Claycord – Talk About Whatever

July 14, 2017 19:20 pm · 72 comments

whatever

Happy Friday to all the wonderful citizens in the City of Claycord.

This is a post with no subject, you can talk about whatever you want. If breaking news happens (such a shooting, earthquake, etc.), or you hear about something newsworthy, feel free to post it here.

Please Note: Users who use multiple names will be deleted. Please choose a name so others can easily chat with you. Users must provide a name in the ‘name field’, please do not use the ‘@’ symbol in the name field.

1 KAD July 14, 2017 at 7:22 PM

First.

2 Silva July 14, 2017 at 7:27 PM

First!

3 Cowellian July 14, 2017 at 7:38 PM

Cowellian’s First!

4 Miriam July 14, 2017 at 7:51 PM

First! Happy Friday.

5 Rob U July 14, 2017 at 7:57 PM

Have others noticed that in the last month that people have really started Driving even more aggressively and even violently? I’m a mellow person and I’m really not trying to start anything here…. And yes people over the last few years have really started driving much more aggressively. But in the last 6 months it’s gotten much worse ,and the last few weeks it seems to have even stepped up even much more so. Others in the last week that have mentioned the same thing in observing the last few weeks of drivers.Have we gone to the breaking point now?

6 nytemuvr July 14, 2017 at 7:57 PM
7 Dr. Jellyfinger July 14, 2017 at 8:41 PM

@ Rob ~ Hot, uncomfortable weather is to blame. When you feel too hot you naturally are less patient and in a hurry to get somewhere comfortable where you can cool off, have a cold beer… and when you are cooled off enough, spark up the BBQ and toss a couple of big salmon filets on there, have another coupla beers, have whatever female is available make a Cesar Salad and boil some corn on the cobb…. and thinking about that is why I drove like a hyper cross eyed jackass all the way home tonight.

8 Atticus Thraxx July 14, 2017 at 8:52 PM

Wildlife camera filmed for 365 days: http://i.imgur.com/Kt1hRAN.gifv

Oh no ya don’t: http://i.imgur.com/OHTJZRK.gifv

Not everyone is enamored by puppies: https://gfycat.com/GlamorousLastingBichonfrise

“Never got out of the boat” -Chef : https://gfycat.com/UntidyNauticalCockerspaniel

Luck or skill? : http://i.imgur.com/ezItypv.gif

Planes go fast: http: http://i.imgur.com/gobQa7H.gifv

A lesson best learned young: https://i.imgur.com/WWNy6Ng.gifv

Despite the stupidity, I do admire his commitment: https://i.imgur.com/AnCbUiL.gifv

She’s just food he can’t swallow yet. But he’s thinking about it: https://i.imgur.com/2z3b3kE.gifv

Bad job by all: http://i.imgur.com/3TfyRaM.gif

Momma mouse rescuing baby mouse: http://i.imgur.com/dUe2QA0.gifv

The Coast Guard: http://i.imgur.com/MQ1BnNv.gifv

Reflexes and a little luck go far: https://www.reddit.com/r/nevertellmetheodds/comments/6n9mgc/the_only_casualty_was_a_shoe/

Oh Christ: https://www.reddit.com/r/TheDepthsBelow/comments/6nabed/sure_dive_in_they_said/

No such thing as monsters? Yeah, right: http://i.imgur.com/JgsNmt8.jpg

Desktop of the Week: https://i.imgur.com/Yk0TeyM.jpg

Shield Wall: http://i.imgur.com/JvBqY8l.gifv

A nasty piece o business: http://imgur.com/r/pics/sHtpXRH

Raccoons out the ying yang: http://imgur.com/r/pics/Ld4fU

You’ve been plucked: http://imgur.com/r/pics/Qgh8u

I know……I know, I remember two or three times a week and do the same thing: http://imgur.com/r/pics/akEm8l3

Took me a second, but then I laughed: http://imgur.com/r/pics/chQmwSm

9 KAD July 14, 2017 at 8:55 PM

OMG. I got a twofer. Just took the dog out for a short walk. It is hot out there. We are both panting now.

10 Silva July 14, 2017 at 9:00 PM

nytemuvr, 😁🤣🤣

11 Dorothy July 14, 2017 at 9:04 PM

@#5 – Yes, the dingbats,idiots, and nitwits are out all over. Sometimes they do make it to the next stop light before I do.

Book report, 2 of them this time.

Astrophysics for People in a Hurry by Neil deGrasse Tyson 2017. Not a sci fi but the real thing written for laymen and with humor. 12 short chapters and very understandable. A quick read.

