The Water Cooler – The Best Breakfast Place in Claycord

August 15, 2014 12:00 pm · 110 comments

The “Water Cooler” is a feature on Claycord.com where we ask you a question or provide a topic, and you talk about it!

The “Water Cooler” will be up Monday-Friday at noon!

Today’s question:

You have to bring a loved one to breakfast tomorrow, where do you go in Claycord?

In other words, tell us your favorite place to eat breakfast!

Talk about it….

101 ClayDen August 16, 2014 at 3:08 PM

Which one? We usually go to the one in Danville, as it seems nicer than the one in Lafayette.

102 Smart,Goodlooking&Debonair August 16, 2014 at 3:19 PM

Min’s Kitchen on Clayton Rd

103 Kathi Hamilton August 16, 2014 at 4:48 PM

Gangnam is good for breakfast and lunch…I work right next door at the Child Care Council…we eat there all the time it’s open on weekends too lots of cars in the parking lot…it’s across from pg&e…and down a bit…bacon to die for in fact I haven’t had anything there I did not like…friendly bunch…give it a try breakfast or lunch…

104 ...... August 16, 2014 at 5:01 PM

My wife’s kitchen.

Duh!

105 Reality Check August 16, 2014 at 5:20 PM

Original pancake house SUCKS. Service is horrible. The servers are nice enough but you need more than two of them for a place that size. The food is bland and tasteless.

106 J. August 16, 2014 at 6:01 PM

At The-Original-Pancake-House, try the Dutch-Baby:

107 Dr. Jellyfinger® August 16, 2014 at 8:57 PM

Nice Breakfast, nice view. Fun place to watch the ballgame, pizza, beer!. Right above Heather Farms & open to the public. Great hide out when you’re supposed to be working.

108 Vandy August 17, 2014 at 9:20 AM

Diggers is the best. Where else can you get an Oreo pancake?

109 ChampagneKitty August 17, 2014 at 11:09 AM

I went out again early this morning, this time to the 1800 Cafe…1800 Monument Blvd. in Concord, just past Four Corners…I tend to do this in spurts…anyway, I found out some things. The cafe has changed ownership. May and her husband are no longer the owners, though she will still be around for the next couple of weeks while she finishes teaching the new owner everything. I met the new owner, she came out to say hello after she made my breakfast (the way May did when it wasn’t busy). Her name is Wendy. There will be a few changes. She said she’s going to cut down the menu, eliminate items that are not popular, and maybe introduce a few new items. Also, she’s going to advertise. She’s getting a P.O Box and will have mailers sent to all the Concord residents. The inside of the cafe is going to be painted in mid-September. They will have to close the cafe for a few days to do this. Lisa Ann (one of the servers) is trying to convince her to go with yellow, which I think would be a great idea. Something to look forward to!

110 Black Bear Diner August 19, 2014 at 1:50 AM

I just want to say that my family ate at the Black Bear Diner for the first time recently and everything was great. The service was excellent – the girls assigned to our table checked with us often and were always cheery & fast when we asked for things like extra tableware, an order change, etc. The place was clean and comfortable, and the food was very good for its category of restaurant. I ordered a salad – and I’m picky about my produce – and everything on the plate was perfect (nothing wilted, past its prime, etc.). Servings were generous and all of us went home very happy. We haven’t tried it for dinner, but based on our first visit, we’ll certainly try that next time.