Person Dumps Truckload of Garbage, Dirt, Other Items into Creek on Grant St. in Concord (PHOTOS)

January 11, 2017 14:00 pm · 30 comments

A person dumped a truckload of garbage, which according to witnesses included dirt, rocks, glass, plastic, garbage and plant materials into the creek off Grant St. in Concord this week.

Unfortunately the big storm washed everything away.

1 Bancroft Parent January 11, 2017 at 2:35 PM

what a pig!

2 Ancient Mariner January 11, 2017 at 2:46 PM

Agreed, No.1!

3 Anon Anon January 11, 2017 at 2:47 PM

That’s the way they do it where he comes from.

4 lola2u January 11, 2017 at 2:49 PM

I wonder if there was anything in the ‘garbage’ that would indicate a residence, person’s name, etc. It was despicable to dump this stuff in the creek….no respect for our environment. I wonder if folks and/or certain businesses are encouraged to illegally dump stuff so they don’t have to pay the hefty fee to go to the dump. Regardless…..illegal dumping is terrible, regardless of where it occurs. We can’t have enough cameras to catch some people doing the awful things that they do…..

5 real deal January 11, 2017 at 3:13 PM

There were witnesses? Did they get the license plate number? If not, why not?

6 Divided and Concord January 11, 2017 at 3:16 PM

No license plate on the truck?

7 Incognito January 11, 2017 at 3:28 PM

I, personally, am tired of seeing this type of thing and it’s getting more and more common. Kirker Pass Road is a target all the time, and I’m not talking about small items.

I wonder how many $1,000 tickets have been sited for littering? This would be a huge cash cow – just a suggestion for our local police officers looking to make quota on tickets.

And, I agree with Comment #1 and Comment #3.

8 TIFOKCIS January 11, 2017 at 3:32 PM

3rd world POS.

9 ME January 11, 2017 at 3:54 PM

It would not be a huge surprise if it was the fake contractor using the license number and business card for Big 16 Construction. He’s legally being hunted down by many people at the moment. The debris in that picture looks similar to the debris I couldn’t get him to clean up after he destroyed my newly done yard. Anything and everything to cut corners!

10 Joho January 11, 2017 at 4:03 PM

This person might have been a member of an underserved minority. We really shouldn’t judge them. After all it’s the law abiding, tax paying citizens fault they did this!!!

11 Nutcreek Frontier January 11, 2017 at 4:15 PM

I’d like to see CPD investigate this a bit more, there are cameras everywhere, maybe one of them picked up a plate or truck signage. Environmental crime, who knows what was dumped in the water supply.

12 Mrs. Z January 11, 2017 at 4:23 PM

If this happened before the storm, why was it not cleaned up before it got washed away?

13 Anon January 11, 2017 at 4:38 PM

Kind of surprised people witnessed this and didn’t say anything or take photos of the POS.

14 Gumshoe January 11, 2017 at 4:53 PM

Tire tracks are like fingerprints, no two are alike. The police won’t bother to investigate though.

15 Never Enough January 11, 2017 at 5:26 PM

Sure you can stop people, 5k fine and if vehicle is involved it is instantly towed towed and taken to cover cost of cleanup. But even when we do have tough laws they are not enforced.

16 Nick January 11, 2017 at 5:35 PM

Anyone with an ounce of common sense can figure out what it means. If someone is going to do something, they’re going to do it anyway.

Once again – just don’t do it in the creek.

17 slagheap January 11, 2017 at 7:07 PM

the practice is rampant, everything from mattress/box springs to full truckloads of assorted filth.

18 Fiddle Sticks January 11, 2017 at 7:16 PM

Makes me sick!

19 Fed up January 11, 2017 at 7:50 PM

That should be a $10,000 fine a d a year of picking up garbage dumped in and around creeks. Mandatory education in respecting our planet and town. A-holes. Concord get cameras!

20 Claycordian January 11, 2017 at 8:39 PM

There should be a special room in Hell for those people….

21 Philo beto January 11, 2017 at 8:42 PM

God forbid….not the creek! Anywhere but the creek! 🙂

22 Dr. Jellyfinger January 11, 2017 at 10:56 PM

Well …. Dam!

23 Philo beto January 12, 2017 at 5:49 AM

Well, i guess we should be thankful that they had the decency to put out the orange safety cone while they dumped.

24 Anon January 12, 2017 at 6:27 AM

I hope the witnesses got a license plate to report.

25 Doh January 12, 2017 at 10:25 AM

The people who do this do it at night. They don’t want to pay any land fill fees. I’ve seen large stuff dropped off randomly in my neighborhood. The worst I saw was a 5 gallon bucket of motor oil they left in front of a neighbor’s house. That neighbor happened to be out of town. I don’t think gas stations charge for oil collection so I don’t know why they did it.

26 J. January 12, 2017 at 12:27 PM

Take pictures, call CPD directly, follow them at a safe distance and be a good witness – then, report it to Public Works with the Smartphone app: Concord Connects

27 Skippy January 12, 2017 at 12:37 PM

Yesterday, I saw a full size refrigerator next to McCaulos. The irony is, there is always someone who will take your stuff for free if you just put a little effort into it; scrap metal collectors, people who want free fill dirt, the county hazardous waste dropoff. In addition to everything they’ve been called, they are lazy.

28 Cornerhorse January 13, 2017 at 3:23 AM

A few weeks ago while at my son’s Doctors office near Salvia and Port Chicago, someone backed up a dump trailer and unloaded the trash in his parking lot. They were gone before we got outside, but a witness was almost hit as he sped away. She gave a fairly good description of the vehicle, and the direction it went, even though she was rather shaken by nearly being hit. I drove around the neighborhood and found a truck with a dump trailer matching the one she described, and this info was added to the police report. CPD said they couldn’t pursue the lead without the witness’ name. This incident appears to be fairly close in both location and time. Maybe the tire tracks in the mud could be compared with the tires on the vehicle that was seen dumping its load on Salvia.

29 Cornerhorse January 13, 2017 at 3:27 AM

*Salvio. I should have checked the spell checker!

30 J N Chase II January 14, 2017 at 10:24 AM

It is amazing how people can jump to assumptions. I reported this incident to the city. I only saw the end result, not the act in process. I invite everyone who cares about their city to exercise their finger and call the city when faced with similar situations