Super Bowl City Opens, Embarcadero BART Station Entrance to Close

January 31, 2016 21:44 pm · 25 comments

sb2

sb1

sb3

sb4

Super Bowl City is now open at Market and the Embarcadero in San Francisco.

If you ride BART, the Spear Street entrance to the Embarcadero BART and San Francisco Municipal Railway station in San Francisco’s Financial District is set to close for most of the week.

Along with street closures happening in the area near Justin Herman Plaza, the station entrance at Spear and Market streets will be closed for most of the day between today and Feb. 7, according to Muni officials.

The entrance will close because it’s within Super Bowl City’s security zone.

However, it will open during the morning commute hours Monday through Friday, between about 6:45 a.m. and 9:45 a.m., Muni officials said.

photo credit: Craig Cannon – for use only on Claycord.com

mike January 31, 2016 at 9:54 PM

What about for the Metallica concert on Saturday? ! How do we bart there!?

john Pope January 31, 2016 at 10:35 PM

Man, I really hate the NFL and the fools in SF for subjecting its people to this BS! I especially feel for the vendors who sold their crafts at the Embarcadero daily – they’ve been booted and will lose several weeks worth of income. Ruck the fich!

GuardianOfTheGalaxy January 31, 2016 at 11:07 PM

Lol any place that has spec ops deployed like that is obviously a war zone.

Driver 54 February 1, 2016 at 5:02 AM

@mike Get off at the Montgomery station, and walk down Second St. It’s a direct route, just not as nice a walk as the Embarcadero.

Fred February 1, 2016 at 5:57 AM

I use to work at PGE there and isn’t the Super Bowl actually in Santa Clara?

X Concord February 1, 2016 at 6:39 AM

Unfortunately the heavy security is needed to protect the average public…… both from radical Muslims ( you know, as obama calls them the religion of peace ) and all the Bay Area gangs & punks. Shame that American Society of sucks so bad

Marie February 1, 2016 at 6:57 AM

Am I the only one that finds it a little odd that the ‘Super Bowl City’ is in a totally different part of the bay area from where the actual game will be played? How lame is this?

Mr B February 1, 2016 at 7:52 AM

I could really care less about football….

Santa Clara 49ers February 1, 2016 at 8:25 AM

Why is SF doing anything for the Santa Clara 49ers?

Wrong city you fools

Cellophane February 1, 2016 at 8:37 AM

Wow, I thought my comment was going to be negative.

You guys got me beat, hands down.

TinFoiler February 1, 2016 at 8:42 AM

Looks like everyone is lining up for their cavity search.
All over a staged FAKE “game”, LOL.
Look up: ‘The Fix Is In’ and figure it out!

grah February 1, 2016 at 8:45 AM

Sucks to be San Jose business owners who thought they’d get something from this.

Momo February 1, 2016 at 8:46 AM

Levi stadium is the home of the San Fransisco 49rs… therfore San Fransisco gets to participate in the festivities…

TIFOKCIS February 1, 2016 at 8:50 AM

Good freak’n grief people, really? Spend your measly income to support San Franchitwhole, the NFL and a bunch of ridiculously overpaid thugs to jock off their little ball.

These out of state gangs (I mean teams) are not even flying your gang (I mean team) colors.

Have fun making the rich more money to market the NFL’s brand of stupidity and be a part making Super Bowl 51 more lucrative for the elitist pukes.

Silva February 1, 2016 at 8:59 AM

How else are they going to get the tourists to part with their cash?

The Mamba February 1, 2016 at 9:45 AM

Can’t wait for this budget Super Bowl to be over with. Get it out, move on and please don’t let anything happen.

Barbosa February 1, 2016 at 9:52 AM

Gee Claycordians, hate much?

Had a great time in SF Saturday night. Fantastic fireworks show, enjoyed some Chris Isaak tunes, great meal at North Beach, some shopping. Bart train into the city was packed so a lot of claycordians were doing the same.

Yeah, SF and Superbowl city ain’t Todos, or ParknShop, but then what is?

GuardianOfTheGalaxy February 1, 2016 at 9:55 AM

@6 – Those “security” don’t have orders to protect the average public. They are trained killers who have orders to engage the enemy. Ever hear of “collateral damage”? That’s what you risk when you get within arms reach of that scenario. You think people are upset over current police brutality and corruption headlines? These guys will make that look like the good ole days if they are “called upon” to perform their duty.

FlyingSpaghettiMonster February 1, 2016 at 11:13 AM

I’ll be walking through there during lunch today. I am anticipating equal shares of over the top corporate advertising, cheesyness, and police state. Or is it cheesiness?

Dell February 1, 2016 at 11:55 AM

Anything to make a buck and mess up the commute and ask for serious trouble!
The City already sucks enough without a bunch of idiots running around in Football attire.

Mika February 1, 2016 at 12:33 PM

Superbowl city was no big deal. I went Saturday night. Maybe if a local team was playing, but I found it hard to get excited about it. Unless you wanted to buy a T-shirt maybe? Meh.

FlyingSpaghettiMonster February 1, 2016 at 1:33 PM

I walked through it and my forecast was basically correct. There were more food trailers than I expected and one or two loud events going at a time like chearleaders or third rate singers. Don’t think I could have kept the kids entertained there more than an hour, and that includes the lunch.

Silva February 1, 2016 at 5:18 PM

#23, That’s the point. Get the cash and move ’em on through! 😉

Silva February 1, 2016 at 5:20 PM

The fireworks must have been amazing.

Kirkwood February 2, 2016 at 11:42 AM