Unidentified Flying Object Above Claycord this Morning – Did You See It?

September 12, 2014 9:49 am · 117 comments

fog

fog2

Did anybody see the object in the Claycord sky this morning around 6am?

One Claycordian, who was able to capture a couple of photos, says it was fast moving, and disappeared quickly….

This morning at 6am I saw this white light while facing West. Varying brightness and then fizzled out. Is it a missile? Is it a meteorite? Maybe somebody will now what it is (photo above).

Another says it looked like it was spraying something into the air….

This morning when I was leaving for work, before I got into my car I noticed that there was some type of object in the air with a type of floodlight on, and white fog/smoke was billowing out of it   – as if something was being sprayed into the air. I tried to take a photo with my iPhone but it didn’t come out. This was at 5:58am – I live in Kirkwood – and the object appeared to be just over the area of Clayton Valley Shopping Center at Clayton/Kirker Pass….. could this be fogging for mosquitoes? I was a bit concerned because the object was clearly spraying some substance into the air… with the floodlight on. Then the light went off, and I couldn’t see or hear the sounds from a plane or anything, it was very strange. Just wanted to run this by you to see if you know what that might have been or if anyone else has seen it?

Another person said the same thing….

I saw an object in the sky this morning and there was something coming out of it. I am used to seeing planes early in the morning with lights, but this was different. This had something coming out of it, it wasn’t just the light. I could see it spraying something. Have you had any other reports?

Any other reports? Only about 30. Many Claycordians are reporting the same thing, and many are talking about how it looked like it was spraying something.

Mosquito fogging in Contra Costa County isn’t done by air, it’s done with a truck, and there were no plans to fog for mosquitoes in Claycord last night or anytime this morning.

1 jtkatec September 12, 2014 at 9:53 AM

They’ve finally arrived….

2 JET September 12, 2014 at 9:54 AM

I’m SO glad that someone else saw this and took pictures that turned out…. as stated in my message to the mayor, my photo didn’t come out. It was spraying something over the area, I know I wasn’t seeing things….. very strange.

3 Sick Of It September 12, 2014 at 9:55 AM

Someone finally sent one of those ATT&T guys into orbit.

4 Sinclair September 12, 2014 at 9:56 AM

queue up the chemtrail tin-foilers!

5 babytruck September 12, 2014 at 9:56 AM

Contrails?

6 Maria September 12, 2014 at 10:02 AM

Hahahahaha, at&t guys in orbit,

7 anon September 12, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Maybe the solar flares?

8 Kevin Parker September 12, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Was walking in Mt D State Park this morning around 5:50am. Saw a bright line fly horizontally (about 500′ off ground), the white light then was surrounded by a plume of steam, banked a hard left turn towards the Clayton Quarry, turned bright blue, then poof – gone. No noise at all, pure silence.

I’m not a UFO believer, but needless to say, haven’t seen something like this before

9 Jon September 12, 2014 at 10:07 AM
10 gg September 12, 2014 at 10:07 AM

That really looks like a comet but I haven’t heard of any visible to the naked eye recently.

11 JET September 12, 2014 at 10:08 AM

This is now being reported on KRON4 news website….. apparently this was seen from Hayward, Antioch, Napa, Benicia, Concord, etc….. kind of concerning that nobody has an explanation for what this is?

12 J September 12, 2014 at 10:09 AM

hope its not terrorist spraying a deadly virus or chemical

13 anon September 12, 2014 at 10:10 AM

Looks like a meteorite. Reports coming in from other regions too

14 Chris K September 12, 2014 at 10:11 AM

I got lucky and photographed a very similar thing about two years ago in Martinez and later learned a meteorite had landed near by. I think in Pinole?

15 iRocSteady September 12, 2014 at 10:12 AM

I seen it this morning about 7:50am. I was driving on highway 4 west @ the Pacheco exit. I have personally never seen anything like it. So glad I wasn’t seeing things…. lol

16 Cristopher September 12, 2014 at 10:13 AM

Seen from Fontana CA also. I saw exactly the same thing as how people are describing it.

