UPDATE: Aerosmith Concert at the Concord Pavilion Cancelled

August 13, 2014 10:53 am · 40 comments

pavilion

We’re getting dozens of reports from employees and concert-goers who are saying they’re hearing rumors of tonight’s Aerosmith and Slash concert at the Concord Pavilion being cancelled.

A post created yesterday morning regarding the concert has been taken down from the Concord Pavilion’s facebook page, but the websites, as well as the twitter and facebook pages for both the Concord Pavilion and Aerosmith say nothing about the concert being cancelled.

Rumors started swirling early last night on Facebook, and employees were also telling us the concert has been cancelled.

So far, Live Nation and Aerosmith haven’t confirmed/denied the rumors.

We will let you know when we get more information.

UPDATE: The concert has been cancelled, according to a post on the Concord Pavilion’s Facebook Page:

“Due to illness, Aerosmith has been forced to cancel tonight’s performance at the Concord Pavilion in Concord, The band regrets not being able to perform for their fans. Refunds will be available at point of purchase.”

CLAYCORD NOTE: We’re getting reports that this is the 3rd time Aerosmith has cancelled a concert in the Bay Area, and at least the second time at the Pavilion. Also, employees are saying they knew the concert was cancelled yesterday before 5pm, but the Pavilion didn’t officially announce the news to the public until about 11am today.

1 drurybc August 13, 2014 at 11:02 AM

I heard the samething yesterday from a friend that works at the venue. Very upsetting that they are going to wait till last minute to anounce to the public.

2 Shelly Shuey August 13, 2014 at 11:02 AM

Thanks. Been following Pavilion site obsessively.

3 Sara August 13, 2014 at 11:03 AM

Concord Pavilion
2 minutes ago
Due to illness, Aerosmith has been forced to cancel tonight’s performance at the Concord Pavilion in Concord, CA. The band regrets not being able to perform for their fans. Refunds will be available at point of purchase.

4 Brian August 13, 2014 at 11:03 AM

The Concord Pavilion just said Aerosmith had to cancel due to band illness.

5 Anon777 August 13, 2014 at 11:05 AM

I’ve seen the email to employees with my own eyes, plus two friends working up there yesterday were told in person that band member ill and concert cancelled. They are not to come to work. Live Nation is saying it’s still on AND still selling tickets, but call to confirm with Concord Box Office. Concord Box Office will not confirm yet. I can’t see this happening if there are no workers up at the Concord Pavilion.

6 Tonya August 13, 2014 at 11:05 AM

I spoke with an operator at the pavilion and she said NO SHOW

7 Tonya August 13, 2014 at 11:06 AM

Waiting to hear from band on whether they will reschedule or just cancel. SO DISAPPOINTED!!!

8 Isabeau August 13, 2014 at 11:06 AM

The main reason I didn’t get tickets for THIS show is that they cancelled their last one at the Pavilion.

9 anon August 13, 2014 at 11:13 AM

This way all the hotels in the area can now charge you a cancellation fee. LOL

10 soccermom2013 August 13, 2014 at 11:17 AM

So its canceled not postponed?

11 CLAYCORD.com August 13, 2014 at 11:17 AM

yeah, they say cancelled.

12 Tom August 13, 2014 at 11:30 AM

I’ve seen Aerosmith several times, but these guys aren’t getting any younger. Is anybody really surprised they cancelled?

Growing up in the 70’s, I never missed a good concert. Do aging rockers perform the same? Or are they like aging athletes, and you retire young?

13 soccermom2013 August 13, 2014 at 11:30 AM

I heard one of the band members has a clogged artery. I hope everyone gets better soon. Kinda bummed.

14 Marni Posey August 13, 2014 at 11:43 AM

I have just confirmed with Live Nation that the concert has been cancelled, refunds will be given at the point of purchase! Way bummed:(

15 Justin August 13, 2014 at 11:48 AM

3rd time? And they knew yesterday?

What’s going on over there?

16 Chris August 13, 2014 at 11:53 AM

I bought tickets to their last show they had in the bay area a m d they cancelled last time…

17 Anon777 August 13, 2014 at 11:53 AM

That’s exactly what I heard #13 Soccermom2013. Next time they need to START their tour here in Concord. We’ve gotten jacked twice in a row now.

