Two Residents File Papers to Run for Clayton City Council

August 13, 2014 · 13 comments

clayton

Two Clayton residents, David Shuey (incumbent) and Keith Haydon, have filed papers to run for the two open seats on the Clayton City Council. Mayor Hank Stratford is not running for re-election.

Candidates have until tonight at 5:00 pm to file for the two open seats.

Good luck!

1 Anon August 13, 2014 at 10:39 AM

David Shuey? Seriously??? He will not get my vote!! I haven’t forgotten his long winded postings where he helped start a witch hunt or TWO. No thanks “SHOE” but I would like to see someone on the council that represents the City of Clayton well.

2 WC August 13, 2014 at 10:47 AM

Two candidates, two seats. Shouldn’t need much luck.

3 Random Task August 13, 2014 at 11:00 AM

great hopefully you can oust the rif raff that cunsume the council and or hope you do not become part of the problem …….abolish the council it is a union head that imposes its will with no regard for citizens and their wishes even though they voted em in …….all they do is impose dog regulations and take kickbacks from companies looking to put one over on the tax payers. Fix the stem of corruption and I will vote for yas ……..heres to hoping in one hand …………..hopping has to p’s by the way

4 Shelly Shuey August 13, 2014 at 11:04 AM

Ahhh the ‘Anon’ posters. Gotta love ‘em.

5 Clayton Squirrel August 13, 2014 at 11:11 AM

Hooray for David Shuey and Keith Haydon!

Both were independently super helpful and generous with their time when my daughter was planning a major volunteer event in Clayton. I really respect and appreciate both of them.

6 Misty August 13, 2014 at 12:54 PM

Glad to see both of them!!!

7 RedFoxRun August 13, 2014 at 1:07 PM

David Shuey has to go. He doesn’t
respond to the taxpayers concerns
and has treated the whole council
process as his personal platform.
He was extremely rude to me personally
for no reason, is a poor representative
for the City, does not have the inter-
personal skills required for the office
nor the ability to represent the general
population.

8 Dave August 13, 2014 at 4:15 PM

Dave Shuey has done more for this community than anyone who chooses to negatively post times 100. I would like to say THANK YOU for your tireless efforts for this community. If I could vote for you – I would.

9 The "shoe" is on the wrong foot August 13, 2014 at 4:16 PM

Shuey treats EVERYthing like his personal platform. It’s not just council. I hope someone else throws their hat in the ring….

10 Dr. Jellyfinger® August 14, 2014 at 12:08 AM

Oh crap! and I’m just finding out about this now?!!!

11 CRnach August 14, 2014 at 9:52 PM

No Joe Medrano?

12 Spoons made me Fat August 15, 2014 at 8:37 AM

So I hear Hank is “Doing the right thing” and leaving because “it’s the right thing to do”. I can’t believe people bought into this and had it put on the police cars.

Might as well just have put “It is what it is” or “Keep on keeping on” – both idiotic statements that mean absolutely nothing.

13 Alyse Smith August 15, 2014 at 6:20 PM

Dear Clayton Residents & Voters,

My name is Alyse Smith and I am also running for City Councilmember for the City of Clayton. I encourage anyone who is interested in hearing my candidate statement to please attend the Clayton City Council Public Meeting this Tuesday, August 19, 2014, at 7:00pm at Hoyer Hall.

I have been a resident in Clayton since 2002. I was raised in the East Bay and understand our local landscape and residents very well. I look forward to hearing from everyone on all relevant issues regarding our city.

Thank you for your support!

-Alyse Smith