The Water Cooler – Public Restrooms – Do You Use Them or Stay Away from Them?

May 17, 2017 12:00 pm · 41 comments

The “Water Cooler” will be up Monday-Friday in the noon hour.

Do you use public restrooms, or do you try and stay away from them as much as you can?

Talk about it….

{ 41 comments… read them below or add one }

1 Original G May 17, 2017 at 12:03 PM

Well this is enough to put you right off of having lunch.

2 Silva May 17, 2017 at 12:05 PM

😩

3 Concordejet May 17, 2017 at 12:06 PM

Depends

If it disgusting that u cannot breath than it better to move on.

4 Simonpure May 17, 2017 at 12:08 PM

Wouldn’t use that one and would never sit.

5 AnonZ May 17, 2017 at 12:09 PM

Only in an emergency!

6 Incognito May 17, 2017 at 12:12 PM

Sometimes when you have to go, you have to go…. however, when they look like the above, I pass, thank you!

7 Just protect my life, liberty and property please. May 17, 2017 at 12:13 PM

“When everybody owns something, nobody owns it, and nobody has a direct interest in maintaining or improving its condition.”

-Milton Friedman

8 anotherdayinParadise May 17, 2017 at 12:18 PM

Of course I use them, when you gotta go you gotta go. I do however have a small roll of toilet paper and hand soap in my small pack to use instead of theirs (I carry my pack everywhere cause it also has my gun in it).
One thing I never leave home without is my pack is for restrooms that never have toilet paper and soap.

9 Kirkwood May 17, 2017 at 12:25 PM

Although I don’t purposely avoid them but I plan ahead and limit intake of fluids to reduce unplanned needs. If a lady is with me then she controls the situation.

10 Simonpure May 17, 2017 at 12:28 PM

@ #3 Concordejet Good one. LMAO…if your wearing “Depends” you don’t need to.

11 WC resident May 17, 2017 at 12:44 PM

Claycord’s gone to the toilet.

12 GregTheElder May 17, 2017 at 12:56 PM

Soup’s on!

13 OverWhelmed May 17, 2017 at 12:59 PM

Picture must be of BART bathroom. I only use restrooms that I know are kept clean.

14 Turn and burn May 17, 2017 at 1:01 PM

I swear women are the worst. Seems no matter where I go, the first stall I open ALWAYS is never flushed. What the hell is wrong with you people? Flush the damn toilet, and don’t leave your nasty dirty tampons or pads on the floor. And I’m not talking about Walmart restrooms. This is at nice restaurants, retail stores, fairs, bars, concerts or wherever. Who does this? Are you that in a hurry to not make sure it goes down?

15 Anon May 17, 2017 at 1:08 PM

At work they had to put up a sign to FLUSH THE TOILET.
There was one guy who thought that he was doing his part to get back at “the man”.
I guess he hated everyone so much that he wanted to leave a double deuce for all to see.

16 anotherdayinParadise May 17, 2017 at 1:23 PM

This is why automatic flushing toilets came in to the public use, because morons will be morons and wont flush. I’m sure they flush their toilets at home or maybe they don’t but once a week.

17 Smokey May 17, 2017 at 1:41 PM

Was that picture really necessary?

18 Kirkwood May 17, 2017 at 1:48 PM

Reminds me of a sign I once saw while in the military: “Young pilots with short stacks and low manifold pressure taxi up close”.

19 Incognito May 17, 2017 at 1:55 PM

@14
I agree…. women top the charts at being pigs over men.

Also, when you use the paper “butt gaskets” to sanitize your butt while using the toilet, don’t leave it on the seat when you leave! Gross!

20 PO'd May 17, 2017 at 1:56 PM

Pic taken at Concord BART?

21 Michael Langley May 17, 2017 at 2:13 PM

Use what is available when one is in need. I found the two worst “experiences” were a porta-potty during basic training in South Carolina and public squat toilets in Chengdu, China. If one can go there, one can go anywhere.

22 The Mamba May 17, 2017 at 2:20 PM

Stay away.

23 Fob May 17, 2017 at 2:30 PM

I ride BART now and then

24 Aunt Bee May 17, 2017 at 2:57 PM

In the Bay area, NO WAY I would use the sidewalks. Why out of CA. are the rest rooms cleaner, I mean really acceptable and sanitary? The Bay Area Public restrooms are unacceptable for human use, I wouldn’t let my dog use these areas. No excuse except lack of concern by officials for public safety not to enforce more cleaning. I’ve see many farms cleaner than our cities. Thank you political leaders which I would love you to sit in most of these stalls. Animals are cleaner.