The End of the Day by Clair North 2017. Charlie is the Harbinger of Death, not Death itself. He comes before sometimes as a courtesy or a warning but doesn’t know which himself. He always brings gifts. Kind of a choppy read but very much a comment on the human of today. Sometimes as a list of quotes of what people said that seem unrelated but give great snapshots of the kind of thinking going on today. Not sure how to classify this one.

12 Original G July 14, 2017 at 9:30 PM

It’s that time again, once maybe twice a year I mount the soap box about our kids and grand kids getting good paying jobs without having to go into massive debt for 4 or 6 years of college.

How about being able to gain a skill set in say 4 semesters which pays WELL?
Bottom line kids today need, a Skill Set which is in Demand and is portable.

Posted this last year.
[ Consider what this guy has to say, from the blog Mostly Cajun.
“New record.
Ever since I made the connection between knowing stuff about electrical power systems and the idea that such knowledge is high demand, I have been one portable son-of-a-gun. Since high school (they didn’t have as many numbers back then. We still hadn’t discovered the letters ‘j’ and ‘u’) I did nine years in the army before getting into the ‘private sector’ and never looking back. I did eight years for one big petrochemical plant, a couple of shorter stints with a couple of others, and then I found out that the BETTER money was to be had while working as a specialty technical type.

That field is a free-for-all. Get a little experience and a little credibility and you can walk out one door on Friday and into another on Monday, usually at a better pay rate. Or Monday and Wednesday. I did that once.

Alas, that work is, in addition to being intellectually challenging (on rare occasions) it is also quite often physically demanding, so when I broke the magic number fifty-five, it was time to look for something a bit more sedate.

I walked into this place on August 28, ten years ago. Yes, the multi-megawatt projects are few and far between. I end up explaining a lot of basic (to me) tasks and deal with a different set of issues. It’s like being stoned to death by popcorn sometimes.

But I’ve been here ten years, have endured only a very small number of ‘difficult personalities’ and this is where I’ll be until I decide to stay home and die.”

There is at LMC (Los Medanos College) over the hill in Pittsburg a two year program for Electrical & Instrumentation Technology.

LMC program teaches more than Mostly Cajun described above giving students an excellent skill set.

Am a graduate of my employer training program before it was handed off to LMC and have coworkers who are instructors in the current program. Each Summer a few students intern in our electrical maintenance departments at my work.

Graduates of the program have few problems finding jobs and most importantly have a portable skill set which is in demand.

Main Point, with skills learned Kids or Grandkids will never not be able to find a job in the electrical field.

‘Dirty Jobs’ host Mike Rowe on learning a skill in demand
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC9b-rh6ywE ]

Am privileged each year about this time to have 1 or 2 kids (to me) from LMC program at my work to show them an industrial maintenance environment and augment their knowledge before they get out into their first job in the trade.

13 THE ANIMAL July 14, 2017 at 9:37 PM

A few months ago I posted about a very special lady named Charlene
Emmons. A lot of you may have seen her VW bug decorated for different
holidays. Last November 2 days after her 52nd birthday she was diagnosed with Pancreatic cancer, sadly she passed away Tuesday.
She was a very beautiful person that I was so blessed to know for 12+ years…………………………….

14 Silva July 14, 2017 at 9:44 PM

Amazing Animals Who Adopted Babies Of Another Species; http://bit.ly/2t0DcUk

15 WhoDat? July 14, 2017 at 10:27 PM

Rob U:

I keep track of the number of idiotic driving maneuvers I witness on my 7:30 AM weekday drive (3 times a week) between the downtown BART and Diablo Creek Golf Course. I typically see an average of 6 really stupid things (i.e., running stop signs/red lights; crazy lane change; cell phone use; etc. There are far too many speeders to count!) . I use a Bluetooth and the Notes app on my IPhone to tally, and during July the average has increased to 11, in a 12-minute drive. People are always in a rush and are always selfish, but I think they’ve been more so this month.

16 Atticus Thraxx July 15, 2017 at 6:41 AM

Great post OG.

17 Silva July 15, 2017 at 7:35 AM

Well done, KAD!

Y’all stay hydrated now!

