Push for Poll Workers Ramps Up in Contra Costa County

February 6, 2016 19:00 pm · 6 comments

elections

There’s a need for civic-minded citizens in Contra Costa County to help the elections division in June and November.

No prior experience is necessary and training is provided.

Poll workers receive a stipend for their service, which includes attending mandatory training and being present from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. on Election Day.

In an effort to make it as easy as possible for Contra Costans to volunteer, the Elections Division now allows applicants to email eo@vote.cccounty.us if they are interested.

There are two chances for Contra Costa residents to work in 2016, which will be an historic year, as a new President and U.S. Senator are elected.

Participants are awarded special election pin denoting their service.

Fritzhugh Ludlow February 6, 2016 at 8:25 PM

This is a wonderful program to give Us old people somewhere to go and sit for 8 to 12 hours, and be paid for it… Nearly everyone votes by mail now days, and the rest of the people do not vote at all.

Morons, all of them are morons! February 6, 2016 at 9:35 PM

Yes you to have the opportunity to throw an election!

Wear Floral Patterns February 6, 2016 at 10:03 PM

Being paid to volunteer?

mombearto4 February 6, 2016 at 10:05 PM

For the ballots they get in the mail, they also recruit people to come in (usually the Saturday before the election) to open and count absentee ballots in the Elections warehouse, and they provide a stipend that amounts to about $15/hour, if I recall correctly, plus they provide food (nothing way fancy, but certainly adequate). I’ve done it once or twice when I used to work at the Clerk-Recorder office, and I would do it again if I get invited.

D February 6, 2016 at 10:29 PM

I have done this many years. I take the day off work from my regular job.
People do come in and vote. It is one day and your help makes a lot of difference

PHRes February 7, 2016 at 12:13 AM

You have to be a registered voter to participate.