Woman Rescued from Lafayette Creek

April 19, 2017 21:35 pm · 15 comments

A woman was rescued from a creek near Lafayette BART on Wednesday evening.

It’s unclear how the woman ended up in the creek, which is about 15′-20′ off a trail which leads from Lafayette BART to downtown.

Police and fire pulled the woman from the water, and used a rope to get her up the steep cliff.

The extend of the woman’s injuries is not known at this time.

photo credit: Craig Cannon – for use only on Claycord.com

birdy April 19, 2017 at 10:32 PM

cuckoo

Really ??? April 19, 2017 at 11:31 PM

Trying to swim to Walnut Creek BART to join the “unstable” man??

Old Oti April 20, 2017 at 5:20 AM

Did she have a paddle?

G April 20, 2017 at 6:51 AM

Mental illness? Probably. How rude of your comments 1, 2 and 3. I don’t know this woman, but I would assume mental illness. Please try to show some human kindness. I’m sure your comments wouldn’t be the same if it was someone you knew!

Simonpure April 20, 2017 at 8:52 AM

Unbelievable how cold people can be.

Dr. Jellyfinger April 20, 2017 at 8:55 AM

Why do all of you figure she’s nutty?
Rescued from the creek…
You don’t have to be daffy to find yourself in a predicament… it even happened to me once… fire department, fast water rescue… helicopter.. lot’s of commotion.. but I learned my lesson.
Never count money outside on a windy day.

:( April 20, 2017 at 9:13 AM

You guys/girls are all SO MEAN!! You have NO IDEA what the story is! Show some compassion!

chuckie the troll April 20, 2017 at 9:48 AM

Hey folks, way too early to judge her mental condition or how she ended up in the creek. Let’s give her the benefit of the doubt for now.

WC resident April 20, 2017 at 10:00 AM

Jellyfinger #3 wrote:
> Never count money outside on a windy day.

You need to add “with jelly fingers” to that.

Did you get the money back?

Silva April 20, 2017 at 10:33 AM

How harsh. How the heck does someone being rescued from a creek equate mental instability? Maybe she fell in and was injured?

Silva April 20, 2017 at 11:41 AM

Jeez. I’ve been in that creek lots of times.

Willis April 20, 2017 at 12:31 PM

Hope she doesn’t get Poison Oak. Glad she is safe and warm now.

Shoulda Coulda April 20, 2017 at 5:31 PM

@ Dr. Jellyfinger

Doc, were you rescued from Cache Creek?

Ancient Mariner April 20, 2017 at 8:46 PM

With all the rain the creek banks are saturated and unstable. There have been lots of bank failures along the creeks in Lafayette recently, especially along Las Trampas Creek. Probably she was walking along and stepped too close to the edge and it gave way under her. Good point about the poison oak – nasty stuff, and lots of it out there.

Dr. Jellyfinger April 20, 2017 at 10:03 PM

@ WC Resident ~ Yes I got most of it back … a $5 bill and three $1 bills, so eight out of ten!
I held the money up and told the firemen / rescue guys the same thing and one of them said “Your rescue cost about $2000 bucks!’
I curtly reminded him I’m a taxpayer! …and I’m still down $2 dollars!”

@ Shoulda Coulda ~ No… I’ve never left Cache Creek with any money to count.