Man Stabbed During Fight on Willow Pass Rd. in Concord

February 26, 2015 9:00 am · 15 comments

An 18-year-old male was stabbed during an altercation with an unknown number of individuals on Willow Pass Rd. near Sixth St. just after 1:30pm on Wednesday, according to Concord Police.

After he was stabbed, he went home, then was driven to the hospital by a family member.

The man was stabbed in the upper body, and his injuries are not life-threatening.

Concord Police did not release a description of the suspect(s).

1 Yikes February 26, 2015 at 10:21 AM

Hope he is okay. Damn dirt bags cant fight so they stab. RiP Nacho

2 Zardoz February 26, 2015 at 10:27 AM

Why can’t people get along, not just here but worldwide. We are in sad and scary times. Stay close to your family and love your fellow humans, life seems to be so disposable these days. Peace.

3 it's amazing February 26, 2015 at 10:41 AM

how that area has gone down in the past few years. that used to be a decent area.

4 jtkatec February 26, 2015 at 12:35 PM

1:30 pm…….. middle of the day …… !?

5 Mary February 26, 2015 at 12:58 PM

I hope he doesn’t refuse to to tell police who did it.
I hate it when they clam up and don’t cooperate with the police.
If he doesn’t then he deserved it.

6 culo February 26, 2015 at 1:19 PM

See if that kid had a concealed weapon permit that guy with a knife would have ran off or would have been taken care of , but to many people are gonna say reallyyyyyyyyyy! You shouldnt have the right to defend yourself let the bashing begin, i know where u stand

7 Joe February 26, 2015 at 3:08 PM

Mary,

You are an idiot.

Deserved it? F you douchebag

8 Old Otis February 26, 2015 at 5:17 PM

#5 Mary…..You are RIGHT! Joe #7 must be a liberal brain donor!
Does he talk to his mother / wife like that? What a cheeseball!
When somebody gets shot, they blame the gun. Why don’t they blame the knife when somebody gets stabbed? How about blaming the person?
Soon all we will be able to have is a rubber “spork”.

9 Old Otis February 26, 2015 at 5:21 PM

Smart! Whenever I get stabbed, I go home !?!?!??? ;)
Really! Why, so his mommy can put a “Hello Kitty” bandaid on it?

10 Concernicus February 26, 2015 at 9:15 PM

@8:so you honestly believe that sandy hook wouldve happened if the guy had a knife? pretty sure you can outrun a blade much easier than you can outrun a bullet. doors stop knives much more effectively, too. and knives dont come in “stabs 20x per second” variety. you are an idiot of the highest degree if you think guns dont play a significant part in the amount of destruction that is caused by whatever lunatic uses it. there is no comparison.
additionally, knives have many non-violent uses. they carve wood. they cut meat from bone. they cut rope, vegetation, they can be used in a great many different ways than simply stabbing someone.
name as many non-violent uses for guns, and i’ll agree that knives and guns are comparable. pro tip: you cant, because GUNS ARE EXPLICITLY MADE TO KILL.

11 Cracky McGee February 26, 2015 at 9:25 PM

Mary is a troll … Don’t take the bait

12 Chad Bogues February 26, 2015 at 10:35 PM

This website gives vague descriptions of intense and horrific events. People than form strong judgements on these vague details that somehow reinforce their previously held beliefs and make them feel self-righteous in sounding off on whoever disagrees. I am a liberally minded white male who likes to fire guns and would defend himself in a fight to the death if it came to that. I greatly distrust cops, but would give a full report if I was shot or stabbed. I am in an interracial marriage, but I still get nervous when I am confronted by a person of color I do not know. The only certainty is overwhelming ambiguity.

13 g February 27, 2015 at 7:15 AM

Claycord has always had an interesting dynamic. Local breaking news about horrific events, which is usually credible, can be read here first. If there is ambiguity, it is because the police are withholding information, not the Mayor. The core readers are concerned about the decline of the quality of life in the area, in general, and possible threats to their own safety specifically. And Mary is right, today it is reported that the victim refuses to cooperate with police. He may not have deserved to be stabbed, but my previous experience tells me he was up to no good himself.

14 Abstracter February 27, 2015 at 9:57 AM

Wow so close the where I live. If I had to guess it probably happens in the parking lot of the Fast and Easy liquor store. There has been a seedy element hanging around that place for a while. There’s a reason why all my friends and myself call it Meth and easy. Just a few days ago there was a young kid probably about 18 trying to sell stolen goods and being very pushy about it. He kept getting closer and more agreesive until he saw me gesture to my hand which was over the knife in my pocket. I bet anything it was the same kid that got stabbed. He also seemed to know the guys working at the liquor store. I shop there a lot since it’s so close to home and most the guys that work there have prison tats, but they are all very nice and friendly. Although from time to time a couple of them seem to be on meth.

15 Upstanding Citizens February 27, 2015 at 10:14 AM

additionally, knives have many non-violent uses. they carve wood. they cut meat from bone. – Concernicus #10

Exactly. Cut meat from bones. Sounds like a took for killing, maiming, and torturing to me.

Ever heard of a chainsaw? Or bombs?

It’s not the tool, it’s the person holding it. “IT” being a pen, a bottle, a brick, a rock, a car, an explosive, a rope, a knife.

Don’t be so naive as to think that crazy people hellbent on your destruction won;t do everything within their power to accomplish their goals with whatever they have at hand – even if their hands are ALL they have.