VIDEO: Tables Turned! Man Takes Package off Porch, Victim Takes Purse Out of Car

September 26, 2015 15:21 pm · 136 comments

video_still

A man who took a package from the front porch of a home near Denkinger Rd. in Concord learned the hard way what happens when the victim fights back.

Here’s what the victim had to say about the incident.

This happened at 4:12pm on Friday Sep.25. These people have no fear, three cars in the driveway and the female in the passenger seat even made eye contact with our grown daughter through the window.

They drove by several times and were not following a delivery truck, but just looking for packages or what every else they could steal.

My Daughter said someone is running up to the house, I ran out and realized he was stealing something and chased him to the car. I reached in to the window and tried to stop them, he didn’t care that I had her arm and when he started to drive off, I saw her purse and grabbed it with hopes there was ID and turned it in to the police.

If you see this white car or recognize him contact the Concord police and reference report #15-15900.

View the video below, and smile.

Victim wins.

RELATED STORY? TWINS? Smile! You Just Got Caught Taking a Package That Doesn’t Belong to You!

101 Birdman September 27, 2015 at 6:33 PM

I no this person, he does do meth even though he is heavy. Also thats a family members car! He is the one who did it a few years ago!

102 Pamela September 27, 2015 at 7:38 PM

We received a call from the police department, this guy is in custody.

103 Anonymous September 27, 2015 at 7:38 PM

Several folks have asked about cameras. We have a RECONYX lic plate camera. Works night with IR flash. It’s pricey but takes way cool pix. Got the 110 volt adapter.

One thing: make sure no leaves are blowing in front of the camera or it keeps going off until the card is full.

I think this is what Lafayette PD has mounted around the city.

104 @ lizzie September 27, 2015 at 8:21 PM

lizzie,

re: your Overstock package being shipped UPS and delivered by USPS(post office).

UPS has a service called SurePost. How it works is that for a lower shipping rate UPS will pick up the package from the shipper, process it through their network and then tender it to the local post office to make the final delivery. That’s how come your package was left at the mailbox by the postman(woman).

FedEx has the exact same service; theirs is called SmartPost.

The post office is delivering more and more packages these days. Their TV Commercials are exclusively targeting their parcel delivery and pick up services. They tend to leave the smaller packages at mailboxes ,or only make one attempt on signature delivery packages and then leaving a note to pick it up at the post office.

Their is another regional carrier that delivers a lot of Amazon packages. They are called OnTrac and they drive small unmarked white cargo vans. They usually do not knock or ring the bell when delivering and tend to leave the packages standing up in front of the door in full view from the street.

About 30 years ago UPS delivered nearly 80% of residential packages. Nowadays it’s about 25%. There are many more companies delivering packages now that online ordering has changed shopping habits.

105 Bird lady September 27, 2015 at 8:30 PM

You are quick! Now ask for office FIgo to go pay a visit. He’ll take care of the matter for good. and get a video .

106 Bird lady September 27, 2015 at 8:31 PM

I worked with a woman that was heavy and she did meth. and a 2nd woman i believe was doing meth was a bit overweight.

107 Bird lady September 27, 2015 at 8:33 PM

wait. i hear a song comin on…
.You’re gonna get what’s coming
You’ve been asking for it two days running
You’re gonna get what’s coming
You’re gonna get what’s coming to you

108 Bird lady September 27, 2015 at 8:35 PM

and another…
‘I’m a looooser. And I’m not what I appear to be’

any other ones come to mind?

109 tita September 27, 2015 at 9:02 PM

Sorry for the sister that has this looser for a brother. Yes, he was kind to you because he was probably stealing from you also when he visited. I’m sure he was a loving baby as all babies generally are but unfortunately he turned into someone who causes harm to others just to get a little money to buy a belt that he needs as his pants won’t stay up….Maybe a little REAL jail time will knock him back into the world of “working” for what you have….and he will NEED a tight belt in most jail situations…..

110 How about a box filled with..... September 27, 2015 at 9:35 PM

a Homicidal Dwarf….

