Concord Resident Warns Others of Burglars in Neighborhood

August 20, 2014 · 24 comments

Residents of Olive Dr. in Concord (and surrounding area), keep an eye out, and watch for burglars in your neighborhood.

Here’s an email received from an anonymous Claycordian….

As I was getting ready for work this morning around 4:30 am my car and my neighbor’s car were broken into. I believe I saw the suspect’s vehicle. It was a late eighties early nineties Nissan truck painted silver/gray with a handmade wooden rack on the back. Claycord residents beware. I was also told a vehicle matching that description had been spotted on our street a few days earlier. Likely casing the area.

Thanks for the heads-up, and sorry about your vehicle.

1 Worried Neighbor August 21, 2014 at 12:57 AM

On which half of Olive Dr did this occur? The part that intersects Kirker Pass or the part that intersects Bailey Rd?

2 Anon August 21, 2014 at 4:56 AM

My car was broken into Tuesday. I live off of Euclid in N. Concord. Thankful thief didn’t break a window. Had to have vehicle to load the haul from my car. I had two large boxes of stuff I was going to donate. I will be at the flea market this weekend!

3 Not Good August 21, 2014 at 6:31 AM

Sorry that this happened to this person. I hope these scuzzbags are caught. So tired of the scum on our streets.

4 Claytonian August 21, 2014 at 7:05 AM

Any neighbors with video cameras?

5 former concord resident August 21, 2014 at 7:21 AM

Crime is everywhere , lets not make any bad remarks
About the people over on the other side of the hill… yes east county residents. Im sure it could have been 1 of the many in the concord , clayton, area aswell…crime is bad everywhere.
Keep a look out on your street and report it asap… I know the cops take along time to respond ..call back 5 6 7 times if the dispatcher says ok were workn on it.. hang up call right back its your right to do so…. at some point they will get tired of you calling and send one right away… work togerher as neighbors not enemys keep kids and familys safe….report all suspicious activities. …its ur place to live not theres……..

Take back our streets…..

B.

6 neighbor August 21, 2014 at 7:40 AM

I would like to know which Olive Dr. as well…..

7 Frank August 21, 2014 at 7:53 AM

Cross street on Olive?

8 Olive and Ayers August 21, 2014 at 8:38 AM

Several cars were rifled through, including mine. They stole an iPad battery pack, but left a lot of other stuff. They stole my neighbor’s registration stickers.

9 Olive and Ayers August 21, 2014 at 8:39 AM

We’ve been talking about cameras for a couple years. This is the kick in the butt we needed. Soon there will be at least one neighbor with cameras!

10 Craig Cannon August 21, 2014 at 8:40 AM

If anyone gets a Pic, Please Share. I Saw Similar Truck in Mtz. Probably not the same, but These Days Anything Goes. Video Camera’s ARE The Difference. Creativity and Placement within your own property, really matter. It’s Amazing The “Rats” that Come in The Night!

11 Anonymous August 21, 2014 at 9:27 AM

Terrible advise to keep calling the police. All it does is slow things down. The dispatchers can’t make more police appear by means of magic.

12 Stand up for yourself August 21, 2014 at 9:52 AM

CPD is a great police department. They are limited by budgets and bleeding heart laws.

Sometimes it takes a little initiative by neighbors to stop crime. I am not talking about vigilante’s but more about “stop and hold” for the police.

Who’s to say a lump on a criminals head was caused by a trip over the curb or a baseball bat?

13 Mir24 August 21, 2014 at 9:58 AM

I live in N. Concord and some tweeker tried to steal my empty recycling bin a few weeks ago. Woke me and the dogs up at 4 am when he let the lid slam closed and I yelled at him from the window and he said “I’ll bring it right back.” For some stupid reason I went after him and got it back, but won’t do that again. I called to report that something may be up down the street (I assume he was looking for a container to put stolen items in) and was told the police would come out right away, so they do respond, but I don’t know if they found anything.

14 Noj August 21, 2014 at 10:28 AM

This occurred on Olive Drive near Greer Avenue. The perp was also seen walking on Greer Avenue at 3:30am, walking up driveways and looking at cars. The neighbor who saw this dooshbag thought it was the neighbor who actually lives at that residence and didn’t call CPD, but discovered the following day, after speaking with a neighbor working on his car, that someone had broken into his vehicle. And thank you for the vehicle description. We’ll keep our eyes peeled for this ahole.

15 Anonymous August 21, 2014 at 10:45 AM

Craig forgot to capitalize some letters. Progress.

16 B responsible August 21, 2014 at 10:50 AM

A burglar attempted to break into my home during the day last week. I have filed a police report. One of my neighbors saw a man in a Nissan truck casing the area. My neighborhood is the Saddlewood Dr. near concord pavillion. Be aware.

17 Anonymous August 21, 2014 at 1:42 PM

Interestingly enough I came home yesterday with my co-worker following behind me. i make a u-turn at the corner to park in front of my house where my friend parks across the street. There was no one outside when I drive past my house to make the u-turn but upon driving back towards my house there was a skinny maybe 18-20 year old kid who is constantly walking through my neighborhood. He had his pants sagging below his knees (which is pathetic and looks just plain foolish) – and a huge baggy hoodie that almost hid his face in darkness completely. When he noticed that I noticed him, he ran 3 houses down the street and hid behind a truck until his friend pulled up in a lowered (slammed) blue honda civic probably 98 or 99 with tucked white wheels and a silver rim lip, I also believe he had a carbon fiber hood. The house it appeared that he came out of had the windows down on their car. I started taking pictures of the car as it drove by and got the plates. The driver stopped the car and exited the vehicle after picking up the hoodlum who was hiding from us. He attempted to intimidate me but we were not having it and began to approach him. He hopped in his car and sped off. I notified the neighbors and had them check their vehicles. at that same time 3 or 4 of my neighbors came out to see what was going on, but no noise had been made which only leads me to believe that my neighbors are living in fear of these little punks. Being a 6’4 200 lb athletic man along with my friend who looks like a marine on steroids….. Don’t be afraid to stand up for yourself or your community…. These punks are skinny and out of shape drug addicts who just wear large puffy clothes and use weapons to compensate for their timid figures. REMEMBER AT ALL TIMES: To be aware is to be alive. And doing nothing is just as bad as committing the crime yourself.

18 Concord Mike August 21, 2014 at 4:49 PM

At night the perps are mostly looking for unlocked cars with stuff in them, and garage doors left open.

Daytime is usually the time for home break-ins.

Mail and delivered packages are stolen day or night.

If you are worried about people snooping around your house, you can spend $15 at Harbor freight tools for a battery powered motion sensor with the alarm set on your bedside table. It actually works, but be aware you might get alerted by a passing raccoon.

19 fitgirl August 21, 2014 at 8:50 PM

Our neighbor came door to door tonight dropping off a flyer with a picture of a guy who broke inter her car last night at 3am. we live off the Olive Dr. and Bailey Rd. Skinny kid . long hair in a pony tail.

20 Fitgirls neighbor August 21, 2014 at 10:50 PM

I just sent a note to Claycord, and then I saw this post, but here’s the video we got of him in my car.

21 Noj August 22, 2014 at 9:49 AM

@Fitgirls neighbor

Please tell us (in general terms) where on Olive Drive this is…north of Ayers? South of Ayers? Good work, thank you.

22 Z-Man August 22, 2014 at 10:39 AM

@Noj,
FitGirl stated Olive and Bailey. The victim on video said FitGirl is the neighbor…… put it together =)

23 Fitgirls neighbor August 22, 2014 at 10:40 AM