UPDATE: Helicopter Circling Above the Glazier Dr. Area of Concord

September 3, 2014 22:39 pm · 50 comments

scott chp

A helicopter is circling above the Glazier Dr. area of Concord, off Concord Blvd. Police action has also been reported.

We’re working on getting more details, so please stay tuned.

UPDATE, 10:40pm: This was a vehicle pursuit that ended on Leewood Dr., off Glazier Dr. Another law enforcement agency was pursuing the vehicle, not the Concord Police.

The vehicle ended up stopping and the suspects fled on foot. The suspects were taken into custody by the Concord Police & the CHP.

No injuries were reported.

Thanks to Scott Mosher for the pictures!

1 Brent September 3, 2014 at 10:42 PM

Spot light blasted my house around 10:20 near mountain view elementary school.

2 TheDude September 3, 2014 at 10:43 PM

Just went down in front of my house

3 Nancy September 3, 2014 at 10:48 PM

Saw helicopter and spotlight by my home close to Thornwood/Bishop Estates. Prior to that I had heard what we initially thought were firecrackers but to me they sounded like a round of shots. We locked all of our doors and windows just in case.Hope no one is seriously hurt.

4 PC September 3, 2014 at 10:50 PM

3 cheers for CHP and CPD!

5 Cindy September 3, 2014 at 10:51 PM

Getem gotem good, book em!

6 Neighbor September 3, 2014 at 10:52 PM

If this is resolved why are the helicopters still flying overhead at 10:53?

7 stacee September 3, 2014 at 10:54 PM

If suspects are in custody then why is this stupid helicopter flying over my house while my kid is asleep

8 Tim September 3, 2014 at 10:58 PM

Good work Concord PD

9 City chick September 3, 2014 at 10:59 PM

Helicopters still circling near Dons Market. Doesn’t seem to be over

10 Sher September 3, 2014 at 10:59 PM

Helicopter hovered over my house for awhile -and the sirens were close by. Was hoping no one was hiding in my yard! Glad they got the suspects.

11 anonamom September 3, 2014 at 11:01 PM

Been circling what seems to be downtown, Baldwin, area for the last 20-30 minutes. What is going on in that area?

12 Still going September 3, 2014 at 11:01 PM

It’s 11 and it’s circling North Concord still!

13 Chopper September 3, 2014 at 11:02 PM

Looks like the chopper is circling around downtown Concord now?

14 me September 3, 2014 at 11:02 PM

what about the helicopter flying over N sixth rite now

15 mike September 3, 2014 at 11:03 PM

there is one circling over here close to the hospital for that past few minutes

16 J September 3, 2014 at 11:04 PM

Helicopters are still circling.

17 Gregory September 3, 2014 at 11:07 PM

n. concord is still going. what’s up mayor?

18 Stan September 3, 2014 at 11:07 PM

The Heli is still circling. I don’t think they got everyone yet. Sounds like they are in N. Sixth Street.

19 Awaken September 3, 2014 at 11:08 PM

Just heard on the scanner something around grant and solano. The helicopter seems to have moved on now.

20 Tom September 3, 2014 at 11:15 PM

Are there two different events going on?

Don’s Market and N. 6th aren’t near Thornwood/Glazier/Mountain View and Bishop Estates.

21 me September 3, 2014 at 11:18 PM

there were 3 or 4 cops looking for someone by Solano market

22 Shark September 3, 2014 at 11:23 PM

“Another law enforcement agency was pursuing the vehicle, not the Concord Police.”
Lemme guess….Pittsburg police?

23 Led September 3, 2014 at 11:29 PM

Damn, too close for comfort. That chopper was ripping back and forth right over my house, it seemed. Good job, cops!

24 local girl September 3, 2014 at 11:30 PM

Helicopter circled our house near N 6th and Port Chicago for some time. Strange thing was that it didn’t resemble any police helicopter I’ve seen. Solid red lights and solid green lights on one side only. Absolutely no search light at all. This went on for 15 minutes. Really weird. Anyone have additional information?

25 Kristen September 4, 2014 at 12:00 AM

You all are acting like your civil rights are being violated because you can hear a helicopter from your homes. Let the police do their job and mind your business. If you don’t like the sound then close your windows or use ear plugs. Geesh!

26 anon September 4, 2014 at 12:20 AM

did any k9s get a bite?

27 juliedanaestates September 4, 2014 at 12:33 AM

I live in dana estates and a car was stolen Monday at 3am two houses down..be vigilant..

28 Mirriam September 4, 2014 at 12:47 AM

Seems like they got him.

29 Psycho Cat September 4, 2014 at 1:34 AM

Probably the other agency was the CHP #22, since they are mentioned in the story.

