Motorcycle Safety Enforcement Operation Planned Tonight in Concord

September 27, 2016 16:00 pm · 8 comments

cpd

The Concord Police Department will be conducting two specialized Motorcycle Safety Enforcement Operations on Tuesday, September 27, 2016, and Thursday, September 29, 2016, from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., in an effort to lower deaths and injuries associated with motorcycle collisions, according to the Concord Police Department.

Extra officers will be on duty patrolling areas frequented by motorcyclists and where motorcycle crashes occur.

Officers will be looking for violations made by drivers and riders alike that can lead to motorcycle crashes.

They will be cracking down on both those operating regular vehicles and those operating motorcycles who are violating traffic safety laws.

1 Simonpure September 27, 2016 at 4:07 PM

from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., in an effort to lower deaths and injuries associated with motorcycle collisions.

Not gonna say it…

2 Bjorn Toby Wilde. September 27, 2016 at 4:14 PM

I just woke up today and read this…thanks for the warning.

3 Leva Cahment September 27, 2016 at 4:20 PM

Shouldn’t they always enforce motorcycle safety?
And do we really need to be notified that cops are going to be on patrol during rush hour? I mean, come on…

4 bosome September 27, 2016 at 4:23 PM

Very interesting. I was traveling East on Treat just passing Oak Grove when I encountered about 10 police motorcycles. a few of them had officers in their official uniforms while other looked like they were in street clothes however they were on bikes with red/blue lights on them. Let me be the first to say there wasnt a one of them that could ride worth a crap. All the sudden 3-4 of the back ones turned on their lights while in middle lane then slowly tried to pull over to the shoulder just about causing accidents while trying to get over, I couldn’t figure out what they were trying to do. They finally got over against the curb.
I passed em then 1/4 mile more the whole rest of the pack did the same exact thing.
Look guys if you are riding your bikes learn traffic maneuvering while in a pack otherwise your gonna get smushed.. I was bewildered trying to figure out exactly what you all were trying to do, but it was like a bunch of amateurs first day on bikes road trip.

5 bosome September 27, 2016 at 4:28 PM

If this was the guys I saw this afternoon that were going to do the mc enforcement good luck cause you are no example at all how to ride a motorcycle safely in traffic..

6 John Pope September 27, 2016 at 5:33 PM

Two motorcycle racers at the Sonoma County Fairgrounds have died in the last few days. Too many idiots on street bikes think they’re in a race. Anyone pulled over should be made to watch a video of the crashes, medical attempts to save the racers, their autopsies, and their burials.

7 Mrs. Z September 27, 2016 at 6:08 PM

My dad always calls motorcycle riders “organ donors”. Sad but true.

8 Concord Guy September 27, 2016 at 10:48 PM

These motorcycle enforcement actions usually yield more tickets for auto drivers.

I’m hoping that Concord PD does more of these. Looking forward to the results of tonight’s action.