17 EF September 12, 2014 at 10:15 AM

It didn’t really look like spray but more like smoke as it fizzled and disappeared

18 Eaii September 12, 2014 at 10:15 AM
19 aj buttacavoli September 12, 2014 at 10:15 AM

Two friends and I were standing on a hill in Oakland thirty some years ago when suddenly a huge object with numerous bright lights silently descended upon us. Awestruck, we stood there motionless while the enormous craft hovered above when quickly we were taken up in a shaft of light and before we knew it we were in the craft seated at a large table and served croissants and coffee. Ironically, our hostess was Jackie O and she looked absolutely fab in a skintight silvery that showed every curve. Breathlessly she explained how she herself had been brought up into a craft and told that she would remain there until it was determined that she was ready to ascend to a higher plane which was referred to as the celestial. Needless to say we were dumbfounded by the experience but we were safely returned to the hill where we originally stood and not one of us recalled the event until many years later when during a séance the memory of it came back to us.

20 iRocSteady September 12, 2014 at 10:16 AM

5:50am not 7:50am

21 CLAYCORD.com September 12, 2014 at 10:23 AM
22 Alberto September 12, 2014 at 10:32 AM

I saw it to, at first was like a plane with yellow lights but really high and the looks closer and closer so fast and turn like a bright blue color leaving some blue kind of spray and then just disappeared. Thanks for sharing I guess I was just me.

23 The Closer September 12, 2014 at 10:33 AM

@#19

Were you probed?

24 Wayne September 12, 2014 at 10:34 AM

Its a rocket. I’ve seen this before.

25 Karino September 12, 2014 at 10:47 AM

This is most likely a solar flare effect (aurora). Since we are this far South, the effect is quite weaker than up North, resulting in visual UFO-like artifacts. The “spray” in this case would be the light dispersed around the central flare. Hoping for a warm night tonight, it may be worth to spend a few hours out in the yard or in a park, looking up. 🙂

26 nytemuvr September 12, 2014 at 10:50 AM

@aj buttacavoli #19
Don’t take the brown acid man, it’s a bummer….

27 LoonyMoon September 12, 2014 at 10:59 AM

It was the flare from my space ship people, sorry about that.

28 Kirkwood September 12, 2014 at 11:08 AM

The Mayor offers a plausible explanation. Over the decades I have seen several rockets launched from Vandenburg, usually just before dawn or just after sunset. I have seen a stage separation and lingering contrails – viewed in Concord.
Also, occasionally an aircraft flying into a Bay Area airport will have a very bright landing light visible, sometimes making a beam in the dirty air.
When descending the Sunol grade after dark you may see several landing lights stacked in a vertical line as aircraft descend into Oakland.

29 aj buttacavoli September 12, 2014 at 11:13 AM

23 and 26 – no we weren’t probed and the only thing we drank was coffee which was out of this world!

30 MikeT September 12, 2014 at 11:30 AM

It was a alien ship sent here to look for intelligent life, having found none, they have left

31 iluvfriedchicken September 12, 2014 at 11:32 AM

Looks like a rocket. I’ve seen another one a few weeks ago out near Mt. D.

32 linda September 12, 2014 at 11:34 AM

Chemtrails? Seriously? I swear, some people will believe anything. Quit being so paranoid!

33 @Kirkwood September 12, 2014 at 11:43 AM

It does look like the rockets I used to see launched out of Vandenburg when I lived in Santa Barbara.

34 nytemuvr September 12, 2014 at 11:47 AM

@aj buttacavoli #29
Peet’s Coffee “Mothership” store has been in Berkeley since the mid-60s…still don’t take the brown acid…Jamaican Blue Mountain beans are mind-bending BTW.