30 local chick September 4, 2014 at 3:51 AM

@Shark- If you read the post it said CPD & CHP, not Pittsburg. Oh, by the way if you look up crime index rank by cities, Pittsburg has less than Concord.

31 where is the outrage? September 4, 2014 at 6:25 AM

Hmmm…. looks like another white, blonde young man. Typical.

32 Always Right September 4, 2014 at 6:48 AM

@local chick – don’t trust all the crime statistics. Different departments have different standards, and departments vary in their level of interest in reporting all the crime that goes on.

Another big factor is the level of trust and confidence the public has in their PD. Particularly in poor communities, crime is seriously under reported.

I would say you can trust murder statistics, but most other types of crime are seriously under reported in neighborhoods with high poverty and high illegal immigrant populations.

33 @stacee September 4, 2014 at 6:50 AM

“stupid helicopter? Perhaps there are bigger events then your stupid kid sleeping.

34 Concord Res September 4, 2014 at 7:42 AM

Damn, that’s my street! It’s usually very quiet with the occasional speeder. First time seeing the cops go down with their sirens on.

35 Rob September 4, 2014 at 8:19 AM

I always read stories on Claycord where the helicopter is flying around – has it ever done any good? I can’t imagine that is a cheap piece of machinery to keep around and operate for taxpayers…

36 Antler September 4, 2014 at 8:22 AM

We heard the sirens in a chase pattern … starting not too far away from us and ending somewhere in the general area of Crestwood housing tract (nearer the high school side of the development). So we double-checked all our doors to be locked, and we turned on perimeter floodlights. The helicopter circled us in the Bishop Estates/Glazier Drive area only ONE time and then moved down toward Denkinger Road. Helicopter seemed to stay down there only a few more minutes, so we figured that whoever tried to run from LE had been caught.

From others’ comments, the helicopter search then was needed in North Concord district? The question mark is because I didn’t make a note of what exact time the helicopter was overhead here …… figured you Scanner Eagles would be on duty and would report on Claycord! :-)

How absurd to complain about helicopters circling low as they help find “alleged” criminals! I am extremely grateful for the efficiency of such teamwork (and also for Mayor’s reporting on such activity).

37 mutts September 4, 2014 at 8:56 AM

Idiots! WHY do you think helicopters are circling? There’s a reason, chill out.

38 Sick Of It September 4, 2014 at 9:08 AM

@where is the outrage

Yes indeed White, no one shot, no one crying in the streets over the horrible police singling him out. He is an idiot. Note no one here is going to deny it, but if he one of your own I am sure the police would have profiled him since ya’ll never break the law.

39 Neighbor September 4, 2014 at 9:45 AM

Was this not related to the road block and 3 cop cars off of San Miguel and treat last night?

40 anonymous September 4, 2014 at 9:51 AM

Note to Stacee

Please advise when your child is awake so we can plan police activities consistent with the childs sleep patterns.

Signed.
The Police

41 Marissa September 4, 2014 at 10:02 AM

I wondered about those helicopters, but I went back to sleep…

42 Mr. Pink September 4, 2014 at 10:32 AM

@40 lol

43 @ #40 September 4, 2014 at 12:10 PM

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Note to Stacee – nobody gives a flying rats butt about your kid. If you want total quiet move to rural area when the nearest neighbor/people are 5 miles away

44 Dree September 4, 2014 at 12:16 PM

I’ve lived in Pittsburg for 17 yrs and yes crime was bad I use to hear gun fire almost daily see prostitutes hanging out at the local 7-11. We had occasional issues with burglaries in our development. Not anymore in the last ten years this town is different and that’s Thanks to our police. We’re not low income. I use to live in Concord and wouldn’t want to now a days.

45 Monica September 4, 2014 at 12:26 PM

So, adding to “Local Girl” what was with the circling helicopter at Port Chicago and N. 6th from 11-1130? Was this related? It seemed to be after the fact of this incident. Any reports? Thank you.

46 Marianne September 4, 2014 at 12:31 PM

Marissa, that is the last time I will tell you anything…

47 Vanessa September 4, 2014 at 1:11 PM

Helicopters circling overhead, police in the neighborhood…anything new these days…

48 Sick Of It September 4, 2014 at 1:22 PM

@Marianne, ignore the trolls they are not worth it.

49 tired of helo's playing ring around the rosey over my house September 4, 2014 at 1:33 PM

I think CHP and SO were just in the mood to annoy the s*** out of everyone last night. Those Helo’s sure got around and annoyed a ton of people based on these responses. I called the non emergency # last night to ask them if they planned on leaving Pittsburg/Baypoint any time soon because I kid you not they circled my house for over an hour. They said they wouldn’t leave until they got their suspect.

50 Wilson September 8, 2014 at 5:55 PM

Where the hell is Leewood Dr.? I only see Leewood Way on the map. Oh well, I was asleep anyways.