111 Nokeem September 27, 2015 at 9:57 PM

Nice suggestion and thank you. We have plenty of treble hooks. Do I have to put a warning label on my package, that’s about to be stolen, and warn the dumb-ass scumbag who is going to try and steal it? I have to put warning signs all around my house FOR THE Criminals who might break into my house and hurt themselves *sniffle* actually have to WARN the CRIMINAL so he or she or both won’t get hurt while they steal all my belongings. No, it’s not for firefighters or police, so you who protect them and probably represent them in a lawsuit, but don’t live anywhere near them, cuz they are dangerous, well, you can just sit down. I live in Concord and you have to protect yourselves and your neighbors because there is no one else. Concord’s Mayor and City Council are silent – but they aren’t silent in the CNWS contract huh? *cash register sound – the real sound of silence•

112 RC September 27, 2015 at 10:24 PM

108 thank you for the delivery system explanation, as I have been trying to figure who delivers what, eventhough I may expect that if I read or someone tells me that “XYZ” is the delivery company, I would expect that company to actually make the delivery. Regardless, of who pays who to actually deliver a package, ANY delivery company, including the U.S. Postal Service needs to make an honest attempt to ring a doorbell or knock on the front door.

I can’t tell you how many times last Christmas, I would get tracking messages, stating that a package would be delivered on a particular day, by “end of day.” Though I was home most days and most of each day, when I as out, it was very nerve wracking trying to figure out when “Santa” was coming, so I could get my goods that I had paid for, before some thief could get there first.

Unfortunately, none of the companies seem to have firm policies in place, of when or,when they don’t have to ring the doorbell etc. Fed Ex delivered a package supposedly, one very rainy day last December. I was in the house all day and all of a sudden a text came through that an expected packaged had been delivered within the hour. If given a chance, I always put in delivery instructions on my tracking requests. It didn’t matter, no one ever reads those things anyway. I called Fed Ex and they did an investigation (what a joke). Two days later, my spouse noticed a cardboard box peeking from the corner of our side garage door, from our kitchen window. It was pouring rain outside and I went out to check it out.Sure enough, It was the box that Fed Ex said they delivered, but why they went behind my side gate and left it in the backyard, I will never know. Okay, so it wasn’t in plain sight, just in the pouring rain!! Fed Ex kept sending me emails, that they were still looking for it, but of course, they never did, because the idiot driver didn’t log the location where he left it! I wasn’t about to tell them what THEY did! The vendor I bought from called me and I did tell them, as it wasn’t there doing.
I had one other delivery where a portion of the order was delivered and the box had been opened. I believe UPS rang the bell, but were long gone, by the time I opened the door. I put in a claim with them and finally got the rest of my order two or the weeks later. UPS claimed the driver had left it at a neighbors house, but I know that was a big lie, as I know my neighbors would not keep, what’s not theirs or at least what would have a neighbor’s name and address. So, these delivery companies are the ones who need to step up there delivery practices. Okay, charge more for a handwritten signature or if they have to leave a door tag and come back, but they need to give the customers some choices!
It’s a good idea to buy at least one camera. They are inexpensive or easy to hook up and view from your mobile device. This guy had at least two cameras and was able to help catch this dirtbag, in addition to grabbing the handbag! Cameras don’t guarantee anything, but they’ll help catch these thieves.

One recommendation, put a note in your mailbox asking your postman to ring the bell, when a larger package is being delivered. I did and they were happy to do it. Postal clerks are becoming extinct, so I would think many would be happy to go the extra mile to do a great job and get public support. Our postman is great and we know when he’s on vacation, because our mail may not come until 7 p.m.

Way to go neighbor on Denkinger!

113 Duchess of Martinez September 27, 2015 at 11:49 PM

Wow……now USPS? Last year there were private folks driving their own cars and delivering, I liked that better.

Seems everyone is more educated on what’s really going on with deliveries, more so than the USPS. Don’t think they all know about the vagueness of some delivery dates.
Was also suggested by out of touch clerks to leave a note out one time to not leave on doorstep if not there. So basically you are almost leaving a note saying you are not home. Don’t recommend

114 The Mamba September 28, 2015 at 8:01 AM

Waste of air looks like Shrek

115 Calendar Girl September 28, 2015 at 8:41 AM

If you read this, I just want to say I am so happy you got your package back AND grabbed her purse! He was such a pig and a coward to boot, dropping the package like he did. Sorry these scummy people are in your neighborhood.

116 Hogermite September 28, 2015 at 10:27 AM

Per Vinelink (Google “CA Vine”) that will give you the status of anyone incarcerated in California, 30-year old Daniel David Price was just released from the Shasta Sheriff’s office on his “Own Recognizance” on 09/24. Did not take him too long to get back to re-offending, did it? Hmpff.