35 Ken September 12, 2014 at 11:48 AM

I was outside this am in Pleasant Hill and saw the object as well. Looked like a failed rocket, or launch vehicle seperation. The trail turned in a clockwise motion, and after the light went out, it “shot off” straight west.
This was not from a solar flare

36 Anon September 12, 2014 at 11:59 AM

Obama fired a rocket at ISIS

37 Professor September 12, 2014 at 12:08 PM

definitely contrails……

38 that one guy September 12, 2014 at 12:55 PM

The other day in Concord a group of us saw 3 silver objects hovering and then moving harmoniously towards the Naval Weapons complex. They were visible to us for a few minutes, then vanished. They were too distant to show up on the phones.

39 PC September 12, 2014 at 12:56 PM

I saw it at about 5:58 this morning from South Main Street in Walnut Creek. From my vantage point it looked as though it was moving very slowly. (maybe it was coming toward me?). I had enough time to take a picture and then I had time to video as well. Unfortunately I fat fingered the video and it did not turn out. It looked like a lot of smoke or something that looked like smoke was trailing it. It lasted for what I would estimate to be 20/30 seconds before it burned out, briefly flared again, and then burned out for good. It was not a solar flare. It seemed much more like a rocket burning up to me.

40 jim September 12, 2014 at 12:57 PM

I Think Its Comet Or Part Of The Solar Flare Nothing To Big But It Is intresting

41 jim September 12, 2014 at 1:01 PM

Or Maybe Rocket Someone Sent Off Maybe They Set It Off For The Memory off 9-11

42 jtkatec September 12, 2014 at 1:10 PM

Could it be one of the satellites which was disabled by the solar flare, and burned up in the atmosphere?

43 jose September 12, 2014 at 1:18 PM

Tambien lo mire en san diego

44 The Kabister September 12, 2014 at 1:41 PM

I’m curious, where your from, how much in tax do you pay per gallon in gas or whatever you use?

45 Anon September 12, 2014 at 1:43 PM

It was the International Space Station that went by at 5:49. You can get the app on your smart phone to alert you every time it makes a visible pass over our area.

46 Confused September 12, 2014 at 2:02 PM

I had a very clear view of this thing. It was weird and creepy.

Only way to describe it was it looked like a large bright spotlight shining through some heavy mist around it. The mist looked like it was being sprayed out in a large cone shape. Then it stopped and I saw faint redish glimmer banking right.

I watched it for awhile and thought it was a helicopter in some clouds even though it looked like it was spraying. The. Thought this is where UFO stories come from because it did look EXACTLY like what many of those generic UFO sightings say.

Once it disappeared I realized the sky was clear so I had now idea what it was and now regret not recording it.

I just assumed it was a missle test but article below indicates it was not.

KTVU Bay Area News: Bright light appears in sky over Contra Costa County http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/local/bright-light-appears-sky-over-contra-costa-county/nhLfc/

47 anonymous September 12, 2014 at 2:03 PM

In Hanford Ca around 715am Last week in August I saw the same exact thing

48 ratstalker September 12, 2014 at 2:30 PM

I’ve been subscribed for quite a long time to a launch schedule from Vandenberg. Nothing has been posted lately. The only launch yesterday on any of the lists was an Ariane 5 from French Guyana. However the payload was well into orbit (3:40pm/15:40 pst) prior to this event. Even the DoD/NRO events are publicized prior to launch, albeit at times with a 4 hour window. So….

49 Shasta Daisy September 12, 2014 at 2:41 PM

@Anon #45…The 5:49 am ISS sighting was yesterday.

Today is was at 5:02 am.

I see satellites several times a week and this description does not sound like anything I see. Darn, wish I would have seen it.

50 Shasta Daisy September 12, 2014 at 2:58 PM

For the early birds, you might enjoy this ISS sighting:

Sunday September 14 5:02 AM 2 min duration 66 degree max height

51 Connie September 12, 2014 at 3:04 PM

I live in Antioch and was up in the wee hours. At first I thought it was a plane but then it had all this fog behind it. Unlike a shooting star, this object was moving very slooooow. In the wake of the fog or smoke or whatever it was…was a beautiful aqua blue, almost opal like aura. Man it was beautiful. It was an awesome sight indeed.

