BART Police Arrest Masturbating Man at the Walnut Creek BART Station

August 17, 2014 · 59 comments

On Saturday night just after 9pm, two female victims reported that a male suspect seated in the bus zone followed them toward the station and attempted to speak with them while masturbating, police said.

The victims contacted an officer who was on patrol in the station and pointed out the suspect.

The victims made a citizen’s arrest and the man was taken into custody. A quantity of prescription narcotics was found in the man’s possession, police said.

The suspect was issued a prohibition order and was booked at the Martinez Detention Facility for indecent exposure and possession of narcotics.

The suspect’s identity has not been released at this time.

1 death August 17, 2014 at 10:47 PM

did a sergeant approve the arrest?

2 Anonymous August 17, 2014 at 11:04 PM

Attention BART PD : the identity of an arrested person is a matter of public record . All the real police depts release this info.

3 Marianne August 17, 2014 at 11:13 PM

Let’s give this guy a hand!

4 @Dumb, Ugly & Awkward August 17, 2014 at 11:13 PM

Your schtick got old long ago. You use the same comments over and over, ad nauseum, regardless of the topic. May I suggest that you’re making the people you’re attacking look way smarter than the people you’re representing? Think about it.

5 Reagan August 17, 2014 at 11:17 PM

Glad he didn’t get off

6 KenInConcord August 17, 2014 at 11:52 PM

He was charged with “Assault with a friendly weapon”.

7 Antler August 18, 2014 at 12:01 AM

Mayor, please would you find out for us why…..considering they contacted an officer….they had to make a citizen’s arrest?

8 I'm The Urban Spaceman August 18, 2014 at 12:08 AM

Wow! Did this thread veer off into the politcal looneysphere…someplace I fear to fly into.
Back on topic…It’s just a display of agressive public self-expression as performance art.

9 Ven Xeter August 18, 2014 at 12:14 AM

Was Anthony Weiner in town for the weekend?

10 @antler August 18, 2014 at 12:35 AM

I know the answer. 314 PC is indecent exposure. Unless the subject has a prior conviction , it’s a misdemeanor. With a few exceptions police can’t arrest for a misdemeanor not committed in their presence. Ergo a citizens arrest . It was proper police procedure.

The law also says the identity of an arrested person is a matter of public record. BART refuses to release this information because their administration is clueless. If this were Concord PD they would have released this information to their public. So would WCPD , PHPD etc. they are real police departments though.

11 Anon August 18, 2014 at 12:37 AM

Anter, a private person’s arrest is the only way an officer can take somebody into custody for any misdemeanor crime not committed in the presence of an officer. See Penal Code sections 833-851.90

12 Just another Concord resident August 18, 2014 at 3:12 AM

I’m glad we are talking about the Penal code in reference to an Assault with a dead weapon..

13 Maybe he's a minor August 18, 2014 at 4:41 AM

Just saying…

14 Russ August 18, 2014 at 7:00 AM

is a prohibition order anything like a cease and desist? Why wouldn’t he be arrested simply for indecent exposure?

15 Thatguy August 18, 2014 at 7:01 AM

@Antler,

I doubt the Mayor requested the name. How do you know that that BART PD refused to provide it? I doubt the BART PD even put out a press release on this arrest. Mayor did you request the name and BART PD refused to provide it or was it not provided by your source?

16 Connie Dobbs August 18, 2014 at 7:07 AM

They told the guy he was entitled to an attorney, but he said he could handle it himself.

17 bigbry August 18, 2014 at 7:27 AM

Yeah kids could be walking by hell yeah arrest him

18 Concord Guy August 18, 2014 at 8:12 AM

What a wacko!

19 Puddintain August 18, 2014 at 8:14 AM

Marianne/Marissa is a male juvenile.

20 I don't get it August 18, 2014 at 8:19 AM

Isn’t a probation order the terms and conditions of release? If so, why was he booked into jail?

21 Don P - n concord August 18, 2014 at 8:23 AM

Glad the victims were able to give a hand In this situation

22 Weirdo August 18, 2014 at 8:25 AM

What a jerk!!!

23 @ I don't get it August 18, 2014 at 8:41 AM

It was a prohibition order, not probation. BART PD issues those to people who commit crimes on BART property to prevent them from returning for a set period of time. It’s an administrative procedure independent of the criminal proceedings. The person can appeal if they are found not guilty, or even if they aren’t for that matter-tho unlikely to win.

24 PC August 18, 2014 at 8:53 AM

Another example of someone beating around the bush. He might run for city council!

25 ick August 18, 2014 at 9:03 AM

ICK!

26 Beast August 18, 2014 at 9:03 AM

So I take it the girls weren’t impressed?

27 Marissa August 18, 2014 at 9:04 AM

Puddintain, I looked this morning and I still have a vagina. I’m not sure about Marianne.

28 Anonymous August 18, 2014 at 9:05 AM

Poster 11

Not quite exact. An Officer can arrest for a misdemeanor after a DUI crash, with a warrant or if subject is a juvenile.

In this case none of those factors were in play so the police couldn’t make an arrest for the exposure. The narcotics however that felony city.

29 Silva August 18, 2014 at 9:22 AM

#5, Who said?

30 Paul Reubens August 18, 2014 at 9:46 AM

One in the hand
Is worth two in the bush

31 Miss Manners August 18, 2014 at 9:52 AM

Tossing off in Walnut Creek? How gauche ! Couldn’t he wait until the train got to Concord?