18 JB July 15, 2017 at 7:53 AM

Rob….looks like we are not alone in our observing of people driving faster
and faster these days……I get so upset when they are driving behind me
then pass me to get in front of me…to get to the red lite faster…what is the hurry to get to a red lite…and then we have to stop….four way stop so have to wait…happens all the time on clayton and treat….an seems at all times of the day…do not understand people in such a big hurry…an be careful..they do like to go thru the red lites…sad

19 Keep all three Barrels Up July 15, 2017 at 7:56 AM

Well last night at CVS in the Concord Terminal, my 14 yr. old son got to witness first hand the Zoo that is our City. 2 women were trying to shop lift, the Police were called and some employee or loss prevention person was trying to detain them, all the while screaming. Some rather homeless looking man was over by the Photo area yelling profanities to some one on a phone about how he wants his God D..n, F ing money NOW!!! All this happened at once. Couldn’t wait to get outta there.

20 Cafe Girl July 15, 2017 at 8:14 AM

Just wanted to say higher education is worth the time and money. My son gradated from UC Santa Cruz . granted it took him 9 months to find a really good job but it has payed off. And he managed to graduate with only ten thousands dollars it debt. He went to work for a non profit so his loans are forgiven. It took alot of work on his part but it payed off.

21 mikebassett July 15, 2017 at 8:30 AM

About the crazy drivers…
Yes, it does seem to be getting worse. Blame this on the shortage of law enforcement who are overwhelmed with more serious offenders.
I also think that with more accident avoidance safety features being deployed on newer cars, it is going to give reckless drivers a false sense of security that they can tailgate and swerve through traffic at higher rates of speed.
And then the fact that people can’t text and drive makes them want to hurry up and get to a traffic light (which is still illegal).
Our system is really failing us fast from drivers education, drivers training, lax of enforcement and cheap fines. Best thing to do is to be on guard and be an extremely defensive driver. Report offenders whenever possible. The more calls that come in for particular offenders, the more attention the situation will get.

22 Concordejet July 15, 2017 at 9:53 AM

The Animal

I am sorry for the lady who passed away she is very created decorating the VW with holidays.

The Barrel

I know there crazy people at the CVS

The Cafe

I know what you mean about college loan. My friend is currently receiving loan to attend to UC Davis he have to take summer class but the problem was the government loan dose not support the summer session. He found Grant to pay $2500 and he would only pay $1500 It $4000 just for two summer classes. so ridiculous

I am too lazy to get up can someone please get me a cup of coffee thank you

23 jtkatec July 15, 2017 at 10:17 AM

Thanks, Atticus. Another great bunch of links

24 Atticus Thraxx July 15, 2017 at 10:53 AM

🙂

25 Enfield303 July 15, 2017 at 11:33 AM

Nice list Atticus, A double barreled wheellock pistol eh? I guess they should of banned large capacity magazines and assault pistols in the 1540s and we wouldn’t be in the mess we are today.

26 Howard K. Mullins III July 15, 2017 at 11:41 AM

The Cynical Philosopher

♦ I read that 4,153,237 people got married last year; not to cause any trouble, but shouldn’t that be an even number? HMMMM!

♦ Today a man knocked on my door and asked for a small donation towards the local swimming pool. I gave him a glass of water.

♦ I find it ironic that the colors red, white, and blue stand for freedom until they are flashing behind you.

♦ When wearing a bikini, women reveal 90% of their body… men are so polite they only look at the covered parts.

♦ Relationships are a lot like algebra. Have you ever looked at your X and wondered Y?

♦ America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won’t cross the street to vote. THIS ONE RESONATES!

♦ Did you know that dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish?

♦ My therapist says I have a preoccupation with vengeance. We’ll see about that.

♦ I think my neighbor is stalking me as she’s been googling my name on her computer. I saw it through my telescope last night.

♦ Money talks …but all mine ever says is good-bye.

♦ You’re not fat, you’re just…easier to see.

♦ If you think nobody cares whether you’re alive, try missing a couple of payments.

♦ I always wondered what the job application is like at Hooters. Do they just give you a bra and say, “Here, fill this out?”

♦ I can’t understand why women are okay that JC Penney has an older women’s clothing line named, “Sag Harbor.”

♦ My therapist said that my narcissism causes me to misread social situations. I’m pretty sure she was hitting on me.

♦ My 60 year kindergarten reunion is coming up soon and I’m worried about the 175 pounds I’ve gained since then.

♦ Denny’s has a slogan, “If it’s your birthday, the meal is on us.” If you’re in Denny’s and it’s your birthday, your life sucks!

♦ The pharmacist asked me my birth date again today. I’m pretty sure she’s going to get me something.

♦The location of your mailbox shows you how far away from your house you can be in a robe before you start looking like a mental patient.