52 jaime September 12, 2014 at 3:23 PM

I live in alhambra california and at 5:50 my wife and i were going for a walk and we saw that abject in the skies, what can that be? it looked like a fireball leaving behind smoke in like a cone shape…

53 Kathy September 12, 2014 at 3:50 PM

I saw it too this am while driving west bound on hwy 36 about 550am. I thought it was a plane. Now I’m wondering what it was????

54 tired of taxes September 12, 2014 at 5:17 PM

My bet is on a comet.
Didn’t you know the El Nino season for comets is starting?

Here are some recent sightings around the world:
Also check out the NASA All-Sky link to view NASA footage/coverage of the recent fireballs

Here’s some (alternative) news coverage of a possible recent impact in Nicaragua:

Better get to Safeway and stock up on aluminum foil…

55 barron September 12, 2014 at 5:38 PM

I like turtles

56 Aspirin September 12, 2014 at 5:51 PM

The pyramids were actually launching platforms for the rockets fired off by the Egyptians in 1400BC. There is no other rational explanation for the geometric shapes used. The angle of the pyramid side is perfect for launching the early Egyptian Deep Space rocket that is still travelling the Universe today. It , however, failed to send back data in 1205BC and it was believed to be lost. This most recent sighting has Egyptians the world over giddy with excitement and they are anxiously awaiting further reports.

57 Jimbo September 12, 2014 at 5:53 PM
58 Claytonian September 12, 2014 at 5:57 PM

I say it was an unspent fuel dump from a rocket. Probably the Ariane 5 rocket that was launched in French Guiana earlier in the day.

59 amigo September 12, 2014 at 6:04 PM

@The Kabister, #44 – And I wonder, how much of my taxes went into your education, so in the end you can proudly display your English grammar ignorance. Whatever the amount, sure looks like an almost total loss!

60 Jeff Fernandes September 12, 2014 at 6:25 PM

I was traveling south on the Bart tracks departing Concord station when I noticed what appeared to be normal lights from a plane. But this was moving very fast in the northern direction coming directly at me. I had a birds eye view as I operate the train, I happened to be stopped outside the station. The object actually stopped and hovered and I also saw it spraying something with what appeared to be a flood light on. Then the lights went off and what ever it was shot off towards the west, just disappeared!! Never saw a meteor or space junk hover before, definitely not a plane or helicopter. Freaking nuts thought I was crazy until I saw the evening news!

61 Abbie R. September 12, 2014 at 8:04 PM

Barak Obama is using PG&E Flying Saucers to Spy on You!

62 Dad shaking his head September 12, 2014 at 8:27 PM

My wife said she saw a strange light moving in the sky early Thursday morning. Maybe the ISS. She didn’t mention and mist or smoke coming from it though.

63 Coggins Square September 12, 2014 at 8:32 PM

It looks like Hale-Bobb back in 1997!!

64 they call me the Arch September 12, 2014 at 9:51 PM

saw this exactly as described while walking the dog this morning in Marin County. Cone shape smoke with a light shining through it, moving slowly and turning slightly clockwise until it disappeared completely.

Only trace was a beautiful iridescent blue hue where the smoke was….

65 Dr. Jellyfinger® September 12, 2014 at 11:18 PM

Hmmmmm…. the timeline coincides precisely with a minor welding accident we had here at Casa de Gelatina Dedos.

If anyone finds a gas cylinder that has fallen back to earth… maybe embedded in the ground, or through a car windshield, or a roof… or… uh… well it isn’t ours! We found ours… it was just over the fence in the neighbors pool….. yeah….No harm done. Yep, we cool!

66 c.t. September 12, 2014 at 11:56 PM

yup . It happens.

67 Jason T September 13, 2014 at 12:30 AM

I also saw this strange large bright white light with a swirl of a light blue/white mist. I was unable to snap a photo but stared at it for less than a minute or two. It quickly faded away, as if it was enveloped in the clouds. It was quiet out, just before 6:00am. I observed this peculiar light from Milpitas, CA.

