Tree Down on Oak Grove Rd., Flooding Conditions Reported throughout Claycord

March 5, 2016 22:06 pm · 9 comments

Oak Grove Rd. near the Ygnacio Valley Library has been shut down due to a downed tree.

Walnut Creek Police have the road blocked just after Walgreens.

Flooding conditions are also being reported throughout Claycord. Claycordians have checked-in from Oak Grove Rd. near Santa Paula Dr. in Concord, in Downtown Walnut Creek near Kaiser Hospital, and also on parts of Hwy.4 and I-680. The right lane of Contra Costa Blvd. near Geary also has a “large puddle”, according to a witness.

The rain is coming down fast, but hopefully it’ll ease up shortly.

Please drive safely.

Esther Williams March 5, 2016 at 10:17 PM

Flooding near Walnut Creek Library also…Beware!

john Pope March 5, 2016 at 11:22 PM

I’ll take flooding over drought anytime! You can’t drink, play, and water your garden with dry!

Driver 54 March 6, 2016 at 6:21 AM

#2 You really don’t understand how dangerous flooding can be, do you? Falling trees can kill, so are you saying that your garden is more important than human life?

Captain Bebops March 6, 2016 at 9:36 AM

Water is kinda important to human life. Yeah, it would be nice if nature didn’t decide it needed to make up for a lack of it all at once. Floods are also easier to prepare for than another problem we have in the Bay Area: earthquakes.

Jacqueline March 6, 2016 at 9:37 AM

Downed power line when I drove through around 9pm as well. Auntie Em!…

Kirkwood March 6, 2016 at 10:24 AM

My rain gauge in Kirkwood shows 1.76″ in the last 24 hours. Wind preceding the rainfall event recorded a peak gust of 17 mph.

john Pope March 6, 2016 at 11:35 AM

Driver 54: How ignorant are you? I’m talking about a state with 35 million people that’s close to running out of water. Think about it for a bit – no food and no drinking water. If it means a few people (Hell, even a few thousand is a drop in the bucket.) lose their homes, their cars, or their lives so that the rest of the state can thrive, I say it’s worth the loss. If I’m stupid enough, foolish enough, or unlucky enough to be one of them, so be it. I’ve made peace with my maker, so I ‘m not worried about dying. I’ve taken every precaution not to be a statistic, so I’ll take my chances with heavy rains and the attendant flooding and recharging of our water supply.

Driver 54 March 6, 2016 at 12:44 PM

@john Pope If you had left your original comment at drinking water, I wouldn’t have bothered to reply. You were the one that trivialized the situation by including play and gardening in the same sentence with drinking water.

lil orphan March 6, 2016 at 6:17 PM

@john Pope and @ Driver 54. My father drown in a flood and my mother thirst to death in the desert…so I find both of you to be offensive.