Claycord – Talk About Local Politics

August 11, 2017 19:00 pm · 11 comments

voted1

This special post is “Talk About LOCAL Politics”.

Please use this post to talk about LOCAL politics, and keep state and national politics out of this thread.

Thank you, and be kind to each other.

Please Note: Users who use multiple names will be deleted. Please choose a name so others can easily chat with you. Users must provide a name in the ‘name field’, please do not use the ‘@’ symbol in the name field.

1 B August 13, 2017 at 10:01 AM

At last there is easy access to Bart crime statistics at http://www.bartcrimes.com. The site shows crime reported by station, and unlike Concord Police, it shows crimes reported, not just arrests made. There is a robbery every 2 or 3 days in Concord and since most robbers get away, we don’t hear much about them.

Concord’s station has more crime than Richmond. The Coliseum station appears to be a very dangerous place.

A crackdown on fare jumpers has captured a lot of fugitives who had outstanding warrants for much more serious crimes. I’m sure Bart police will soon be complaining about that.

2 Well Folks August 13, 2017 at 6:07 PM

Thank you Concord City Council for give Garaventa Ent a never ening garbage contact. These idiots charged me $149 for container they picked up 6/14. Oh I had to chase the guy down as he drove by because I had to move the containers slightly so the POD could be delivered. He claims he couldn’t see them, hell Steve Wonder could see them. So around the 1st part of July I noticed the charge called them and they said they would credit me back. Called again a couple of weeks later and they said they were working on a refund. Called towards end of July and they said they “mailed a check” 7/21. Still don’t have the check. Called again Friday and they show “no record” of previous communications. Guess I need to get on of the retired ADA’s I know to have a chat with them as they OWE me $149. So again thank you Concord City Council for selling the residents out for $10,000 to spend on God know what. Way to go

3 Kentucky Derby August 14, 2017 at 12:29 PM

Well Folks – I understand your frustration, but keep in mind you catch more flies with honey than you do vinegar. It’s all about the approach. If you’re abrasive, it alienates people. Be polite and respectful – even when you’re angry. Treating people like crap gets you nowhere.

4 Well Folks August 14, 2017 at 9:23 PM

Kentucky Derby – I will not be speaking to any more CSR’s as they have no power and make no decisions, this time it will be a manager. I will tell that person the money they erroneously took from my account needs to be returned to my account in 72 business hours (even if they have to wire it) or there will be legal action. This has been going on over 30 days and that is completely unacceptable. I don’t care how “powerful” the Garaveta’s think they are, there are others out their more powerful.. And I am willing to unleash them. They think people like me will go away, I won’t

What everyone in Concord need to keep in mind is this unethical company has a never ending (automatic renewals every 5 years, no competitive bidding) garbage contract with Concord and they can raise rates and provide service as they see fit and there is nothing the citizens of Concord can do. The resident’s of Concord were sold out for a measly $10,000 and in government budget schemes that is just spit in a bucket.

5 Giddyup August 14, 2017 at 9:47 PM

@2 Well Folks

Concord City Council spent that $10,000 on a plaque installed in Todas Santis Square listing their names for posterity like a bunch of egotistical rockstars.

6 KAD August 14, 2017 at 11:48 PM

Giddyup – Putting their names on a plaque is just tacky. They have no class at all.

7 Well Folks August 15, 2017 at 9:05 PM

Giddyup & KAD – don’t forget Ron wants a street named after him in the CNWS development as well

8 Antler August 15, 2017 at 10:40 PM

Whatever became of the proposal to name CNWS’s new streets after the families whose land was requisitioned “way back when” by the government so they could use it for a weapons station?

9 KAD August 16, 2017 at 2:03 PM

The Navy has released their Final EIS on the CNWS. 30 day comment period. Here is the link.

10 Divided and Concord August 16, 2017 at 8:40 PM

@ KAD #10
No surprise that the Dept. of Navy (DON) prefers Alternative 1 which supports the CNWS Area Plan. The problem with the transportation impact study is that it does NOT take into consideration the Downtown Specific Plan high density housing around downtown and Concord BART station. The impact to North Concord will be worse.

11 TIFOKCIS August 17, 2017 at 6:52 AM

Remember when that clown got himself run over by the train ‘protesting’ nuclear weapons on Port Chicago Hwy?

I suppose he had no part in that.