Unidentified Flying Object Above Claycord this Morning – Did You See It?

September 12, 2014 9:49 am · 117 comments

fog

fog2

Did anybody see the object in the Claycord sky this morning around 6am?

One Claycordian, who was able to capture a couple of photos, says it was fast moving, and disappeared quickly….

This morning at 6am I saw this white light while facing West. Varying brightness and then fizzled out. Is it a missile? Is it a meteorite? Maybe somebody will now what it is (photo above).

Another says it looked like it was spraying something into the air….

This morning when I was leaving for work, before I got into my car I noticed that there was some type of object in the air with a type of floodlight on, and white fog/smoke was billowing out of it   – as if something was being sprayed into the air. I tried to take a photo with my iPhone but it didn’t come out. This was at 5:58am – I live in Kirkwood – and the object appeared to be just over the area of Clayton Valley Shopping Center at Clayton/Kirker Pass….. could this be fogging for mosquitoes? I was a bit concerned because the object was clearly spraying some substance into the air… with the floodlight on. Then the light went off, and I couldn’t see or hear the sounds from a plane or anything, it was very strange. Just wanted to run this by you to see if you know what that might have been or if anyone else has seen it?

Another person said the same thing….

I saw an object in the sky this morning and there was something coming out of it. I am used to seeing planes early in the morning with lights, but this was different. This had something coming out of it, it wasn’t just the light. I could see it spraying something. Have you had any other reports?

Any other reports? Only about 30. Many Claycordians are reporting the same thing, and many are talking about how it looked like it was spraying something.

Mosquito fogging in Contra Costa County isn’t done by air, it’s done with a truck, and there were no plans to fog for mosquitoes in Claycord last night or anytime this morning.

101 Laura Zah September 14, 2014 at 11:43 PM

Just a missile. I’ve seen one before but it was a confirmed launch from Vandenburg AFB.

102 Suzanne September 14, 2014 at 11:49 PM

You are so right, Cowellian! :-) and of course you are to “G”.

103 Djk September 15, 2014 at 12:13 AM

I saw exactly what #46 and some others saw over Toronto Canada at 8:38 pm Thursday night. A Bright rounded orange light with coned shape at the front with a half surrounding halo/aura at the front. I took three Picts, one of which looks cylindrical.

104 badgenes September 15, 2014 at 12:39 AM

“G” has the right of it, the remainder are akin to Ostriches, or hey…Sheep! Got to get credit for this usage of the term “sheep”. Surely i am the first, yes?

105 Sharla September 15, 2014 at 1:12 AM

Cowellian, you should add that to your website. :-)

106 John September 15, 2014 at 7:21 AM

Saw this at 6:00am on Friday from I-5 near Albany, Oregon, as I was driving. I was travelling south, and it was right in the upper center of my windshield, so I had a perfect view. I thought it was a plane or helicopter that was starting to descend, and I thought I was seeing its headlight through some sort of fog. I thought it was very close by, and I thought the cone of smoke was the result of its headlight cutting through the fog. Then I realized the sky was clear, and the cone just persisted and grew, so it was not the result of the “headlight”. Once I realized that it was a rocket, it made much more sense as i watched it. But then it burned out or something, and there was nothing more, just the cloud hanging there in the air.

107 BJ September 15, 2014 at 8:26 AM

Perhaps it’s a delivery system that just sprayed ebola over the populace. If people start dropping like flies from ebola in areas where this was spotted – then I think we’ll know the answer.

108 Michelle(original) September 15, 2014 at 8:58 AM

This was seen in Oregon and Nevada, no one has a clue what it was yet. The chabot sciences center is still trying to find out information about it. This has not been confirmed by any military or non-military organization yet.

congrats Mayor, claycord.com was mentioned in the article.

it could have been fallout from the satellite that exploded over the US.

109 Tony September 15, 2014 at 9:13 AM

I have a very good picture from this past Friday. Where can I post it?

110 Michelle(original) September 15, 2014 at 9:20 AM

Email the Mayor Tony.

111 Elouise September 15, 2014 at 9:28 AM

I enjoyed your articles Michelle and I saw claycord mentioned. I enjoyed the part where Vandenburg Air Force Base has confirmed they did NOT fire a missile over US territory.

112 fashion September 15, 2014 at 9:51 AM

Isn’t it considered an act of war if a missile was fired over the US; couldn’t the military be sanctioned for that?

113 Inquisitor quotes Claycord too September 15, 2014 at 10:26 AM
114 Paul S September 15, 2014 at 2:11 PM

Here in East San Jose I just finished pre-trip of my school bus. Looked up and thought I saw the moon peering through a cloud, it was that bright….but then saw moon 10oclock from this light! It was one sided like a flashlight, a coworker thought it was a helicopter. Then it went out and some kind of cloud remained like the end of a fireworks show. Do meteors leave clouds? Starting to lean toward rocket theory.

115 jeff September 15, 2014 at 6:56 PM

Concerning the strange light in the sky last Friday morning, I have an uneducated opinion on it. I was watching the International Space Station overhead at the same time the light appeared. Possibly a Solar Flare was happening at that time and caused some sort of reflection off of the solar panels on the ISS.

116 sjmgw September 16, 2014 at 9:14 PM

Around 12 noon today driving from town of Clayton on Clayton road I looked up and saw a white fighter jet and right in its path was a big round something. The fighter jet looked like it was fleeing from whatever this object was. I was just telling my husband about what I saw he said get on the internet and see if anyone else saw anything. Imagine my surprise when I see that people had seen something earlier. Now my question is besides this morning did anyone see anything this afternoon? Thanks

117 Diana September 18, 2014 at 10:23 AM

I saw the same light up here in northern California East of Redding Ca. It did look like white smoke or spraying then a puff of smoke like something blew up. It acted differently than a shooting star or metor. more like a rocket. I pulled over to see it because it was so different than any thing I had ever saw in the sky.