117 thx4youropinion September 28, 2015 at 11:00 AM

@Calendar Girl #119 — They travel through EVERY neighborhood … My area can be kind of confusing for an apprentice.

118 Fed up September 28, 2015 at 11:44 AM

Damn not him again. I seen on the news this morning they have him in custody.
I knew this guy way back and this is a sad case of what drugs can do to a good person. He was a stand up hard working guy that was raised by a good family. He never got in trouble and always worked hard. He literally changed overnight when he started using dope. I don’t even recognize him anymore.

I hope they lock him up longer this time. I wish he would get some time, get sober and change but it’s not going to happen. He’s been doing dope for almost 20 years or so. He is not going to change. He is a tweaker for life and it’s really f ed up what he’s doing to people. I hope karma kicks his ass.

119 WC resident September 28, 2015 at 3:27 PM

Was the homeowner arrested and charged with strong-arm robbery of the purse?

I’m unable to find a news report that Daniel Price or Dan Price has been arrested. @Hogermite, the Daniel David Price you found seems too young and looks different. That guy is age 30 and has a thinner face. See http://shastamugshots.com/mug/daniel-david-price-2

FedEx drivers are independent contractors. They get paid based on getting 100% of their load delivered by the end of the day. There’s a strong motivation to not spend time doing things like ringing doorbells.

UPS and USPS drivers generally do ring as they won’t get penalized for not meeting their quota. USPS also looks at the cost of the last mile and will deliver packages to a local post office and pay the USPS to do the last mile if it’s cheaper for UPS.

120 Lana September 28, 2015 at 5:21 PM

Did they ever figure out who the passenger was? It doesn’t look like it was a girl from one of the video’s – looks more like a guy with a girls purse.

121 Anon September 28, 2015 at 8:25 PM

We lived by him. He is a meth head. No compassion given. He lives at home with his mama. That was his moma”s car. He lives on Crystal Avenue. Too bad meth has ever entered into the human race.

122 The texan September 28, 2015 at 9:52 PM

Anon, your 100 % right, i know his mom and step dad got divorced afew years ago and he came to my house selling his step dads stuff! He should have no mercy , as he brought our neighborhood down!

123 Archangel September 28, 2015 at 10:03 PM
124 Dogbert September 29, 2015 at 8:21 AM

This sort of thing tends to run in families.

Someone better watch the sister.

125 Michael Jackson September 29, 2015 at 10:58 AM

would it be illegal to kill him in fear of safety?

126 Diana September 29, 2015 at 3:06 PM

This is the same guy that stole a package out of our mailbox a few weeks back. Then he was driving a late model Jeep.

127 jeff September 29, 2015 at 11:52 PM

Anon, if you know this guy, please pass his name and address along to CPD and ask if they’ll follow up insofar as they are investigating the Denkinger Rd. theft. Together, we can get people like him off the street.

128 Antonio September 30, 2015 at 11:48 AM

Just a random thing , I was just randomly browsing through world star hip hop , & so this exact video is on it ! With just a different angle ! Lol with over 480,500+ views !!!!

129 trent September 30, 2015 at 1:04 PM

Bird Lover, looks Norwegian to me

ConcordMike, prop 47 does not add to the problem if there are no resources to prosecute the same crimes. If there are no prosecution resources, it doesn’t matter how the crimes are classified. The solution is to prosecute low-level crimes, not to reclassify low-level crimes as felonies.

130 Family Guy September 30, 2015 at 1:33 PM

Claycord is now world famous.
This story has appeared on Daily Mail

too bad this stuff is what Concord gets on the news for.

stay classy Concord.

131 Nuts September 30, 2015 at 6:21 PM

That thief must have hawk vision. The package was smaller than a lunch box, and he dropped it while running away.

132 Nuts September 30, 2015 at 6:28 PM

What I don’t understand is, this guy is already home with his family. And he has like 4 cameras pointing at his front door.

Are you too lazy to check your door for packages? Does someone have to steal something to get your attention?

133 The texan September 30, 2015 at 7:43 PM

This guy is home already?

134 Linda September 30, 2015 at 8:49 PM

I know you don’t want to broadcast the address, but can you tell me the general area? I hope its not where I live.

135 Green Team Landscaping October 1, 2015 at 4:39 PM

HAHAHA! WTG, Ken. This is great.

136 mary October 2, 2015 at 11:07 AM

OMG THAT WAS awesome!!!!!
hahaha