Freeze, Frost Warning Issued for Bay Area

November 28, 2015 22:11 pm · 6 comments

People and animals outside late tonight and Sunday morning in Bay Area inland valleys and mountain areas may suffer as temperatures could drop as low as 26 degrees, National Weather Service officials said.

A freeze warning will go into effect at 11 p.m. tonight for inland valleys and mountains of the Bay Area and end at 9 a.m. Sunday, according to NWS officials.

A freeze warning means below-freezing temperatures are likely or imminent, NWS officials said.

Temperatures in the inland valleys and mountains are forecast to be from 26 to 32 degrees, NWS officials said.

The cold can damage plants unless precautions are taken and kill crops and other vegetation, NWS officials said.

Coastal areas, San Francisco and areas around San Francisco Bay may get frost between 11 p.m. tonight and 9 a.m. Sunday, NWS officials said.

Frost may kill outdoor plants if the plants are left uncovered, NWS officials said.

rude November 28, 2015 at 10:43 PM

Now is a good time to keep blankets, new socks, jackets, tents and other things that can help somebody escape the elements. When you see somebody in need of warmth, you could show a little human kindness…

funny man November 29, 2015 at 12:08 AM

Aww, these a feral litter of black and white kittens I see down the street on my way home everyday, I hope the still have there mom to keep them warm

GRX November 29, 2015 at 9:22 AM

This article was posted at 10 PM.

It would have been more helpful if it were posted earlier on Saturday…….. like when there was still daylight out.

So much for timeliness and accuracy regarding the “climate change”.

TIFOKCIS November 29, 2015 at 10:14 AM

#1

You’re going to keep blankets, new socks, jackets and tents and I am supposed a show a little human kindness how?

Telling other people to enable under the guise of human kindness feels good huh.

Better yet speak at shelters, detox, jails and share your all knowing experience. I always push the “I’ve been sitting in your seat” and “you have choices, start making better ones”. 95% would rather chase their drug of choice until the pain becomes to much.

Clayton Squirrel November 29, 2015 at 10:42 AM

You can call Community Concern for Cats and they can help trap the kittens for adoption and spay the mother cat.

I didn’t think much of the frost and freeze warnings because my lime tree is too dang big to cover and I figure the other citrus trees need to just deal with it but I was surprised that the outside water for the chickens was frozen as well as their hose. Time to wrap stuff in insulation (that the chickens won’t peck apart).

Dixie November 29, 2015 at 2:10 PM

What happened to global warming?