Concord Police Arrest Attempted Residential Burglary Suspect on Wednesday Morning

August 20, 2014 11:12 am · 34 comments

Concord Police arrested a man who tried to break into multiple homes in the Dana Farms neighborhood, which is off Pine Hollow Rd.

The man was originally spotted in the backyard of a home on Lewis Way, just before 1am. The homeowner called the cops, who quickly responded. The suspect fled on foot, jumped fences, and eventually fell into a pool near Merritt Dr.

The suspect then climbed on to a roof of a home, and then jumped down and tried to open the back door of a home on Merritt.

The suspect was eventually taken into custody by Concord Police around 1:30 this morning.

We had one report that a police officer was possibly injured during the incident, but that hasn’t been confirmed.

The identity of the suspect hasn’t been released.

1 That's All Folks! August 20, 2014 at 11:15 AM

Good job CPD.

2 Git em! August 20, 2014 at 11:17 AM

Grrrreat job Concord PD

3 Felino August 20, 2014 at 11:29 AM

It’s too bad the bastard didn’t crack open his head on the pool-deck and drown.

4 Silva August 20, 2014 at 11:31 AM

Yeah! Please release the name now.

5 Kat August 20, 2014 at 11:37 AM

I would be curious to know he look like? My husband caught a guy knocking on our fence during the day on Sunday who was “supposedly” looking for someone. Was a Hispanic male early 20’s. About slim build with longer hair in the back. He had a mustache and a baseball hat on. My husband opened our door and told him he had the wrong house. He left in a gold Buick sedan 90’s model. The guy never came to our door looking for his “friend”. Dana Estates resident

6 Idiocracy August 20, 2014 at 11:38 AM

Hope he gets 3-5 years minimum

7 dilligafman August 20, 2014 at 11:44 AM

Bring back public hangings!!!

8 M. Vesely August 20, 2014 at 11:53 AM

OMG this gives me chills! We live in concord and 3 weeks ago, we were woke up to our dog barking (he is not a barker) in the middle of the night. When my husband got up and turned the light on in our backyard, he heard something go over the fence. Thinking it was an animal, we didn’t investigate. Then the next morning I let our dog out to go potty when I saw something laying next to the fence (thinking it was a dead animal) I approached with caution. Much to my suprise it was a pocket note pad. and next to it in the dirt was a shoe imprint. So I began walking around my house… when I reached one of our gates, it was open! I freaked, because my husband and I don’t go to bed without checking that they are closed so our dog doesn’t get out if we let him out at night to go potty. So we KNEW someone had been in our backyard! UGH what a creeper!

Thank you Concord PD and the homeowner who called them!

9 @dilligafman August 20, 2014 at 11:54 AM

Do you mean that attempted robbery should be punishable by death?

Why “hanging” and not other methods? What do you like about it?

Why public? So you can see, or to shame the already deceased further?

Did you watch the beheading video yesterday? How’d you feel about that?

Which grandkid taught you to use the internet?

What’s life like knowing you probably won’t live to see the next decade?

10 Momoftwo August 20, 2014 at 12:02 PM

He was in our backyard also. Thanks to all the neighbors that called in to report him on the move. He was a white male in his 30’s! Great job CPD for keeping up with him an taking him into custody!

11 Cowellian August 20, 2014 at 12:07 PM

Hanging might be overkill, but bringing back stocks does seem appropriate.

12 Pucky August 20, 2014 at 12:08 PM

13 Valerie August 20, 2014 at 12:17 PM

Hang the fool, stockade stoning went out years ago.

14 anon August 20, 2014 at 12:32 PM

“This will cause me to lock up every evening from now on…So sad to feel this way.”

As a friend to many cops who tell me what really goes on..you should have been doing this as soon as you were born.

15 I'm The Urban Spaceman August 20, 2014 at 12:34 PM

In the coming Caliphate, he’ll have his hand chopped off as a form of instant justice.

16 ICK August 20, 2014 at 12:47 PM

I like the stock idea. Would be good for the public to see who is terrorizing their neighborhoods.

So glad he was caught. Nice job CPD.

For those of you with backyard gates, you should put locks on them and no one will be able to easily get into your backyard to prowl around and break in. So many nuts out there. Also, put your garbage cans inside your garage or in your back yard–don’t make it easy for the scum to climb over your fence. This is how scum got into my man’s back yard and into his house a couple of years ago.

17 Bubba August 20, 2014 at 12:50 PM

Wow, they CAUGHT HIM!
He is probably out of jail by now. Over crowding, you know.
Thanks to ALL you LIBERALS!

18 Starfish August 20, 2014 at 12:56 PM

anon, living in a state of paranoia is not healthy. Come out of your shell, go and get one of your stogies and chill with a glass of koolaid.

19 cOMMONsENSE August 20, 2014 at 1:27 PM

Thank you Concord police.
He’ll probably sue the homeowner for catching a cold after jumping in the pool.

20 Klav August 20, 2014 at 1:30 PM

Was wondering why we heard cops this morning our backyard is backed to pine hollow.

