Suspect Steals Two Purses from Vehicle at Walnut Creek BART Station

April 19, 2017 10:00 am · 16 comments

A criminal stole two purses from a vehicle at the Walnut Creek BART station on Sunday, according to BART Police.

A patron reported their black 2013 Infiniti G37 was burglarized between 4 p.m. and 6 p.m.

The suspect gained entry by unknown means, according to police.

No other information was provided by BART Police.

1 ConcordDad April 19, 2017 at 10:22 AM

I’m sorry but you do have to protect yourself sometimes! It’s like leaving cash on the front seat! Not to mention what public parking area is safe to leave your car parked in with valuables sitting on the seat. Very few if any!

2 MElMel April 19, 2017 at 10:26 AM

So, don’t leave your purses in your car. You know that people want to steal your stuff. Don’t make it easy for them.

3 SF oh April 19, 2017 at 10:29 AM

Ok – I will be one of many who will the obvious question: why would anyone leave their purse in a vehicle parked at BART?

4 Simonpure April 19, 2017 at 11:20 AM

Perhaps they were in her trunk

5 Mika April 19, 2017 at 12:03 PM

Stupid! STUPID! Stupid!

6 MElMel April 19, 2017 at 12:08 PM

“Perhaps they were in her trunk”

Nah.

7 Creepville April 19, 2017 at 12:11 PM

Reminder when you leave your vehicle…. Creeps are watching and can see you put Purses in trunk. Speaking of Creeps Last night there were three in their 20’s -30’s screaming and yelling downtown Walnut Creek. Walked by called me a C**t, as I put money in the meter, minding my own business and then later were playing with green lit up lasers in the middle of Main street screaming and yelling again.
I was about to report it, when they disappeared into the Broadway Pointe Parking Garage. Wonder if they were ever spotted by Police as the night went on.
More nuts on the loose
People have really gone nuts on drugs

8 Everyone Here Knows April 19, 2017 at 12:20 PM

Everyone here on Claycord knows that you don’t leave ANYTHING in your car (visible or not) that you don’t want stolen, ESPECIALLY at BART or an East Bay Regional trail head.

The question is, why are these dummies not reading Claycord!!

9 Aob April 19, 2017 at 12:28 PM

Can’t put your purse on the floor when your on the toilet

10 The man April 19, 2017 at 12:32 PM

Can you put up about the body they found dead on solano way instead of this put news up that people want too see An gear about not this crap!!!!!

11 Dee April 19, 2017 at 12:35 PM

If you are so dumb as to leave not only 1 but 2 purses in your car anyplace never mind BART you shouldn’t be too surprised SMH

12 My Oh My April 19, 2017 at 1:03 PM

If you leave pocket change in your cup holder they will steal it. If you leave your sunglasses in the car they will steal them. Hide the stuff or get it stolen. Not to hard to figure out.

13 Silva April 19, 2017 at 1:28 PM

I hope they were empty. Otherwise you wouldn’t leave purses in a car. Unless you’ve lived a pretty sheltered life for the last 80 years. Or you are from a kinder gentler part of the planet. They were probably well hidden from sight, and just there for backup wardrobe changes. I gotta give the victim(s) some benefit of the doubt. Or someone’s trying for an insurance payout.

14 You Can't Fix Stupid April 19, 2017 at 5:43 PM

They should be thankful the thief left them their catalytic converter. I never leave valuables in my vehicle, but now I need to worry that creeps will crawl under my SUV and steal parts from the vehicle itself. I just drive to SF when I need to nowadays. Easier.

Thanks again to CA voters for voting yes on all the bills to release criminals back into the public. We’ll be paying for another round of court costs when these creeps inevitably get picked up again to be churned through the system…but only after they steal from dozens of people, stores, etc.

15 MovingOutOfCA April 19, 2017 at 5:47 PM

We shouldn’t have to worry about leaving any valuables in the car. My grandfather ( 94) remembers even during the depression, people wouldn’t steal. Of coarse there have always been theives, but it has gotten to a whole other level. I grew up here in Concord/Walnut Creek ( I’m 50) and I remember a different time. Again, yes there were theives, but not like we have now.

I believe it’s the breakdown of the family, and less people who go to Church and who believe in God. Bring back Prayer and family values in our school’s, and we would see a huge turn around in society.

16 Grewah April 19, 2017 at 6:40 PM

Nice description of the vehicle. Should have included the license plate. Make it easier for the next thief to find it.
I am impressed. So far, not one commentator has complained about all the folks blaming the victim.