UPDATE: Head-On Collision on Willow Pass Rd. Near the Kinne Bridge Overcrossing

August 28, 2014 · 9 comments

Concord Police & ConFire are responding to a head-on collision on Willow Pass Rd. between Lynwood Dr. and the Kinne Bridge Overcrossing.

Willow Pass Rd. is being shut down.

No other details are available at this time.

UPDATE: One person is trapped. Others are injured.

UPDATE x2: The EB highway-4 offramp to Willow Pass Rd. has been shut down.

UPDATE x3: The collision involved a white Mercedes SUV and a Honda Accord.

UPDATE, x4: The driver of the Honda Accord has been arrested for DUI.

RELATED STORY: UPDATE: Driver Arrested for DUI Following Head-On Injury Collision on Willow Pass Rd.

1 A August 28, 2014 at 11:17 PM

Something needs to be done to make this road safer!!!!!

2 Dana Mom August 28, 2014 at 11:18 PM

Scanner reporting 3 injuries. One trapped in a Honda.

3 Ctown August 28, 2014 at 11:22 PM

I hear sirens, i look at claycord…. my heart stops. Please let everyone be ok. Prayers to all involved. Really time to think about a lane divider on that stretch of road.

4 Anonymous August 28, 2014 at 11:23 PM

I was in a head on on the bridge long time ago. CPD Sgt pulled my crunched open and got me out. He was the toughest guy on the PD.

Why this stretch of road is ignored by the City is beyond me. This should be a divided road.

5 Pulsepoint listener August 28, 2014 at 11:24 PM

Con-fire called for three ALS (Advanced Life Support) ambulances, so multiple victims it appears.

6 Too many lives August 29, 2014 at 12:01 AM

So sad and so avoidable. I’ve lived here 30yrs and the city has never done a thing to that part of Willow Pass road to make it safer. And there have been many accidents there. I try to avoid it but it does save time. Try not to use it at night its dangerous on that bridge. I wonder how many lives were lost on that bridge through the years. Lets hope we didn’t lose more tonight. Pray for the families that have been effected tonight.

7 anon666 August 29, 2014 at 12:13 AM

Someone was drunk. Like George Zimmer, I guarantee it.

8 ConPro August 29, 2014 at 12:47 AM

It would be interesting to see accident statistics on that whole road all the way from the freeway to Parkside Drive. People act like it’s a freeway. If you stationed a cop out there giving tickets he would pay for his own employment for the month in one day. Same for the stop sign by my house that people seem to think is just a suggestion.

9 Walnut Creek Resident August 29, 2014 at 9:27 AM