The Claycord Online Museum – The Old Walnut Bowl on Botelho Dr. in Downtown Walnut Creek

September 2, 2014 · 9 comments

wcbowl

Here’s a great one for all you long-time Claycordian!

Who remembers the Walnut Bowl bowling alley on Botelho Dr., near S. Main St. in Downtown Walnut Creek?

The image shown above is an old match book cover.

Click on the tag below titled “Claycord Online Museum” to view other items!

1 Claycordian September 2, 2014 at 2:20 PM

Went there A LOT while growing up in Walnut Creek. Good times, with Pinky’s Pizza across California!!!

2 kybrz66 September 2, 2014 at 2:23 PM

I used to bow there as a kid! good times!!

3 kybrz66 September 2, 2014 at 2:24 PM

OOPS! Bowl that is!!

4 LostBoysMom September 2, 2014 at 2:40 PM

Oh my gosh! My mother bowled in a league there and I remember going to the day care they had while she bowled and then we would go shopping at the Co-op next door. I also bowled there many times my self as I was growing up. I even had a birthday party there once. Walnut Creek was so different (better) then.

5 wc44 September 2, 2014 at 3:38 PM

They had great hotdogs off of a grill. Very bummed when it closed. One less thing for kids to do downtown.

6 bored@work September 2, 2014 at 4:04 PM

I used to be in a bowling league there when I was younger. Then we’d head over to Lipperts for some ice cream. Those were the days. I could go for a bubblegum mystery blowout right now!

7 IwenttoCVHSbeforeCVHSwascool September 2, 2014 at 4:34 PM

http://www.historicaerials.com…….you can go here and search for Botelho Dr. Interesting that there were houses on Alma Dr & Ivy Ct all the way up to ’93.

8 And now............................ September 2, 2014 at 8:25 PM

It is a Ross. I bowled in a high school league there in from 1974-1976

9 Craig Cannon September 2, 2014 at 9:48 PM

My “Stars of Tommorow” League Bowled There Many Times, along with Danville Bowl! It was The Place to be in WC During The Main Cruise. I was Too Young to Cruise The Main, but The Bowl was an Excuse to Have Dad Drop Me Off, so I could Check out The Main St. Cruisers, not Far Away. Memories! Sometimes Bowling was $.50 a Game for League Players! I Remember the Funky House Balls! They had Blue and Red Triangles on Them so no one would Accidently Take Em’ Home. Other Balls Had Like Extra Holes. The Ones The Pro Shop Drilled Incorrectly. They’d End Up on The Free Ball Rack! It was a Great Safe Family Hang Out. Only 24 Lanes. A Fraction of Todays Bowling Centers! Great Memories made there.