Large Branch Falls Off Eucalyptus Tree on Pine Creek Way in Concord (PHOTOS)

June 17, 2017 16:29 pm · 14 comments

A large branch fell off a eucalyptus tree today at 1220 Pine Creek Way in Concord.

Damage was reported to some of the units in the complex, but fortunately no injuries were reported.

Thanks to Mark Torres for the photos and information.

{ 14 comments… read them below or add one }

1 MikeT June 17, 2017 at 4:32 PM

I have a eucalyptus tree in my yard, it is nothing but a 20 ton weed!

2 Silva June 17, 2017 at 5:09 PM

Widowmaker.

3 bluebird June 17, 2017 at 7:08 PM

Okay time for legislation to cut down eucalyptus trees anywhere near homes and apartments.

4 Mike June 17, 2017 at 7:54 PM

The Irony. (Pine Creek Way)

5 Frank June 17, 2017 at 9:51 PM

Tree maintenance failure.

6 Tymee Kangrew June 17, 2017 at 10:51 PM

Back home down under the Eucs usually have break outs like this at Christmas..( the hottest part of our Summer) still can’t believe that the democratic people’s republic of California has not outlawed these dangerous trees, much like My home land has outlawed Guns!

7 Jon June 18, 2017 at 3:18 AM

forreal Eucalyptus tree’s are weed’s and need to be clear of any buildings or roads with those weakass roots.

8 Downsport June 18, 2017 at 8:36 AM

I love eucalyptus trees. They smell wonderful and are nature’s insect repellant.

9 JB June 18, 2017 at 8:44 AM

Live there…..saw the fallen tree…..they were finally getting it cleared up
about 7 pm….so was there a while…..guess because so hot…did not want to
come earlier to take care of…going to be another hot one today….Happy Fathers day to all you fathers…..enjoy your day…..my beloved father passed away last year….heard there will be a special mass for him today….nice

10 Dr. Jellyfinger June 18, 2017 at 9:49 AM

When I was in Australia the tour guide told me the eucalyptus trees were full of koala bears that chew tree limbs like our American beavers do… lots of injuries from falling limbs down there and it practically rains koala bears on windy days… he said you’re a lucky mate if you only get hit by the limb because if a startled K-bear falls on you it will tear your face off!
We should count our blessings that beavers can’t climb trees.

11 Well Folks June 18, 2017 at 11:04 AM

JB #9 – Lived in Pine Creek 17 years and just moved out Friday. I can tell you homeowners have been all over the HOA and inept management the past 9-10 years about overgrown and unhealthy trees. All I can say is I am glad to be gone before the lawsuit by the adjacent HOA and the special assessment to cover the cost.

12 Aspirin June 18, 2017 at 12:43 PM

If the one on Clayton Road falls they will feel it in Napa County.

13 Mika June 18, 2017 at 2:50 PM

That is a branch of the tree? It’s as big as a tree!

14 Suzanne June 19, 2017 at 7:30 AM

Ahhh, eucalyptus! Love the smell, hate to be standing under one