Police Investigate Attempted Armed Robbery in Pleasant Hill

July 30, 2015 10:00 am · 31 comments

phpd

Pleasant Hill Police are investigating an attempted armed robbery on Cleaveland Rd. at Trelany Rd.

The crime occurred just after 10pm on Wednesday.

Police say the investigation revealed two male suspects ran up from behind a female who was walking on the sidewalk. One of the males grabbed the female’s purse and attempted to pull it off of her shoulder. A struggle for the purse ensued and the female was knocked to the ground. Both suspects fled the area on foot without the purse.

The suspects were not located.

The suspects are described as:

Suspect #1 – Black male adult, around 18-20 years old, long dark hair, last seen wearing a white vest and a baseball hat.

Suspect #2 – Black male adult, around 18-20 years old, last seen wearing a blue shirt and jeans.

Any witnesses to the incident or anyone with information is asked to contact the Pleasant Hill Police Department Investigations Division at 925-288-4630.

1 Mika July 30, 2015 at 10:14 AM

No profiling now. . .

2 Concordres July 30, 2015 at 10:15 AM

Glad she didn’t loose her life. Terrible they did not get caught.

3 K-1P.H. July 30, 2015 at 10:48 AM

I moved away from the Monument corridor to get away from this! This is to close to home for me. Please, keep your head up and on the swivel. Quit staring at your phone and pay attention! Pepper spray in your hand, not buried in your purse or pocket.
Unfortunately, these guys will probably get away their crime.

4 Mr. Jinks July 30, 2015 at 10:53 AM

No mention of a weapon, was it armed robbery or strong armed robbery?

5 J. July 30, 2015 at 11:03 AM

@Mr. Jinks
This time the headline states that it was an Armed Robbery.

6 GRX July 30, 2015 at 11:34 AM

Say it ain’t so… Someone call Libby and tell her to pick up her upstanding residents.

7 Noj July 30, 2015 at 11:43 AM

Time to reinstate “stop and frisk.”

8 Rollo Tomasi July 30, 2015 at 12:00 PM

Mr. Jinks:

If you read the entire article, it says one suspect had a baseball bat.
Cue the debate on whether a baseball bat is a weapon.

9 Concord Guy July 30, 2015 at 12:01 PM

I guess that Pleasant Hill isn’t so pleasant after all…

10 Kenji July 30, 2015 at 12:15 PM

I guess #7 and #8 mean to remind us that unlike white criminals, these two should be used as a basis of judgment about everyone who shares their racial identity.

11 Ron Burgundy July 30, 2015 at 12:18 PM

@9 Rollo Tomasi – you are incorrect dude… it says baseball hat – L2Read

12 anonanonagain July 30, 2015 at 12:34 PM

Young males starting early on ruining the rest of their lives. Pathetic. I am sure that the woman is pretty shaken up.

13 Rollo Tomasi July 30, 2015 at 12:42 PM

Whoops. Reading without glasses is hazardous. I was this close to asking The Mayor how one would wear a baseball bat.

14 M.O.A. July 30, 2015 at 12:48 PM

It’s only gonna get worse. The frequency of this crap is rising. This female got lucky it was’nt a lot uglier in many ways.

15 Sweet WWT July 30, 2015 at 12:55 PM

Rollo it said baseball hat

16 Elwood July 30, 2015 at 1:37 PM

@ Rollo Tomasi #9

Baseball HAT, Rollo. HAT

17 just sayin July 30, 2015 at 1:46 PM

Notice no description of female victim; as in race. But the race of the robbers is mentioned? Hmm,

18 Nutcreek Frontier July 30, 2015 at 2:16 PM

Prayers for this woman who must be terribly shaken up. What ultimate losers, lawless scumbags, and two of them outfought by a defenseless woman. Good for her, glad these two got nothing.

19 19 July 30, 2015 at 2:53 PM

That’s because they know who the victim is. We don’t need to keep an eye out for her.

Don’t tell me you were implying racism here.

20 Sick Of It July 30, 2015 at 3:10 PM

#11

Jesse Jackson agrees.

There is nothing more painful to me at this stage in my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start thinking about robbery. Then look around and see somebody white and feel relieved…. After all we have been through. Just to think we can’t walk down our own streets, how humiliating.

Now take your nap.

21 Kenji July 30, 2015 at 3:12 PM

#21, be an honest person and admit what you were implying.

22 @just sayin July 30, 2015 at 3:15 PM

Are you retarded? Why would the victims race be mentioned?

23 thx4youropinion July 30, 2015 at 4:28 PM

@#19 — Should anyone be on the lookout for the victim? “Hmm” — most intelligent part of your comment.

I think you need to spend more time with the other albinos hiding behind their computer screens.

24 Sick Of It July 30, 2015 at 4:36 PM

@Kenji,

Is Elwood a problem or the problem or the topic here? Do explain how Elwood is wanted for attempted robbery or influenced your pets to rob that woman.

On another note: while we’re simply stating facts…….out in public you’d profile me just as fast as I’d profile you. You’re as racist as anyone here (if not more) and you’re defensive comments prove it time and time again.

I deny NOTHING! I call it as I see it.

25 Loco July 30, 2015 at 6:51 PM

Impressive on the descriptions….

26 Ozzy Rob white Ford Ranger July 30, 2015 at 8:52 PM

#1 there’s no need to profile anything, you can take a guess and you’re likely to guess the correct profile

27 Glock 9 July 30, 2015 at 10:46 PM

If this was my wife she would taken them both down! Bang Bang, your little scumbag asses are dead!

28 Kenji July 31, 2015 at 9:06 AM

#26, the topic is not a problem. These two people committed a crime and deserve a lawful punishment for it. The problem is that many commenters here react to every crime committed by a black or Latino person by making broad judgments about black or Latino people in general, while treating crimes committed by white people as purely about the individual responsible.

29 Kenji July 31, 2015 at 9:33 AM

By the way, I’m not offended by your accusation that I’m a racist. It’s true, we all have some racist attitudes (possibly unconscious ones), and I’m no exception. It takes honest self-examination to detect and gradually correct those attitudes. I’m still working on that myself. But when glaring examples come up such as the racially selective reactions to crime that are common on Claycord, I consider it a responsibility for any honest person to point this out. I would be sorry for anyone to see Claycord threads and get the impression that such racism is openly accepted and uncontested in Central Contra Costa.

30 mama July 31, 2015 at 1:07 PM

So wait, there was 2 guys and they DIDNT get the purse.
Thats good news! Thanks for reporting, I wont be carrying my purse from now on!

31 Doxie July 31, 2015 at 11:20 PM

F’n dindoos! 2 of them attacking a female! Real tough guys!