68 Larry Lamb September 13, 2014 at 6:08 AM

Yes, I saw the object as well as I was walking my dog. Tired to capture the moment on my iphone, but it was over in less than thirty seconds. I thought is was an aircraft at first breaking through the fog with its landing lights on, but looking closer there was an unusual tail behind the object which appeared smokey. After the bright light diminish, a lingering of smoke pattern in the sky as the sun started to lighten the morning darkness.

69 Paul September 13, 2014 at 10:06 AM

I clearly saw it when I was heading to work. I had to stop and look because I could see a mist forming around the light. It was so weird.

70 scott September 13, 2014 at 12:53 PM

I was working in Chico Friday about 6:00am when I Saw bright light in the western sky with a cloud and a tail. Looked like a comet. Then it just fizzled out. Weirdest thing I’ve seen.

71 Steve September 13, 2014 at 5:34 PM

Amazing how everyone jumps in to say what it wasnt…a dreaded UFO. Impossible. We are the masters of the Universe and will be the ones being Unidentified on other galactic planets with intelligent life

72 Charles Austin Miller September 13, 2014 at 6:21 PM

Whether you “believe” in them or not, UFOs by definition very surely exist. About 95% of UFO sightings are explainable (although skeptics very seldom investigate sightings and they invariably provide no evidence to support their mundane, armchair explanations). However, the remaining 5% of UFO sightings go completely unexplained, even with abundant visual and radar evidence.

73 57nomad September 13, 2014 at 6:33 PM

It’s Soma. Go ask Huxley.

74 Cowellian September 13, 2014 at 6:58 PM

If it’s up in the sky, and you don’t know what it is, by definition, it’s an unidentified flying object.

75 j September 13, 2014 at 9:31 PM

That was a UFO, beamin’ back at ya. Me and Eric Heisman was down in Mexico two weeks ago – we seen forty of ’em flying in formation. They-they-they’ve got bases all over the world now, you know. They’ve been coming here ever since nineteen forty-six – when the scientists first started bouncin’ radar beams off of the moon. And they have been livin’ and workin’ among us in vast quantities ever since. The government knows all about ’em.

76 Klaxor54## September 13, 2014 at 10:13 PM

Attention, fellow Earth friends. As a human being much like yourself, I have determined the deploybot you have seen spreading Core-&444.ab767 to be very much a trick of swamp gas upon our retinas. It is nothing to see here. Let us all move along and quickly erase all memory codings. Meanwhile, let’s marvel at how much our Obama is a temporary leader. Or, shall we instead discuss how the field puppet in the vertical transportation device disciplined his surly mate? It is surely much more illuminating than the sterility poisons no one has propagated.

77 John September 13, 2014 at 11:38 PM

I seen this at 6 am in Sheridan Oregon.

78 John September 13, 2014 at 11:47 PM

It looked how everyone is.describing it. This object was seen over a large area. It could have been very large or.there was more than one.

79 Joe September 14, 2014 at 1:35 AM

It was Nancy Pelosi flying in. Her broom overheated.

80 cipher September 14, 2014 at 2:45 AM

I for one welcome our Alien Overlords…

81 Bilbo September 14, 2014 at 4:00 AM

Too bad aj buttacavoli wasn’t around to fly up for a closer look.

82 Klark Kent September 14, 2014 at 4:47 AM

Good Old Sunday Morning
September 14, 2014

News travels fast, eh?
Those pesky Flying Saucers been buzzing around since we started popping off the Nukes in 1945. They don’t like them Nuclear Bombs; and neither should you…

So, Turn and Face the Strange.

Klark Kent
Dayton, OHio

-Go Bucks!

83 Giovanni September 14, 2014 at 5:29 AM

this is so crazy! i live in west new york new jersey and i seen this same thing around 1030pm last night heading to my friends house to watch the mayweather fight. another friend i was walking with seen it as well! i couldnt stop thining about what it might be for a while last night and the fact that im reading about this now at work is bugging me out.

84 R Benson September 14, 2014 at 5:46 AM

There have been hundreds of sightings of this same thing around the country for years. It is being covered up like every other truth the media USED to tell us. We have the illusion of free press. You can read about the fireball reports at nuforc.org.