25 Bazooka Joe May 17, 2017 at 3:04 PM

Only number one, number two will wait till I get home. If the place stinks, I won’t even go in.
Why do they call it a restroom? We don’t go there to rest, and it shouldn’t be called it a bathroom either, we don’t go there to bathe.
Also, I can never figure out why doctors call poop, stool.
Hmm, something to ponder.

26 Aunt Bee May 17, 2017 at 3:21 PM

How about making people on food stamps, tax payer funding like section 8 etc. funding to devote at least 8 hours a week cleaning such facilities. Maybe than they will start to support services that fund them when they need to help clean up public tax payer owned property. You wouldn’t want your kids ripping off social services so why do we all others who suck off the system to do this? ARE YOU HEARING ME CITY OFFICIALS!

27 WhoDat? May 17, 2017 at 3:42 PM

I once tried to use a chemical toilet provided by the US Forest Service at Echo Lake (Highway 50 summit). There was a pyramid of solid waste within a few inches of the seat. Needless to say, I found a secluded bush to do my business. I no longer frequent public facilities of any kind.

28 Julio May 17, 2017 at 4:51 PM

I too carry my own necessary products in case I have to use a restroom. But I am also careful and have a few bathrooms around the area I know are safe. I don’t just go into any place like the one you disgustingly show.

29 Atticus Thraxx May 17, 2017 at 5:04 PM

That’s a picture I really didn’t need to see. Thanks.

30 KAD May 17, 2017 at 5:36 PM

I stay away if at all possible.

31 Cowellian May 17, 2017 at 5:58 PM

THREE ROOMS AND A PATH

In Nashville, every family boasts
Of five rooms and a bath.
But in my youth I never had
But three rooms and a path.

They built the outhouse on the brink
Of Tumblin Creek, and then
Each time I passed I had an urge
To push the outhouse in.

For weeks I fought this powerful urge,
And one day I was weak
I slipped out to the outhouse and
I pushed it in the creek.

That night my Dad called me aside
And all he had to say
Was “Do you know who pushed the house
Into the creek today?”

I told my Dad that it was I
He didn’t even chide
But then and there with a leather belt
Prepared to tan my hide.

“But Daddy” I said, “George Washington
Cut down the cherry tree
He told the truth and so his Pa
Let little George go free”.

“But let me ask you something son”
My Dad said with a frown
“Was his Pa in the cherry tree
When George cut it down?”

Pek Gunn
Tennessee State Poet Laureate

32 Lambie May 17, 2017 at 6:27 PM

Only if absolutely necessary

33 Willis May 17, 2017 at 6:45 PM

Vacationing in the gulf side of Florida currently. The McDonalds bathroom was so clean and had zero graffiti/vandalism I thought I was dreaming. Given the demographics it makes sense.

34 Silva May 17, 2017 at 7:53 PM

A sign I once read on a porta potty door in Guatemala;
Orine feliz,
Orine contento,
Pero por favor,
Orine adentro!

35 wow May 17, 2017 at 9:00 PM

Yum

36 jjshawk May 17, 2017 at 9:23 PM

If it looks anything like the picture,……stay far-far away! If I have to drain-the-lizard really badly, I’d close my eyes and hold my breath. No way, would I ever, ever, ever, ever, let my butt-cheeks anywhere near a dirty public-crapper,…..barring, a sudden case of food poisoning, being slipped ex-lax, or whatever.

@25 – How about, “Pooh-Pooh-Chamber”?

37 Ancient Mariner May 17, 2017 at 9:40 PM

Nice one, Silva!
My Spanish is limited, but i get it!

38 Ancient Mariner May 17, 2017 at 9:42 PM

Cowellian – I like your poetry.
I was wondering how it would end – funny!

39 Joe May 18, 2017 at 11:44 AM

People are savages.

40 chuckie the troll May 18, 2017 at 11:46 AM

In an emergency, all options need to be considered. As a general rule I avoid bathrooms at BART, parks, anywhere the homeless congregate, etc…I prefer to plan ahead so I don’t end up in a nasty situation.

41 GottaGo May 19, 2017 at 12:18 PM

Only when Im gonna burst. Best bathrooms I’ve been to are in Barnes and Noble. Chicago O’Hare airport has automatic seat covers !!!! Amazing. They stay in place too.