Concord: Morning Pursuit Ends with Vehicle Collision, Arrest of Suspect

September 12, 2014 9:19 am · 39 comments

cpd_chase1

cpd_chase2

A morning vehicle pursuit in Concord ended with the arrest of the suspect.

The chase occurred around 2:30 this morning. It started in downtown Concord near Fremont St., and eventually ended after the suspect crashed into a fence on Altura Dr., just west of Salvio St. The pursuit lasted about 10 minutes and reached speeds of up to 70-mph. During the pursuit, the suspect went through several stop signs and red lights.

The vehicle was possibly stolen.

The suspect was taken into custody shortly after he fled on foot after the crash.

The suspect’s identity hasn’t been released at this time.

Thanks to “ratstalker” for the pictures!

Random Task September 12, 2014 at 9:23 AM

wow the democrats voters are all over the news……….should be good for P.R. and votes …..keep up the good work guys…..

ChampagneKitty September 12, 2014 at 9:26 AM

Good job, ratstalker! Thanks for the pics!

Sick Of It September 12, 2014 at 9:34 AM

#1

……..on the other hand they see the evil white cop treating the poor brown guy badly using those inhumane handcuffs and not offering him a front seat ride with cool beverages and a scone.
The libs have one ace to slap us with the guy was driving a fuel efficient Honda, the fence owner has insurance and no was hurt so no big deal.

Nearby resident September 12, 2014 at 9:56 AM

Woke us up! Listened to tires screeching and engines gunning for several minutes around the neighborhood before getting to a scanner app on my phone. Good job Concord PD. Fleeing an officer in pursuit is never a good idea. This perp was lucky in so many ways!

ConcordMike September 12, 2014 at 10:07 AM

Sick Of It…
Dead On! My words exactly.

Anonymous September 12, 2014 at 10:12 AM

We should build a cage in Todos Santos and put these people in it during Farmers Market. People could buy vegetables and throw them at these crooks.

Desaulnier would sponsor legislation to add a small tax to pay for this.Bonilla would check with the teachers union to see what she thinks.

Darwin September 12, 2014 at 10:23 AM

What do you guys think about the incident in Oakland where the cop went to check up on the fire station at their request after it was left unsecured when they went on a call?
The white cop came in contact with a black firefighter and his two young sons in the fire station. The black firefighter blasted the “white cop” (his words) to the media after the incident, saying false statements regarding how the officer acted. Little did the BLACK firefighter know the officer had a small camera with audio attached to his uniform that contradicted the firefighter allegations. Too funny, the firefighter should be fired, what a tool. He never would have filed a grievance against the cop if the cop was black.
Funny how this story only lasted a minute in the media, because it was not a white person treating a minority poorly. It would have blown up if the cop did not have the camera with audio.

black on black crime no one cares
black on white crime no one cares
white on black anything, RIOT!!!!!!!!!!
Sad, forgive my writing wrote this in about a minute.
Can’t we all just get along??

Sick of sick September 12, 2014 at 10:50 AM

How closed minded to see the whole world as Dem vs Rep. Crawl out from under that bridge and enjoy the world. So sad a life to be so closed minded. Its a beautiful day, go out and try to be human.

Sick of sick September 12, 2014 at 10:52 AM

Seem Claycord leans way to the right.

dilligafman September 12, 2014 at 10:58 AM

Fing A!! BOOKEM DANO!!!

Darwin September 12, 2014 at 11:03 AM

@sick of sick
I think claycord see’s it for what it really is…You cant hide the truth

But he's...... September 12, 2014 at 11:14 AM

A good man, wonderful father/brother/son/uncle/cousin/friend who has just fallen on hard times and has not be give a fair chance by society blah blah blah blah and the rest of the PC crap.
Will Ron Leone or Tim Grayson come to his rescue to secure more votes? Or will they take credit for the eleciton?

Lack of Sleep September 12, 2014 at 11:29 AM

Dumb Bastard and the cops woke everyone in the house up. 2:30 in the morning, sirens blaring, wheels screeching. I’m glad no one was walking the streets, they would have been hit and injured.
Oh well…

Sick of sick September 12, 2014 at 11:33 AM

Just as I said, very right, very closed off. Not PC just not one sided. Life is more than just rep-dem. Why see everything through red lenses. Truth seems to vary here depending on where you are politically. So sick of the right(wrong) wing attitudes of some posts, spewed to this site.

Johann Gambulputty September 12, 2014 at 11:37 AM

#12
Thanks for preparing us for it.

Ratstalker, way to go! Cant get a decent mug shot around here ya know. I’m sure you’re hired.

@Darwin September 12, 2014 at 11:51 AM

You bring up an excellent point. If the OPD officer had made false statements, he would be fired for untruthfulness. Is the firefighter going to be fired now? I’m sure he won’t be. I watched the video and the officer could not have handled it more professionally. The whole racism complaint was completely fabricated by the firefighter. Where’s the media to set the record straight? They’re suddenly very quiet. Doesn’t fit their agenda.

Tiny Harp September 12, 2014 at 11:59 AM

Heard it this morning in the sixth st. area… I knew someone was gonna get their ass kicked with that much commotion!

R U Serious September 12, 2014 at 12:15 PM

What did I miss? How is this being viewed as, or commented on, as anything other than a person who possibly stole a vehicle, resulting in a high speed chase through the streets of Concord?
Where is all this other crap coming from? Why do the comments on these news stories always turn into people spouting off their political agenda, or an attempt to turn it into a race issue, or my personal favorite … the mob like mentality when somebody doesn’t comment like all the others?!
Sheeshhhhh
Outside of the people who saw or heard the event, and wanting to share what they saw or heard, not sure this incident was even worthy of any comments.

