Police Pursuit of Motorcycle Ends After Suspect Crashes Into Tree, Suffers Leg Injury

April 20, 2017 22:08 pm · 12 comments

A police pursuit involving a motorcycle ended after the suspect crashed into a tree at Concord Blvd. and East St. just before 8 p.m. on Thursday.

The motorcycle started on fire after the crash, and the suspect suffered a leg injury.

The motorcycle is believed to have been stolen.

The suspect’s identity hasn’t been released.

1 Thatguy April 20, 2017 at 10:14 PM

I appreciate that our police department still chases bad guys.

2 Why Am I Hungry April 20, 2017 at 10:51 PM

Then don’t run from the police

3 Average Joe April 21, 2017 at 2:31 AM

Agreed that guy

4 1776vet April 21, 2017 at 4:45 AM

The PD did an excellent job. Too bad my bike was destroyed.

5 Kean April 21, 2017 at 7:06 AM

There were so many cops. Had to be 8-10 cop cars. If the guy got hurt crashing…most of those cops could’ve moved on.

6 anon April 21, 2017 at 8:08 AM

Prop 47, 57, 62 & AB109–he will be out soon
the liberals have no clue as to what they have done

7 chuckie the troll April 21, 2017 at 8:15 AM

I hope the tree is OK.

8 Felipe April 21, 2017 at 9:17 AM

Anon #6, Our gracious admin provides regular political discussion threads. I’d like to know more about your comment. For clarification I have negative sympathy for violent criminals and drug pushers. Whether they be family, neighbor, fool or friend. I digress, this is not the proper forum.

9 Getoverit April 21, 2017 at 9:18 AM

Kean – you obviously know nothing about police work so please keep your ignorant comments to yourself. Regardless if there were 2 or 20 cops, ever cop is there for a reason and has some part to play in the situation. How about you go on a ride along one day just to get a good understanding of it. I’m sure your job is so much more important that what they do every day.

10 Bazooka Joe April 21, 2017 at 10:24 AM

Karma.

11 Dull 'ole Toole April 21, 2017 at 11:08 AM

Anon #6 doesn’t seem to realize that places like Europe, which have much more lenient sentencing, also have significantly lower violent crime rates. Be that as it may, at least some of America’s high murder rate (relatively, given it’s GDP and development) is because we have multitudes more guns in the hands of everyday citizens and I’d rather live with America’s current issues than have to watch it turn into European-like lameness.

Getoverit #9, being on the wrong side of the law has ruined a lot of opportunity in my life, but has also allowed me to witness the often complete lack of the professionalism that one should be able to except for law enforcement, the jailer that egged on a fight in Juvenile Hall, and more than anything the overall inefficiencies of law enforcement and much worse, the failures because of the bureaucracy and awkward dogma of the court systems in general

12 ConcordMike April 22, 2017 at 1:13 PM

So the suspect survived. They will be back at it again as soon as they are out.