Contra Costa County in Need of Poll Workers for Election Day

September 4, 2014 · 13 comments

elections

The Contra Costa County Elections Division is looking for volunteers to be poll workers on Election Day.

Volunteers will be paid a stipend of $125 to $230, depending upon the position and duties assigned.

Various positions are available and training is provided.

Anyone interested in becoming a poll worker should contact the Contra Costa County Elections Department at 925-335-7873.

1 Diane Peters September 4, 2014 at 10:34 AM

Would like to help on election day.

2 Sick Of It September 4, 2014 at 10:38 AM

Can I show up with some big buddies dressed in our garb “to protect voters and make them feel safe”?

I thought volunteer meant a service or duty performed willingly without pay.

3 Random Task September 4, 2014 at 10:48 AM

you mean there is a shortage of dem lemmings partake in the securing of their demifornia dictatorship……..for shame

4 Scooter September 4, 2014 at 11:01 AM

You can be a “paid volunteer”, an oxymoron similar to “fox news”.

5 @#2 September 4, 2014 at 11:02 AM

Only if it’s black berets, fatigues, and billy clubs.

6 emily litella September 4, 2014 at 11:17 AM

Mayor this request for pole workers is extremely disturbing! It is a terrible disgrace to women! Especially younger women that would be easier to take advantage of by enticing them with this kind of money! What kind of future do these people have by working the poles?

7 mutts September 4, 2014 at 11:30 AM

Sorry, I don’t have the stomache to pass out ballots in other languages. If you can’t read/speak English how can you vote intelligently?

8 The Realist September 4, 2014 at 11:39 AM

As apathy reaches it’s zenith, not only do we have record low voter turnout, they can’t even find anyone to man or (woman) the polls!!
But for less than minimum wage, who can be blamed. My time is worth $50 an hour minimum depending on the client job. Who is going to stand on their feet for 16 hours for $125. Not I.

9 anon September 4, 2014 at 12:18 PM

Voting will be done online in the future. Vote by computer, tablet, or smart phone.

10 Low-information Voter September 4, 2014 at 12:47 PM

OMG, I can’t wait to text my vote on important social issues #9!!! Finally I can vote while I’m driving!

11 anonmtz September 4, 2014 at 2:49 PM

The last time we worked as poll workers at a local precinct we had to pass an online examination with 100% after reading the “rules /procedures /regulations” handbooks.
Then we worked the 14 hour day on election day……6:00 a m. until 8:00 p.m.
We each earned $100.00 at that time…..about $7.00 per hour…..taxable as income.
Saw plenty of our neighbors and nodding acquaintances (sp?).

12 Black Panthers September 4, 2014 at 4:22 PM

Will they be there with night sticks to make sure everything goes their way? Just like they did for Obama’s election.

13 Mimi (original) September 4, 2014 at 4:34 PM

Excuse me!! I’ve been working as a poll worker for several years and yes, it’s not a “high paying” job, but it’s only for one day and it’s a community service. Call the registrar’s office and offer to help, we can always use people!