32 Antler August 18, 2014 at 9:57 AM

#10 and also #11 …… Thank you for the clear explanations! (Actually, the answer to my question hit me a nanosecond after I posted…… but there is nooooooo way to delete ones own comment on here….sooooooo.)

Thatguy at #15… I never ASKED Mayor to give the man’s NAME! You okay?

33 Pegasus August 18, 2014 at 10:05 AM

When asked by his attorney if he wanted a change of venue the defendant replied; ” no thanks, I prefer to stick it out right here”.

34 OverWhelmed August 18, 2014 at 10:58 AM

Isn’t that a lewd and lascivious act on a person? He was following them around. I believe that is considered a felony and one does not have to do a citizen arrest. With the drugs on him I would say the CPD had every right to arrest him without a Citizen.

35 Cowellian August 18, 2014 at 11:01 AM

He’ll get off if the evidence won’t stand up in court.

No, wait,
never mind.

36 Duck August 18, 2014 at 11:47 AM

Pretty impressive how this problem arose with this tool taking all of those prescription meds.
I sure hope the judge hands this tool a stiff penalty………..considering the penal code and all.
I sure hope he doesn’t get off……….but knowing how the system works , Some pubic defender will help this tool get off.

37 Stupid People August 18, 2014 at 11:54 AM

I wonder what this guy’s pick up line was in front of the two females –

“Hey ladies, Come here often?? I sure do.”

38 Anonymous August 18, 2014 at 11:57 AM

Ah BART isn’t going to tell us who the criminals are that are arrested in Concord. Our police ,who believe in working with the folks here will. BART doesn’t much care.
Of course they are allowed to do it ..CA law says so .

39 Stupid People August 18, 2014 at 12:04 PM

So which Bart station was he getting off on?…oh wait

40 Han Solo August 18, 2014 at 12:13 PM

I guess there wasn’t a happy ending to this story.

41 Atticus Thraxx August 18, 2014 at 12:18 PM

It ain’t all that funny. A guy doing that following women is a clear and present threat. It was my wife or daughter it would be tough to find the humor.

42 bart rider August 18, 2014 at 12:20 PM

what a weenie!

43 What security August 18, 2014 at 12:52 PM

the bright side is at least he wasn’t a public official or was he?

44 Thatguy August 18, 2014 at 1:31 PM

Antler,

My comment was not addressed to you. It was addressed to @Antler, see the comment below. So, YES, I am OK! Except for the fact the Mayor still has not answered the question.

@antler August 18, 2014 at 12:35 AM

45 WJC August 18, 2014 at 1:42 PM

That kind of behavior should be restricted to the privacy of one’s own home… or Oval Office bathroom sink.

46 Elwood August 18, 2014 at 1:43 PM

How could the BART pretend police make an arrest without a sergeant to approve it?

47 Just like network news August 18, 2014 at 2:42 PM

Seems Claycord is censored, filtered and controlled by those that lean to one side. Many of my posts do not get posted. So I will do my best to keep my emotions to a minimum. Sorry if I offended the mayor.

48 Corn Snake August 18, 2014 at 9:22 PM

I’m actually surprised that nobody claimed it was me.

49 Tom August 18, 2014 at 11:04 PM

This isn’t funny. This could be very threatening. Grow up people.

50 anon August 19, 2014 at 5:18 AM

@47 did you ever consider there’s a good reason for it? The mayor takes into consideration what his readers think about certain distasteful, disturbing comments. So either your post just gets lost frequently which does happen because of computer issues, or there was something he or his readers would find inappropriate. Yes on some of those other sites a person can say anything as disgusting, filthy, hateful etc. as they like.
Instead of complain why don’t you do something productive like start your own site. yours could be the site that accepts all comments from your favorite topics that other sites have censored.

51 @Tom August 19, 2014 at 7:59 AM

“up”. Ha ha ha

52 Anon August 19, 2014 at 3:50 PM

Grow…

uh huh huh huh

I’m surprised they didn’t catch him at the sporting goods store that has been ERECTED where the domed theater once STOOD.

53 Dr. Jellyfinger® August 19, 2014 at 11:18 PM

Knock off the jokes, it’s serious! Wait until he goes to court. The Judge won’t jack around. I hope this pervert can handle a stiff sentence…. a long stretch in the joint….. a hardened criminal doing some real hard time… in the penal system that is.

54 just a concordian August 20, 2014 at 3:43 AM

Come now, Dr Jellyfinger. He’s just a poor soul whose intentions are good. Oh lord, he’s just misunderstood.
I hope his attorney hires a private dick to look closely into the matter at hand. Yes he had a hard time getting off drugs but he might be catholic, and those people always shoot to score. They never waste it.
And I really only came to say I feel for the officer’s blue uniform. For years news outlets have discussed the troubles people have with cleaning them… yet somehow i exposed my thoughts to the world. Shame on me.

55 Marianne August 20, 2014 at 7:31 AM

lol :-)

56 Pun Police August 20, 2014 at 8:47 AM

OK, that’s all the puns there are… it’s all over. Now let’s go, everybody move along. Nothing to see here… let’s go, move along.

57 LMAO August 20, 2014 at 1:42 PM

3, 5, 21, 35, 51, 52 and 53…Thank you for the laughs today!! I was really LOL when I read your comments!

58 @ anon 50 August 21, 2014 at 3:17 PM

Ive never posted anything vulgar or profane on this site.

59 @ anon 50 August 21, 2014 at 3:23 PM

The only thing I did was point out how some comments on this site seem to lean on a more right-winged side. Most of my comments were replies to “smartgoodlookingbebonaire’. Was not making a general statement, sorry if I offended anyone.