Search for Missing San Ramon Woman Suspended for Day, Will Resume Tomorrow with Outside Help

August 29, 2014 22:46 pm · 17 comments

missing

This is beyond Claycord (San Ramon), but this lady has been missing for several days, so it’s important to get the word out just in case she’s in our area, or in case you’re in San Ramon.

The Contra Costa County Search and Rescue Team has suspended its search for missing San Ramon resident Luba Lusherovich this evening, but plans to resume searching tomorrow with the help of other counties, San Ramon police said this evening.

Lusherovich, 77, walked away from her home on Fountainhead Drive in San Ramon around noon on Wednesday. Her family called police for help after searching for her for several hours.

Lusherovich suffers from dementia and speaks limited English with a heavy Russian accent, police said.

She was last seen wearing a dark shirt and dark pants walking on Bollinger Canyon Road near Marsh Drive, according to police.

She is described as 5 feet 5 inches tall and 150 pounds, with light brown hair and brown eyes. She was wearing a dark-colored shirt and dark-colored low-heeled shoes, but was not wearing her glasses when she disappeared.

Today’s search was suspended at 5:30 p.m., but at least five other counties will be sending crews to assist in the search tomorrow, officials
said.

Anyone with information that may assist in locating Lusherobich is asked to contact the San Ramon Police Department at (925) 973-2779.

1 Tom August 29, 2014 at 11:09 PM

This is sad. I hope she returns home safely.

2 Concord res August 29, 2014 at 11:19 PM

If I see her in Claycord I’ll let you know.

3 Elanor August 29, 2014 at 11:22 PM

I hope they find this poor woman ok, I don’t like hearing about things like this.

4 Cat Wrangler August 29, 2014 at 11:59 PM

How very sad. God bless her. She is in our prayers this evening.

5 cg August 30, 2014 at 12:04 AM

I hope they find her, since it has been so long she may of got turned around and it is very possible she could of walked to Walnut Creek or Clayton or the other way to Pleasanton, I hope no foul play. I will keep an eye out for her.

6 mosquito burrito August 30, 2014 at 6:38 AM

something is wrong with her hair.

7 Ancient Mariner August 30, 2014 at 8:31 AM

Such people often walk in a straight line without turning, even if a turn would be logical.
If a witness saw her walking, the best bet would be to follow in that direction.

8 Silva August 30, 2014 at 9:04 AM

I sure hope she’s found safe and soon.

9 Antler August 30, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Ancient Mariner at #7 ….. Yes, my parents’ neighbor became so reclusive that no-one realized how serious her problem had become. Her back door was standing wide open when her daughter came over to pay her a visit. She was found about 4 miles away. Her strolling down long, straight Hillsborough Street had led her into the downtown area at Capitol square.. She was dressed nicely, had an empty purse over her arm, greeted officers cheerfully, and asked them if she was still walking in the right direction to pick up Highway 64. She explained that she needed to get to Williamston to see her family. The touching thing is that, though she really did grow up in Williamston, she was the only surviving sibling. But also, she really was headed in the correct direction, though her destination was still about a three-hour car ride away.

Frequently, they are just going home for a little while.

10 SpankyFortuna August 30, 2014 at 10:44 AM

Sounds like we need hundreds of volunteers to search for her. Just sayin’.

11 @Antler August 30, 2014 at 10:49 AM

Thank you. Your post is beautifully written!

12 @10 August 30, 2014 at 11:09 AM

Go get trained. They probably don’t have enough and since this is out near Bollinger Canyon, they probably don’t want any amateurs creating more of a problem by getting lost themselves. http://www.contracostasar.org/

13 Gabby August 30, 2014 at 12:43 PM

Maybe she ran off with an online boyfriend? JK
Hope they check all Churches and Parks and places she likes.
I was convinced I saw her walking down the road yesterday, until I discorved it was an asian lady. I am watching for her on my travels.

14 SpankyFortuna August 30, 2014 at 1:16 PM

You’re right #12, it’s better to do nothing.

15 Shasta Daisy August 30, 2014 at 3:25 PM

Hopefully, someone will recognize the fact that she is lost and confused.

I pray that she not afraid and will be found soon.

16 Anon August 30, 2014 at 3:27 PM

He didn’t say ‘do nothing’ he said ‘do it right.’

You will choose to do nothing however.

17 J. August 30, 2014 at 4:25 PM

I saw two CERT volunteers on bikes on Rudgear Road today. Maybe they’re looking for her?