85 R Benson September 14, 2014 at 5:53 AM

I really hope that if these are, indeed, aliens, that they don’t read the comment section of this sight to determine the presence of intelligent life here. It may send them packing to another system.

86 brian September 14, 2014 at 7:37 AM

I saw the very same object only it did not streak across the sky. I was picking up a friend at six a.m in Chino California when the object appeared to move toward us from the west it was descending at a very slow rate of speed and the fog or steam could be seen falling down from the object. it turned slowly and was gone in an instant

87 Chuck September 14, 2014 at 9:08 AM

I live on the Washington coast, and I ride the bus to work every morning. When I boarded the bus at 6:15 am on Friday, the bus driver asked me if I saw the “comet” at around 6am. Unfortunately, I didn’t see it…but everyone else on the bus did.

88 Anonymous Amos September 14, 2014 at 9:11 AM

When I was a little boy I had a plastic rocket that was filled with water. It mounted on a hand powered air pump. After I pumped it up it shot into the air streaming a cloud of water behind it. When I got bigger I made potato guns out of PVC pipe. They were powered by hair spray ignited by a gas grill igniter. Now that I’m grown I know there are ways to fool people into thinking they see UFOs.

89 Dave September 14, 2014 at 9:17 AM

I saw the same thing in Tracy, white spot light with smoke coming out of it. It was toward the north west traveling west. The beam from the light was aimed south but it was traveling west.

90 nytemuvr September 14, 2014 at 9:50 AM

Klaatu Barata Nikto…..

91 Frank Martin September 14, 2014 at 10:48 AM

I saw it in Roseville Ca. According to KTVN, it was a US Navy Missile test of a Trident missile and that is pretty consistent with what I saw: http://www.ktvn.com/story/26522115/what-was-that-in-the-sky-over-northern-nevada-this-morning2

92 Vicki September 14, 2014 at 10:53 AM

Probably some cancer causing substance. Cancer is the number one cause of death in America and MORE profitable than most can possibly imagine. It ain’t rocket science. The average television news watcher is deluded that they are getting “COMPLETE” news coverage when they really are not.

93 Kirkwood September 14, 2014 at 12:21 PM

@ Aspirin – It’s been said that the pyramids were built by aliens…but then so was my driveway.

94 Bill September 14, 2014 at 12:41 PM

I’m in Palm Desert and what I saw early that morning were two twin lights approaching slowly and I thought at first it was maybe an airliner but it was shrouded in fog but the sky was clear. Also there was no sound. Then the light faded out and disappeared. I’m now surprised to see that I’m not the only one who saw this.

95 Tammy September 14, 2014 at 12:53 PM

We live in Coarsegold and saw it, it was so bright and moving slowly up with smoke/steam or something in it’s trail. I yelled at my husband to come look, he saw the tail end of it. No noise, there one minute, gone the next!!

96 WOW! September 14, 2014 at 4:09 PM

Claycord made it onto the DRUDGE REPORT! Sweet, Mayor! Wonder how many visits you’ll be getting to your website today??? National coverage! 😀

97 CLAYCORD.com September 14, 2014 at 4:12 PM

@Wow, Getting hits from ALL over the World today. Very cool.

98 WOW! September 14, 2014 at 6:18 PM

Mayor, the link on Drudge is still there but now this story has moved off the getting page of your website. Perhaps repost it at the top again?

99 Cowellian September 14, 2014 at 6:47 PM

Tridents,
When you care enough to send the very best!

100 G September 14, 2014 at 10:04 PM

Cue the crazies that DON’T believe in chemtrails! The government is admitting it’s doing geoengineering genius. Check out the latest IPCC report. Duh.
Nope, nothing to see here. Government never lies. America always good. “Others bad.” War is Peace. Ignorance is Strength!

101 Laura Zah September 14, 2014 at 11:43 PM

Just a missile. I’ve seen one before but it was a confirmed launch from Vandenburg AFB.

