Concord Man and His Father Arrested in Connection with Armed Robbery, Shooting at San Pablo Convenience Store

January 29, 2015 22:43 pm · 20 comments

San Pablo police have arrested three men who are suspected of participating in an armed robbery and shooting at a convenience store in San Pablo, police said.

On Jan. 21, at 11:44 p.m., San Pablo police responded to a report of an armed robbery at the Bonfare Market, located at 1321 23rd St., police said.

Officers arrived to find a store clerk suffering from gunshot wounds and a second store clerk uninjured, police said.

Police said officers used evidence obtained through the investigation on Tuesday to arrest one of the suspects, identified as Samson Eugene Tatum III, 21, of Concord.

On Thursday, officers were able to identify and arrest two other suspects, Mario Halterman, 27, and Samson Tatum Jr., 40, both of Oakland. Police are still investigating the incident.

Anyone with information regarding the armed robbery and shooting is encouraged to call the San Pablo police investigation division at (510) 215-3150 or the West Contra Costa Crime Stoppers tip line at (510) 799-8255.

Ancient Mariner January 29, 2015 at 11:12 PM

That’s too bad – I drive by the Bonfare Market routinely. I hope the injured recover OK.

Just Me January 30, 2015 at 1:28 AM

Well at least dad and son will have some quality time together. Very sorry for the victim, hope for a quick recovery. The clerk does not deserve the pain they are going through right now.

AnonReformed January 30, 2015 at 5:37 AM

Just goes to show, if you are so lazy as to name your child after yourself, you both are going to be criminals.

Apple Tree January 30, 2015 at 6:47 AM

The video they show on tv shows these brazen thugs shooting the clerk needlessly as they already had taken the cash from the register. All they had to do was leave with the money, but instead the thugs emptied their guns towards the clerk for no reason. They need to be put away for a LONG TIME!!!!!!

Like father, like son January 30, 2015 at 7:27 AM

A regular chip off the old block.

Cautiously Informed January 30, 2015 at 7:31 AM

‘From Oakland’. No way! That never happens!

Michelle January 30, 2015 at 8:01 AM

Hang them, then castrate them for this senseless and needless act.

THE ANIMAL January 30, 2015 at 8:07 AM

A Oaktown connection-HUH?, go figure.

SK January 30, 2015 at 8:15 AM

I agree with @Apple Tree. I too saw the video, and it was sickening. There was no reason to turn around and shoot after they had been given the money. Fortunately, I believe there is still room in the prisons for scum like this… at least I hope so.

Sick Of It January 30, 2015 at 8:31 AM

Samson is such a heroic name, sounds like a future son-in-law of a fine Claycord Liberal.

73 MONTE CARLO January 30, 2015 at 9:34 AM

Father and son committing armed robbery together. Lovely.

PH Dad January 30, 2015 at 11:38 AM

Lock, key, oh, what happened to the key. must have gotten thrown away.
Dad has an arrest history, career criminal who must be proud that his son followed in his footsteps.

PO'd January 30, 2015 at 12:47 PM

Kid lives with sec 8 mom in Concord? Maintains relationship with dad back in the hood. Nice work.

J. January 30, 2015 at 1:21 PM

” … hey, Dad, let’s go jack a store tonight … ”

” … OK, son … “

JW January 30, 2015 at 1:41 PM

What kind of a man teaches his son how to be a scumbag? I would be ashamed of myself if I was him. I am not a perfect dad, but I teach my sons how to work hard for things. Sorry, this guy makes me sick and embarrassed for him.

All in the family January 30, 2015 at 1:46 PM

The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.

Nose Picker January 30, 2015 at 6:33 PM

The family that robs together stays together.

PH Anon January 30, 2015 at 6:45 PM

that is seriously pathetic…POS family.

Pray for life in prison January 31, 2015 at 8:16 AM

Let me guess…..Father and son robbed the store cuz they didnt want to be fined.

CVHS 98' January 31, 2015 at 6:03 PM

The “Concord man” looks like an Oakland man to me!