YEEK September 12, 2014 at 12:20 PM

A simple story of a high speed car chase turns into an assault on democrats on the comments page. Priceless. No wait. Sophomoric.

Anonymous September 12, 2014 at 12:35 PM

@18

Follow your own rules, dumbhead.

@18 September 12, 2014 at 12:44 PM

What does your comment have to do with the chase?

Darwin September 12, 2014 at 1:08 PM

#16,
Thank you. Its unfortunately the truth, the cop would have been fired. I don’t think anything will happen to the firefighter. Since it was no longer a race issue where the white is in the wrong, it is no longer news worthy.
I expect more from our firefighters, this firefighter is a real jackass racist and should be held accountable.
It is funny when people express the facts on claycord, some people just cant handle it. People who are too PC, are just not in reality, or just ignore the world around them. I would love to live in a prefect world, but people just have to much hate whether it is religion or race. Or better yet blame races for their own short comings.
Anyone can do anything with a drive to succeed, an education and command of the English language.
Drug test welfare recipients 🙂 !!!

So sad to see September 12, 2014 at 1:10 PM

That poor fence, it was just standing there. Hope it will survive with some rehab. Nobody cares for the ‘other’ damages. Any trees hurt?

@ #18 September 12, 2014 at 1:41 PM

Go troll somewhere else…………..

MadMom September 12, 2014 at 2:02 PM

@Nearby resident We did the same thing. After the chase screamed right past my window, my daughter jumped into bed and we listened to our scanner app. She had to go to work at 4:30 this morning. We were relieved to hear that he had been captured. We still talked on the phone until a co-worker arrived.
Thank you CPD for making the arrest. It sure is interesting living in Concord.
@R U Serious I believe that when ones only source of “news” comes from FOX or Rush Limbaugh, you get posters like the closed minded and negative found here here. I wouldn’t want to see life through their eyes.

Always Right September 12, 2014 at 2:18 PM

@sick of sick – Sure there are a lot more complaining posts here from conservatives than from liberals. Makes perfect sense if you think about it.

You people (liberals) voted for this mayhem, so you must be happy with it . right?

Why would liberals complain about crime, government corruption and incompetence, high unemployment, high poverty, high taxes? This is the government you elected.

And before you say it, no I am not leaving.

Most of my family still lives here, and I love them more than I hate what the demoncrats have done to this once great state.

misnomer September 12, 2014 at 3:03 PM

I never heard the initial pursuit, but I sure heard about a half dozen police vehicles that sounded airborne headed down my street, presumably towards the action (I heard sirens in the direction they were headed).

Turned on the scanner to hear they found the guy under a car.

While I was glad the police didn’t use sirens down my street, the speed in which they were traveling in a residential area without them was a bit disconcerting.

ratstalker September 12, 2014 at 3:04 PM

Trying to evade in a CR V. lulz

@ sick of it and the rest..... September 12, 2014 at 3:32 PM

There are many liberals that have conservative leanings. I hate picking a “team”, whether I’m Democrat or Republican or a Tea Bagger. I’m all over the map depending on the topic at hand!!! As for this cretin who stole a car, drove like an idiot and then smashed into a fence, I am sick of this too!!! I’m tired of the hand holding and the coddling of criminals. Bring back the chain gangs or rock quarries where criminals worked hard all day to pay for their incarceration and pay a penance for their errant ways……

watched it September 12, 2014 at 3:54 PM

I thought it was well done.

Mee September 12, 2014 at 4:22 PM

@Yeek#19. lol, that sounds like a movie..

Tom September 12, 2014 at 4:30 PM

Most Americans are moderates, including me. I don’t see crime as a right or a left thing. Or a cultural or socioeconomic thing.

I see it as an “abide by the law”…….regardless. Aren’t we ALL supposed to obey the law?

Seeing everything as a political issue is unhealthy and narrow minded.

To each his own…….

curious September 12, 2014 at 8:23 PM

Who is going to fix the fence???

mojoduck September 12, 2014 at 8:31 PM

to #1
home owners deductible is high so he can afford insurance and he will have to pay for this himself

TinFoiler September 12, 2014 at 10:31 PM

#7. Right on. I found this when looking for that story:
I guess there will not be any riots or media coverage

@#34 September 13, 2014 at 10:35 AM

Yup. A drunk, flew off the road into my yard and hit my parked car and fence when we lived in Concord. Deductible was higher than the cost of repair on the fence, so I had to do it myself. Lost $500 deductible for the car. Drunk had no insurance. CPD arrived very quickly and arrested the driver. Despite me witnessing the crash, and him being solo in the vehicle, the DA never prosecuted the driver for some reason. Guess I’ll have to try to work domestic violence into the equation next time to get any attention. So glad we moved out of Concord.

Sick Of It September 13, 2014 at 12:18 PM

@#14 SOS

I’d rather stand for something than fall for anything. Keep posting your typical hypocrisy communicating your tolerance and your open mind to others views and never mind those pesky facts.

Have a beautiful life.

SOS September 13, 2014 at 4:18 PM

So happy im not like you. And thank you I do have a beautiful life. and i live it to the fullest everyday. Mostly with people im sure you would dislike very much. To each their own. I hope you have a wonderful evening.

Spencer Ratchet September 14, 2014 at 5:06 PM

Lawn Town you have really disappointed me. Nest time just walk or ride a bike you bozzo.