♦ I think it’s pretty cool how Chinese people made a language entirely out of tattoos.

♦ Money can’t buy happiness, but it keeps the kids in touch!

27 ConcordKate July 15, 2017 at 12:41 PM

Howard K – thought provoking and very funny. Thanks!

28 Bob Foo July 15, 2017 at 1:14 PM

@12:

Great point. Getting my A.S. in electrical was the best thing I’ve ever done. I’m working on my B.S. in electrical engineering now and as far as I can tell, the sky’s the limit.

29 anon July 15, 2017 at 1:58 PM

Does anyone know anything about the high speed pursuit last night from Marsh Creek Rd into Clayton? I think Sheriffs Department, CPD and Clayton PD were involved.

30 Shasta Daisy July 15, 2017 at 2:25 PM

37 days and counting 🌞

Peace ✌🏼

31 Howard K. Mullins III July 15, 2017 at 2:44 PM

@Concord Kate

You are welcome.

32 Original G July 15, 2017 at 4:12 PM

@Bob Foo Spent five hours at work today going over vendor electrical prints with one of our new Electrical Engineers. Figure industrial electricians and instrument techs at BART and most refineries in area are my age and older. Just from my department with 15 electrician / instrumentation technician this year we’ve had 3 guys quit for better paying jobs.
Here is sample of what’s being paid on public employee side.

I tell all our new guys coming into our maintenance shop
“Company provides bosses and engineers for your entertainment.”
Could have retired 10 years ago but am having way too much fun to leave.

33 Justifiable Languor July 15, 2017 at 5:31 PM

94 on the porch at 5:30pm. I guess we can expect warmer tomorrow, Sunday.

34 Justifiable Languor July 15, 2017 at 6:40 PM

Well, either I’m short or crazy. The taller one just corrected me. Sorry for the misinformation. It is 96 on the porch. a few minutes after I posted. Rats!

35 Justifiable Languor July 15, 2017 at 6:44 PM

Couble D pillow punching DRAT!

36 Bob Foo July 15, 2017 at 7:19 PM

@32:

I actually was a tech with BART for a while. Left them earlier this year for a better opportunity with another transit agency.

Seeing as I’m only 26, I’m doing pretty well I’d say.

37 nytemuvr July 15, 2017 at 10:13 PM

@Bob Foo #36
You don’t grab the brass ring on the carousel every time….kids today, sheez!

38 Chip July 16, 2017 at 11:29 AM

Advanced Property Management – Good? Bad? Neutral?

39 Chip July 16, 2017 at 11:38 AM

@ 5, 11, 15, and 21
I cannot BELIEVE the risks to life (their own, mine, and others) selfish people are willing to take just to get somewhere 5 minutes earlier or to take a phone call or text message without pulling over.

In addition, people from foreign countries, with little or no understanding of US traffic laws are legally allowed to operate vehicles using their foreign DLs in CA for a limited time without undergoing any training or testing whatsoever.

CA does not even offer driver’s ed anymore.

–over 30 years with a clean driving record and no accidents; hoping some aggressive fool out there doesn’t wipe it out and send us both to the hospital in a few seconds.

40 Jojo Potato July 16, 2017 at 11:40 AM

APM ? You mean the one in Pleasant Hill I guess. They’re decent. They manage the condo complex in WC where I own one. They do the right thing but only if you keep after them. They can be hard to get a call back from and not great on follow through. But over the years I’ve learned who to call.

41 Silva July 16, 2017 at 11:47 AM

Soap nuts/berries. My new favorite non-detergent. From laundry to shampoo. Where has this been all my life? India.

42 Accident? July 16, 2017 at 3:01 PM

I overheard some people talking in a store on Clayton Rd. near Ygnacio Valley Rd. that someone was hit by a car this morning on Clayton Rd. Anyone hear about that?

43 Mary Fouts July 17, 2017 at 12:15 PM

@Shasta Daisy – The 2 Western Bluebird chicks fledged from my front yard nesting box this weekend. I’ve heard their distinctive chirps in the Cedar Redwood trees adjacent to our driveway. Cleaned out the nesting box today, no unhatched eggs.

Our Redwoods support much bird life. Today I say a male House Finch flying away from the trees, chasing off a male Western Bluebird. Hopefully they will figure things out!

44 Original G July 17, 2017 at 2:46 PM

@nytemuv Respectfully a person with a specialized skill set which is both portable and in demand can grab the the brass ring each time.

