HELP! Lost Dogs Roaming Around Oak Grove Rd. in Concord

August 15, 2014 · 18 comments

dogs1

These two dogs, who seem to be very friendly, have been walking around the Treat/Oak Grove/Minert area in Concord.

They were seen all day on Thursday, and although many people tried to catch them, the dogs kept running away.

If you know who owns these guys, please let them know (they could be on vacation and not have a clue their dogs are missing).

As far as we know, the dogs are still on the run.

1 Antler August 15, 2014 at 6:15 AM

Beautiful Danes! But look how tired and thirsty they are. Somebody please at least put food and water (Ina heavy bowl they can’t tip over) down for them. Sometimes using the words “Herrrrrre, puppy-puppy….” followed by baby talk crooning using such words as “supper”, “good girl….good boy…sweetie puppies” And then walk away while they eat and drink. Let them see that you have MORE food, and wait for them to come to you. DO NOT TRY TO REACH FOR THEIR COLLARS WHILE THEY ARE EATING! “Here, puppy-puppy” is what most pro breeders use first as food call, but later as precursor to teaching the “Come” or “Here to me” behaviors, and I have seen even stranger-shy dogs respond to it.

These do look like purebred dogs. And Mayor makes a good point about the owners being away on vacation. Mayor, has anyone notified Animal Control and the local vets? Those are the first places a qualified pet-care giver would check.

2 bigbry August 15, 2014 at 7:06 AM

Next posting will read Please Help lost humans are running around need help to find their owners

3 Silva August 15, 2014 at 7:17 AM

Yep! Those are someone’s beloved pets. I hope they get back home safely.

4 When will they learn? August 15, 2014 at 7:58 AM

There is absolutely no excuse for this. People need to learn they have to be 100% certain their dogs are in their control. Period. No exceptions.

5 Landana August 15, 2014 at 8:41 AM

@2
Thinags happen, often pets get out because some worker or someone went into their yard with out them being home. My dogs got out one time in 15 years because someone didn’t close the door all the way and the wind blowed it open. It’s should happen a lot less but it still going to happen sometimes. I guessing you have never had a car
accident, fallen down, broke something, because those things should never happen . No excuses, for you also.

6 Heather August 15, 2014 at 9:09 AM

Those are my kids, they were home safely by 6:45 PM.

@unanimous (comment 2) : We just moved a week ago. We are still figuring out the unique aspects of our new home. The gate appears closed but apparently it manually has to be latched. Those dogs are my only children, both rescues. I am highly offended by your comments to infer that they are ANYTHING less than that. I am amazed by this community and how they quickly banned together to help me find my babies. It is unfortunate that you would not also do the same.

@Landana: Thank you very much for your comment. I am so happy to be a part of your community.

7 WC August 15, 2014 at 9:16 AM

@When will they learn? #2

When will you learn you have not idea of the situation?

8 Silva August 15, 2014 at 9:48 AM

#6; What a relief! Thanks for letting us know.

9 LocalGirl August 15, 2014 at 10:01 AM

@ Heather … glad your babies are home safe and sound! As a pup owner myself, I know the challenges of making sure they cannot get out, the little rascals. Cheers to a very happy ending, and welcome to the neighborhood!!!

10 bigbry August 15, 2014 at 10:05 AM

Maybe they are not lost , they jus dont wanna be found owners possibly abandoned them just an opinion

11 VikingPrincess August 15, 2014 at 10:11 AM

Yay

12 When will they learn? August 15, 2014 at 10:38 AM

I don’t need to have any idea of the situation, dogs are required to be under full control of their owners. It’s the law. No exceptions, no excuses.

13 Me August 15, 2014 at 10:50 AM

@12
Seriously?
So who’s got you under full control?

14 Heather August 15, 2014 at 10:57 AM

@when will they learn
You are right; they are my responsibility. However, you are implying I was unaware of that fact beforehand which I am afraid is incorrect. Therefore, what I DO need to learn are the idiosyncrasies of my new home which will take some time. I apologize for your terrible convenience in needing to write a comment of which I was already aware.

15 anon August 15, 2014 at 11:22 AM

Glad to hear they are back home safe & sound.

16 Mary August 15, 2014 at 11:26 AM

There is no law that says dogs are required to be under full control of their owner. But if there were, there would be exceptions and excuses.

17 Antler August 15, 2014 at 11:37 AM

Great news, Heather!
And I well know the challenges of confining rescue dogs. Many times they are “rescues” precisely because they are such accomplished escape artists. It doesn’t even have to be a gate latch problem or human error. Many are clever and can climb by bracing paws sideways as they work themselves up and over at the juncture at fence corners. They can love you and where they are, but they also love to explore.

(Even now, if my husband and I need to be away for more than an hour, we confine this one “Houdini” rescue Brittany in a shaded 12′-long chainlink dog run with concrete floor and a door through the side of a storage room into a completely-enclosed cubby hole with cushion.)

Did yours come home on their own at feeding time? If so, they have learned “the hood” and to love you remarkably well for such a short time of having lived there.

18 Landana August 15, 2014 at 12:15 PM

Don’t pay mind to “when will they learn” . That person seems to be an old bitter, shelf righteous troll. For the most part every here is kind and not angry at life. Just ignore the trolls. I’m glad they are back as I’m sure they are happy to be back.