It’s happening again.

A person is once again throwing nails on San Miguel Rd. in Concord.

Here’s an email we received this morning from a concerned Claycordian:

On 3/26/15, your website published a story about roofing nails on San Miguel Rd. That has started to happen again. My wife and I have not only started to spot and pick up roofing nails in the street again, but nails in a local mobile home park, again also

The park manager has a water bottle full of nails found in the park.

There has been a ‘person of interest’ who was witnessed throwing nails on San Miguel Rd. Concord Police talked to him, but nothing happened.

Nothing has happened because the only evidence has been circumstantial.

Thank you for the email.

If you see anything suspicious, call the Concord Police Department. Also, use caution if you’re driving on San Miguel Rd. or on the surrounding streets.

1 Gayle August 14, 2017 at 11:48 AM

The manager won’t do anything about it i lived in that park for 18 years and was harassed by a guy. He called my young daughter a b#×&h tried to run over my husband and nothing was done so be careful

2 David August 14, 2017 at 11:56 AM

On August 8th I had to call the Pittsburg PD because someone had dropped a bucket’s-worth of nails and screws on Bailey and Leland. I figured then it was simply an accident. But now I wonder if it is related.

3 Jojo Potato August 14, 2017 at 12:50 PM

Maybe an attempt to reduce traffic on San Miguel? Just a question, are there a lot of speeding shortcutters there?

4 Samantha August 14, 2017 at 12:51 PM

Man oh man, I wish they would finally get rid of this prick!! He’s been doing this for years. The park manager and police don’t ever do anything. He’s my neighbor.

5 MoJo August 14, 2017 at 1:17 PM

Any Tire shops nearby? I remember a trip through the desert many moons ago on our way to the Grand Canyon where we came upon a section of freeway with numerous vehicles pulled off the highway on the shoulder with flat tires. We made it through without any issues but 2 miles down the road, right off the highway was a giant tire repair store the size of a warehouse. Hmmmm!

6 Uh oh August 14, 2017 at 2:01 PM

I take San Miguel twice a day five days a week. And I knew putting the light in was going to do two things: 1. Increase traffic down San Miguel which would 2. Piss off the residents on San Miguel.
Never should have put a light there.

7 B August 14, 2017 at 2:37 PM

Last Friday I noticed more traffic on San Miguel and was followed by a tailgater the whole length of the road. A woman in a beater car. I wondered if the signal had anything to do with it.

8 Clayton Squirrel August 14, 2017 at 2:47 PM

Uggh, nails are terrible.

My son had a nail in his car tire this past weekend. Of course, we have no way of knowing where he picked it up. He first noticed it on Pine Hollow in Concord but that’s probably sometime after the car tire picked up the nail.

9 TPC August 14, 2017 at 3:00 PM

I’ll bet you’re right, Uh oh #7. I live off San Miguel and take it all the way to Clayton Rd (and vice versa) every day, and have noticed a definite increase in traffic lately. I haven’t been on Treat yet since the new light installation, but that sounds like a plausible theory.

10 Jeff August 14, 2017 at 4:20 PM

Everyone watch the roads, if you see spilled nails, pull over safely and walk back and only if it’s safe, pick them all up. I do this all the time everywhere I walk! I see many self tapping screws, nails, even general shop objects from construction sites, etc. now and then. I always pick them up because I know someday it will be me that runs over one! Also, people right now review your videos of street views. Note what car was in area at that time period. Then next time it happens, again note what color and type if car ( or bike!) if everyone joins in, you can catch this brainless idiot.

11 mike August 14, 2017 at 7:32 PM

yes nails are getting to be a pain, and the person responsible for it doesn’t care. The park manager and Concord PD have tried to do all they can, BUT until someone catches that person on tape or in the act he will continue doing it, because he knows he has gotten away with it so far. Suspicions on someone doesn’t help, we need to get PROOF and then Concord PD would finally put a stop to it. For those of you who have had to replace your tires because of this sicko, make him pay for the money you all have had to put out. Like someone has said watch the roads, pull over safely and pick up the nails. Remember Concord PD needs proof, so lets have our phones ready to get pictures, get his face even better.

12 Karen August 14, 2017 at 8:40 PM

What park is it? I live in Town and Country and the manager is awesome. You must have not followed the rules or were a bad resident.

13 Be gentle August 14, 2017 at 8:46 PM

Passive aggressive behavior! That person is mad about the traffic I guess!

14 Patty August 15, 2017 at 1:11 AM

Im a resident of Town & Country mobile home park.
And ive heard alot of gossip..
keyword “Gossip”. To all of you who think you know whos doing this”Think Again”.
If your eyes/or cameras havent seen the person or persons dropping/throwing these roofing nails ,then you have no right accusing a neighbor! Like Mike
said ” The PD needs proof “. So us residents need to do our part and get that proof with a picture/video of the person or persons committing this crime. Until this Proof is obtained us residents need to pay attention to our streets , so we can keep the nails out of our tires!! This is a great mobile home park … I know the Manager and the entire staff…and they’re
all wonderful people.. And I know alot of the residents living in this park and they’re all good people (friends) !
So I have just one more thing to say..a true fact…

” KARMA WILL ALWAYS MAKE YOU PAY
FOR THE WRONGS YOU HAVE DONE.!! ”

And to the people who are doing this….
Karma Always Wins!!!! You just never know
What its Gonna Be!!!???

15 Howdy August 15, 2017 at 8:02 AM

I haven’t driven down San Miguel Rd lately, but did recently pull a brand new roofing nail out of my tire and repaired it myself. Wonder now if this is how it happened.

16 larry August 15, 2017 at 10:24 AM

I hope the police nail ’em. they did tuesday 1am with 3 cop cars on handford

17 J. August 19, 2017 at 11:51 AM

The right lane of 680 northbound toward Marina Vista Avenue in Martinez results in flat tires every day. Is he targeting 680 northbound too? Why only northbound? Never mind, that is the exit for the dump, used by roofers and haulers.

A lot of roofers and haulers live at the mobile home park on San Miguel. This could all be sloppy innocence, just like 680. Just sayin’