My employer has resorted to hiring students fresh out of training programs from schools as far away as Washington state and Idaho as well as Los Angeles and the Los Medanos program due to shortage of qualified people.

45 nytemuvr July 17, 2017 at 4:01 PM

@Original G #44
I agree fully with what you say, my comment was directed towards the Millennial’s view on his young life. I was pretty cocky at that age too I guess, he’s barely cleared the on ramp driving the highway of life.

46 Kirkwood July 18, 2017 at 12:17 PM

The transparentcalifornia website has been an interesting consolidation of many sources of information, if not complete, lacking such data as pay step within a classification. With posters complaining about their perception of BART Station agent salaries being 6 figures, actually are 5 figures. In the electrician classification, I noticed that the lowest paid electricians were county employees, cities next, and third lowest, BART, all in the 5 digit dollar category. The prevailing wage was in the 6 digit base pay area. I won’t go into what qualifications are required for a trade classification which can vary widely.
I’ve been retired from the City of Concord for 12 years. It was was interesting to to see how many still worked for the City. It was 4 or 5.

47 Kentucky Derby July 18, 2017 at 5:34 PM

To the Nevada Parole Board (You never know who’s reading):

DO NOT LET OJ SIMPSON OUT OF PRISON! He’s where he belongs. Anyone who’s foolish enough to commit armed robbery after beating a double murder.

Thank you.

48 Silva July 19, 2017 at 10:10 AM

Kentucky Derby, Someone may have heard your plea. Maybe NSFW;

49 Kentucky Derby July 19, 2017 at 10:40 AM

Silva, LOL!

50 Anon-2-U July 19, 2017 at 4:13 PM

I had someone move from the middle lane on Treat Blvd. into the turn lane and cut me off this morning. Their license plate frame said cityofconcord.org It was a black car, no city logo on it at all. I honked the horn and flipped them off.

At the same light while I was waiting for the turn pocket to turn green, the light at Oak Grove and Treat was legitimately RED and some a**hole drove through the intersection, and they had plenty of time to stop. It was also funny/interesting because the truck behind me was a TJ’s worker.

51 TIFOKCIS July 19, 2017 at 4:27 PM

#50

Typical mile in Concord.

52 Retired LEO July 19, 2017 at 5:06 PM

@#50 – did you see the plate? Was it an exempt?

53 Atticus Thraxx July 19, 2017 at 5:27 PM

They don’t call him “Juice” for nothing. 😉

54 Still anon July 19, 2017 at 8:34 PM

Why was ghetto bird flying around Newhall area?

55 Anon E Cat July 19, 2017 at 8:34 PM

Copter flying the Ygnacio Valley Rd., Ayers area, anyone know what’s up?

56 Mr. J July 19, 2017 at 9:36 PM

Hey Concord PD – if you are reading, can we get some late afternoon/evening crosswalk enforcement at the new crosswalk on Oak Street between the Concord BART station lot and the parking lot/structure across the street? Last two evenings cars have failed to yield as folks have tried to cross the street.

57 WestCoastAvenger July 19, 2017 at 9:37 PM

What’s up with that copter? It’s been flying around since about 4pm I’d say. Can they even stay in the air that long without refueling? It’s almost 10pm now!

58 Atticus Thraxx July 20, 2017 at 9:02 PM

Things would be better if:

God was hands on.

You could lose weight eating premium ice cream.

If owning guns did in fact enhance your ‘manhood’.

Evil people looked as evil as they are.

People spent less time ruminating about how good things used to be and instead focused on how good things could be now. Irony follows….

The president wasn’t a tragically flawed, incompetent , liar-infant.

I could shoot lasers out of my eyes.

Farts smelled like cinnamon.

I didn’t have Melanoma or if I have to have it, I could cut it all out myself.

You could deduct gasoline from your taxable income.

Dogs and cats lived longer.

I didn’t have a crush on my eye doctor.

If mean, shi**y people just died by 25 years old.

Tomatoes were vegetables instead of fruit.

Sharks died when they bit you and they knew it.

A tiny portion of our population didn’t have ALL the money.

Richard Dreyfuss didn’t ruin the movie ‘Jaws’. Ruin is too strong a word but you know what I mean.

Bruce Jenner was still muthatruckin Bruce Jenner.

John Coltrane lived longer.

I had to talk to less people with bad breath.

The Bible was written by William Shakespeare.

Rear wheeled vehicles would regain their dominance in the market. I’m not buying anymore front wheeled drive crap.

I could talk to my Mom and Dad again one more time.