102 Suzanne September 14, 2014 at 11:49 PM

You are so right, Cowellian! 🙂 and of course you are to “G”.

103 Djk September 15, 2014 at 12:13 AM

I saw exactly what #46 and some others saw over Toronto Canada at 8:38 pm Thursday night. A Bright rounded orange light with coned shape at the front with a half surrounding halo/aura at the front. I took three Picts, one of which looks cylindrical.

104 badgenes September 15, 2014 at 12:39 AM

“G” has the right of it, the remainder are akin to Ostriches, or hey…Sheep! Got to get credit for this usage of the term “sheep”. Surely i am the first, yes?

105 Sharla September 15, 2014 at 1:12 AM

Cowellian, you should add that to your website. 🙂

106 John September 15, 2014 at 7:21 AM

Saw this at 6:00am on Friday from I-5 near Albany, Oregon, as I was driving. I was travelling south, and it was right in the upper center of my windshield, so I had a perfect view. I thought it was a plane or helicopter that was starting to descend, and I thought I was seeing its headlight through some sort of fog. I thought it was very close by, and I thought the cone of smoke was the result of its headlight cutting through the fog. Then I realized the sky was clear, and the cone just persisted and grew, so it was not the result of the “headlight”. Once I realized that it was a rocket, it made much more sense as i watched it. But then it burned out or something, and there was nothing more, just the cloud hanging there in the air.

107 BJ September 15, 2014 at 8:26 AM

Perhaps it’s a delivery system that just sprayed ebola over the populace. If people start dropping like flies from ebola in areas where this was spotted – then I think we’ll know the answer.

108 Michelle(original) September 15, 2014 at 8:58 AM

This was seen in Oregon and Nevada, no one has a clue what it was yet. The chabot sciences center is still trying to find out information about it. This has not been confirmed by any military or non-military organization yet.

congrats Mayor, claycord.com was mentioned in the article.

it could have been fallout from the satellite that exploded over the US.

109 Tony September 15, 2014 at 9:13 AM

I have a very good picture from this past Friday. Where can I post it?

110 Michelle(original) September 15, 2014 at 9:20 AM

Email the Mayor Tony.

111 Elouise September 15, 2014 at 9:28 AM

I enjoyed your articles Michelle and I saw claycord mentioned. I enjoyed the part where Vandenburg Air Force Base has confirmed they did NOT fire a missile over US territory.

112 fashion September 15, 2014 at 9:51 AM

Isn’t it considered an act of war if a missile was fired over the US; couldn’t the military be sanctioned for that?

113 Inquisitor quotes Claycord too September 15, 2014 at 10:26 AM
114 Paul S September 15, 2014 at 2:11 PM

Here in East San Jose I just finished pre-trip of my school bus. Looked up and thought I saw the moon peering through a cloud, it was that bright….but then saw moon 10oclock from this light! It was one sided like a flashlight, a coworker thought it was a helicopter. Then it went out and some kind of cloud remained like the end of a fireworks show. Do meteors leave clouds? Starting to lean toward rocket theory.

115 jeff September 15, 2014 at 6:56 PM

Concerning the strange light in the sky last Friday morning, I have an uneducated opinion on it. I was watching the International Space Station overhead at the same time the light appeared. Possibly a Solar Flare was happening at that time and caused some sort of reflection off of the solar panels on the ISS.

116 sjmgw September 16, 2014 at 9:14 PM

Around 12 noon today driving from town of Clayton on Clayton road I looked up and saw a white fighter jet and right in its path was a big round something. The fighter jet looked like it was fleeing from whatever this object was. I was just telling my husband about what I saw he said get on the internet and see if anyone else saw anything. Imagine my surprise when I see that people had seen something earlier. Now my question is besides this morning did anyone see anything this afternoon? Thanks

117 Diana September 18, 2014 at 10:23 AM

I saw the same light up here in northern California East of Redding Ca. It did look like white smoke or spraying then a puff of smoke like something blew up. It acted differently than a shooting star or metor. more like a rocket. I pulled over to see it because it was so different than any thing I had ever saw in the sky.