Concord Police Release Results of Motorcycle Safety Enforcement Operation

March 28, 2016 8:00 am · 23 comments

cpd

The Concord Police Department conducted a motorcycle safety enforcement operation on Friday, March 25, 2016 from 800 a.m. to 1200 p.m.

This operation concentrated on a variety of infractions on the part of motorcycle riders and vehicle drivers.

The location of Friday’s operation was city-wide, and the goal of the operation was to bring awareness to the driving public of the issues of safely riding motorcycles and driving near them.

The results of the enforcement are as follows:

• 41 Vehicles stopped
  • 33 Drivers cited for a variety of infractions
  • 3 Motorcycle drivers cited for a variety of infractions

These enforcement efforts were funded by a grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety, through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

Report Drunk Drivers – Call 911!

Cellophane March 28, 2016 at 8:32 AM

Great job CPD.

anon March 28, 2016 at 8:35 AM

help me here – the M/C operation – wrote tickets on 3 M/C’s ??

TIFOKCIS March 28, 2016 at 9:14 AM

#2

Once again: I have been riding and driving for over 35 years and I see constant non-stop ignorance, recklessness and plain idiotic driving by mostly car drivers, trucks are next and then motorcycles, motorcycles are way down on my list of ‘who I look out for going to hit me’.

I keep centered in my lane, look both ways when a light turns green and head check changing lanes, use my directional indicators and drive not to kill and ride to stay alive.

How is your hate for motorcyclists serving you in your life?

Nick March 28, 2016 at 9:15 AM

Hahaha. Talk about conspiracy theories. Yea no, this wasn’t a ploy to generate revenue …

Anony March 28, 2016 at 9:16 AM

Auto stop disguised as a M/C stop. Surprize !

Anonymous March 28, 2016 at 9:20 AM

How about loud pipes? Of the grand total of three motorcycles cited did they get any loud pipes?. These folks like to blast around like little children making a lot of stupid noise and bugging us.The cops should stop them , impound their toys and take them to the crusher.

Mac March 28, 2016 at 9:37 AM

So 33 cars, and only 3 motorcycles.
And we think we have a motorcycle problem ?

Really March 28, 2016 at 9:45 AM

I wish I had known that CPD was going to do this on this day. I would have requested that they sit on our street of Cowell, before the Crossings. We have two motorcyclist that drive crazy down this street. They fly and I mean fly down the street. There are several of us who have asked them to slow down and they just keep doing it without an regards to kids playing, animals crossing the street. They are just young punks. CPD should sit on this street and they would see that this happens on a daily basis any time of the day. They live on one of the side streets. Some day they may grow up, but until then, we have to hear them FLY DOWN THE STREET ON THEIR LOUD BIKES and pray that none of our kids are playing out there or animals crossing the street.

Anon March 28, 2016 at 9:50 AM

#3-i’m on the road seven days a week and I see motorcyclists violating almost every law on a hourly basis. I also lived in Concord for 10 years and I was awakened every night by loud motorcycles-do I think they cared a bit about what they did …..of course not

@Anonomous March 28, 2016 at 10:09 AM

“A lot of stupid noise and bugging us”
“Bugging us”
So because you are bugged by something you advocate government get involved, Where they strong arm- I mean confiscate the bikes that “bug” you and destroy them……
People are scary. They want more and more mega sized government, and want that mega gvmnt to use violence and to destroy people property BECAUSE YOURE BUGGED MY IT.
Incredible

Dave o March 28, 2016 at 10:19 AM

I have a Harley I don’t have loud pipes on it but when I’m driving my car I never hear rice Rockets until there right next to me even though I’m not a big fan of loud pipes I do like the fact that I can hear them four or five cars back att least i get a chance to start looking around to find out where they’re at

Anon March 28, 2016 at 10:36 AM

Mirrors are on Bikes for a reason
Prizes cars are silent & you see them
loud pipes just make noise for their owners pleasure

@TIFOKCIS March 28, 2016 at 11:00 AM

How is your hate for everything and everyone serving you in yours? Moron

mutts March 28, 2016 at 11:39 AM

How about later hours! Concentrate on motorcycles and the noise and tearing down Clayton and Denkinger roads like there’s no tomorrow. No wonder I like winter. These fools hibernate.

Thundering923 March 28, 2016 at 11:54 AM

Dave o is completely right. You don’t hear rice rocket’s until they are already next to you or pass you and yes cars have mirrors and I am constantly scanning them but you can only do that so much or your going to end up rear ending someone. I too ride a Harley and some might say its loud even though I have been told it’s not excessively loud I will still kick it up a gear and lug it when I’m in a residential area so not to annoy people. I do know for a fact that my pipes have saved my life especially on the freeway. People can sit there and complain about loud pipes annoying them and people driving cars can use their mirrors,but a lot of people don’t and that’s a major problem. I know I have been driving in a car and had a bike right next to me and not known it till the last second and that scares the hell out of me. I agree some bikes are way to loud but I also know I would rather hear one approaching me then to accidentally hit one and end up killing someone or a rider and their passenger. Then again to all the anti motorcycle activist out there it would just be one less motorcycle on the road. It’s more so the people driving cars that need to be educated In driving in a safe manner and keeping an eye out for motorcycle riders. For god sakes people cars outnumber bikes, for every motorcycle on the road there are thousands of cars. How many of you can honestly say you are constantly looking out for motorcyclist. So loud pipes are just one more way of making sure that the people that are not paying attention don’t end up killing us.

Did anybody notice? March 28, 2016 at 12:32 PM

It doesn’t say “motorcycle enforcement”. It says ” motorcycle safety”. Maybe citing and educating car drivers is the most effective way to improve safety for motorcyclists.

Anon March 28, 2016 at 1:21 PM

Just remember having a bike put you at risk and you put yourself at risk by putting yourself on the bike ……this is your choice- deal with it.

Mac March 28, 2016 at 1:43 PM

@ 16….I agree
Saying safety, but really its just a chance to write more tickets.

Anon March 28, 2016 at 1:55 PM

Mac-those who got ticklers deserved them… Many more do also

PoliteRider March 28, 2016 at 3:59 PM

I commute most days on my yellow motorcycle from Cowell to Ygnacio Valley to downtown Walnut Creek. I am happy to say that the vast majority of people driving cars are courteous and give me a little extra room if I am trying to lane share past them. I always try my best to wave when people are nice to me. I have a loud motorcycle but try and keep it quiet, especially if it’s dark outside.

So, THANK YOU to Ygnacio Valley and Cowell Rd commuters. Sorry if I appear out of nowhere but I REALLY try to be courteous and follow all traffic laws.

-YellowMoto Brown Bag Man

@6 March 28, 2016 at 8:00 PM

@6 March 28, 2016 at 8:01 PM

Just an FYI the first thing Concord Police do is change the pipes on their Harley’s

anon March 29, 2016 at 3:11 PM

“Going to put my new header on just for you and remove the baffles loud pipe save life’s. Cage drivers need all the help they can get to see and hear motorcycles.”

we all hope you get many tickets as you deserve them