For every whale or seal or dolphin found dead in an abandoned fishing net, a boat captain drowned too.

Coke and Pepsi had never been invented.

Stupid people knew they were stupid and felt shame.

OJ Simpson would spend the rest of his life hunting for the killers of his wife and her lover. And it was a t.v. show.

U2 would have broken up after their fourth album.

I never saw roadkill.

Speaking of roadkill, why is Joan Jett in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?

Wheat Chex weren’t obscenely expensive.

I had a FitBit when I served in the military.

Putin would choke to death while eating babies. Russian babies, so its okay.

Martha Stewart and Snoop Dogg would marry. Definite chemistry.

The titles for the movies ‘There Will Be Blood’ and ‘No Country For Old Men’ were switched.

Deash and the Taliban would declare jihad on each other.

Pear juice got the love it deserves.

Yoko Ono would die peacefully in her sleep. Thirty five years ago.

I could rescue every bullied kid, every abused wife and every abandoned pet.

The noise in my head would stop.

My favorite authors would triple their writing output.

Oklahoma was suddenly swallowed by the earth never to be seen again.I wouldn’t miss Mississippi either.

I liked wine.

Hackers would take down Twitter, Facebook and that Instagram deal for good and forever.

I had grandchildren by now.

I liked pesto.

I had more time and energy to bloviate some more.

Schlafen sie gut!

59 Shasta Daisy July 20, 2017 at 9:27 PM

@Mary Fouts, Congratulations!

How many eggs were in the nest, only two?

60 Silva July 21, 2017 at 9:26 AM

Atticus Thraxx, I love you. Hey, I could whip you up some sunscreen that won’t even let you get a tan and stays on forever and leave it at the Library.

61 Silva July 21, 2017 at 9:31 AM

Did I post this yet? “People who tried to take panoramic shots and opened up the gates of hell”;

62 Silva July 21, 2017 at 9:54 AM

Oh, and I promise not to use aluminum oxide😇

63 Atticus Thraxx July 21, 2017 at 11:25 AM

I’d like to take you up on that offer dear Silva. Dermatologist recommended a brand/SPF but I like the idea of a safe, homemade solution. Thank you so very much!

64 Mary Fouts July 21, 2017 at 12:30 PM

@Shasta Daisy – Yes, only 2 eggs. I thought for sure I would find unhatched eggs when I cleaned out the box, but nothing. And during the time the chicks were in the nesting box, we heard and saw just 2 chicks, so also certain none died after hatching.

The parents were very protective of the nest. Mom Bluebird did most of the feeding, Dad Bluebird kept watch. One day I saw Mom and Dad chase off a squirrel that must have gotten too close to the nesting box, they dive bombed the squirrel as it was running way.

RE: other wildlife, we are going to install a bat box in the backyard. I’ll post if it becomes inhabited. My milkweed (and other assorted wild flowers) are going gangbusters this summer. Hopefully they will offer positive support to the butterfly, bee, and bird population.

65 Silva July 21, 2017 at 12:40 PM

My pleasure. It will be another tool in your arsenal. I go in for another round of oral bone transplanting and tissue harvesting this afternoon, so I’m on it… soon. If I was smarter I’d create a toothless emoji. (toothless emoji here😉)

If you go to the County Fair, watch out for that Zipper!!!

66 Mary Fouts July 21, 2017 at 1:11 PM

South PH: Dog fight resulting in dog’s death – This week, 2 off leash dogs got into a fight on Belle Ave in south PH; a male lab mix named Norton and a male white pit bull named Max. (The Bit Bull’s prior name was Freddie). The lab mix died of its injuries, an elderly man was severely injured in both hands (bites) attempting to break up the fight.

Contra Costa Animal Control did not confiscate the Pit Bull, but rather is allowing the owner to keep it at the Bell Ave home in quarantine. Please take extra care if walking your dog in this area.

67 Atticus Thraxx July 21, 2017 at 4:40 PM

Oral bone transplant sounds ominous, painful and expensive. Be well dear friend. 😷

68 KAD July 21, 2017 at 4:42 PM

Last. Have a great weekend everyone.

69 KAD July 21, 2017 at 4:44 PM

Mary Fouts – That is so sad. The elderly man is injured and lost his dog. How can CCAC allow the Pit Bull stay at home if the man was bitten.

70 Atticus Thraxx July 21, 2017 at 7:06 PM

KAD I’ll call your last and raise you two lasts.

71 KAD July 21, 2017 at 7:14 PM