21 @ I'm The Urban Spaceman, #15----The Caliphate is here August 20, 2014 at 1:34 PM

Looks to me as though the Caliphate is already here, with all the calls for the death penalty by hanging and stoning a “suspected” burglar.

22 R. Yildiz August 20, 2014 at 2:32 PM

The subject responsible for this incident is:

RAYMOND PROKOP ALLEN
DOB: 11/04/1983
WHITE MALE ADULT

He resides in Walnut Creek with his parents where he grew up. This subject is currently in custody at the Contra Costa County Detention Center in Martinez and has been charged with the following crimes in relation to this incident:

1. 1st Degree Residential Burglary

2. Prowling/Peeking Into Inhabited Dwelling

3. Possession of Narcotic Paraphernalia

He is a repeat criminal offender in Contra Costa County with jail and prison records for similar prior arrests. He is a heavy Methamphetamine user.

Just thought you all would like to be aware, as it is public information and was also confirmed through listening to live police radio traffic via a scanner as the incident unfolded. I also know this individual personally.

23 R. Yildiz August 20, 2014 at 2:53 PM

There is an amazing, new smartphone app available to the public for free. It is called:

MOBILE PATROL

This app allows you to freely log 24/7 and anonymously into ANY county & state within the USA and view a list I am ALL offenders currently in jail custody, view their mugshot, their demographic information, AND view a complete and accurate list of ALL the criminal charges against them for which they are in custody. If often shows bail amounts too. This app also allows you to perform a sex offender countywide check and also view if your or anyone else currently has an active arrest warrant. The Sheriff’s Office often posts Countywide alerts on the app and allows for instant, anonymous crime reporting.

I highly recommend every citizen utilizes this accurate, county approved, free, and fun app. All data on app is streamed and update live. Users can register for phone notification the second some in custody is released.

24 Neighbor August 20, 2014 at 3:30 PM

Thanks for the info. Does anyone know where to see a pic of him?
This is so scary to have this going on.

25 MeCrazyWoman August 20, 2014 at 4:52 PM

I’d like a pic of him as well. Wonder if he is the dirtbag that broke into my
house last August.

26 Anonymous August 20, 2014 at 6:14 PM

Poster 9 , probably an Officer in the Associated Burglars and Cranksters Union, does not know the difference between a robbery and a burglary.

27 me August 20, 2014 at 7:59 PM

Im sure he has nothing to do with the halfway house just down the street. The one that produced the kidnapper a few years back in the states streets that was fortunately apprehended out on marsh creek with the little boy. Its naive to think these establishments can co exist in suburbia. History shows the facts. Get out of our neighborhood.
Ive seen several dirtbags roaming the States Street searching through garbage cans and taking items the last few weeks. One of the men seen fits this description. But seen if youve seen one tweek seen em all. Very similar to Cochroaches, scared away by bright lights, and large caliber handguns. Could be anyone of our homes, keep an eye out. Lock it up, Dont put out an invitation and at least get some cameras

28 Dana Farms Resident August 20, 2014 at 8:36 PM

He was in my neighbors yard & my poor 86 year old neighbor fell because the loser left his gate open and his little dog got out and was trying to interact wthe police dog :(.

At first I thought all the neighborhood dogs were barking because the neighbors dog was out. I confirmed w/the police who were in my court that it was not that, but the burglary and the person had just been apprehended moments before I went out.

Great job Concord PD! Thanks to the other officers who apprehended the skumbag that I wasn’t able to thank last night. :)

29 Haha tweaked Ray Allen August 21, 2014 at 8:51 AM

He’s been a thief since he was a kid. Dumb tall tweek. Should have never stole that backpack when you were in high school finally caught up to you. Dumb Allen hope you get more. Class of 2002 las lomas probley drop out

30 RunDogRun August 21, 2014 at 4:04 PM

Wow! Such great news that they caught
this guy. Excellent work!

31 Concord Guy August 21, 2014 at 9:46 PM

Where is the halfway house that you refer to, #27 me?

32 DougNation August 23, 2014 at 10:10 AM

I downloaded the Mobile Patrol app that is mentioned above and I received a notification last night that this loser was just released from jail on 8/22.

33 R. Yildiz August 24, 2014 at 1:34 AM

THEY RELEASED THIS SUBJECT, RAYMOND ALLEN, FROM JAIL AND “DROPPED ALL CHARGES” AGAINST HIM!? HOW AND WHY? HE DIDN’T DO 72 HOURS. HE WAS CAUGHT RED HANDED. I THINK HE’S A SNITCH AND CONCORD POLICE IS NOTORIOUS FOR DROPPING CHARGES OR NOT TAKIN YOU TO JAIL AT ALL IF YOU GIVE THEM INFORMATION AND SNITCH ON SOMEONE. I KNOW FIRST HAND. HE COULD BE ALREADY A CONCORD POLICE REGISTERED INFORMANT SO THEY DROPPED CHARGES TO PROTECT THEIR INVESTMENT (HIM). HE’S PROBABLY OUT THERE HITTING HOUSES NOW. HE IS DANGEROUS AND CARRIES WEAPONS. CAREFUL.

34 R. Yildiz August 24, 2014 at 1:56 AM