18 friendly tickets August 13, 2014 at 11:59 AM

This is so sad…. they employee’s were told because they get paid if they show up today…. my clients whom have drivers, flights and hotels…. all lose their money….. and aerosmith cancels more shows than any other artist. google up Aerosmith cancelled show…. etc…. this is an ongoing activity. It simply sucks they know in advance and they don’t announce it until the day of the show.

19 Let's Go Oakland August 13, 2014 at 12:00 PM

Thanks a lot Obama!

20 AKA August 13, 2014 at 12:08 PM
21 Antler August 13, 2014 at 12:13 PM

Feeling apprehensive that Concord and Clayton police departments will have to be forceful if fans don’t hear about the show’s having been canceled and then decide to “take it out on” the community.

22 Cowellian August 13, 2014 at 12:16 PM

If I’m not mistaken, canceling at the last minute is called a Whitney at the Pavilion.

23 anon August 13, 2014 at 12:16 PM

CPD is pissed– lost easy OVERTIME

24 Aerosmith you suck! August 13, 2014 at 12:18 PM

Pathetic the band can’t announce they cancelled their show in a timely manner and YES, THE SHOW IS CANCELLED, and please don’t blame the pavilion either, they were strictly told NOT to announce this because Aerosmith would announce it themselves.

25 Denisen August 13, 2014 at 12:44 PM

Aaaagh – this is the second time we’ve bought tickets for a local Aerosmith concert in the area, only to have it cancelled! What the heck?! Last time, we bought tickets to a Pink concert instead, and she ROCKED it, complete with a torn rotator cuff, still performed …

26 Misty August 13, 2014 at 1:19 PM

It’s been a dream of mine to see Aerosmith in concert since I was 16(now I’m 30)…I was finally going to get that chance…then they cancelled. It would have been perfect because slash is my favorite guitarist….sad…Dunno if there will be a next time…

27 Deb August 13, 2014 at 1:31 PM

If someone had a clogged artery, as someone here stated, wouldn’t the rest of the tour have been cancelled instead of this one show? They don’t fix clogged arteries overnight.

28 Roy Parker August 13, 2014 at 2:04 PM

I get that people get ill, accidents happen, but it has been suggested that they flaked due to poor ticket sales. I would feel it was more legit if they rescheduled knowing full well they already disappointed fans 3x prior, but I suppose they have enough fans & $$ that it doesn’t bother them.

29 Mona August 13, 2014 at 2:18 PM

A band member is ill, this isn’t a lack of sales issue, it’s a health matter. Even if the Pavilion is 99.999% sure a concert is cancelled, they can say nothing until the artists make it official. I think we should all step back and take a breath. There were no ego issues here, no one was trying to get one over on the public, a man is sick.

30 Slash August 13, 2014 at 2:45 PM

Sorry people. Things happen Misty. I was looking forward to playing. No play no pay. That’s how I roll. I take no handouts. I was just notified myself, so don’t hate on me. Lol

31 Rick August 13, 2014 at 2:59 PM

I have seen Aerosmith many times and they have cancelled on me 3 times now.. 3 strikes and you’re out in my book. S#$t happens… I know I was looking forward to seeing slash and hearing some GnR tunes… oh well guess i’ll go listen to some cd’s and pretend I’m there..

32 Mark August 13, 2014 at 3:07 PM

For the Slash fans in the crowd (I’m one), he’s at the Fillmore tonight (Aug 13) for a fraction of the cost. Bet he puts on a great show in part because he probably got jerked around too.

33 Sassy Mom August 13, 2014 at 3:32 PM
34 Lynchburg August 13, 2014 at 6:56 PM

So disappointed, this is the 3rd Bay Area show Aerosmith has cancelled in the past few years!, I love that the band is all original and they are a favorite of mine, I have seen them so many times since 1978. But for crying out loud who doesn’t have a backup drummer? I send my best wishes to Joey Kramer for his speedy recovery, I was hoping so much to see them perform again. Now, another 2+ years probably and what might happen then? Should I take the chance and spend my money again? Now I hear that 107.7 The Bone is giving tickets away for Slash who found a venue at the “Fillmore” what about the tickets holders who are out on their rears for this show until we are reimbursed. Again SO DISAPPOINTED IN ALL!

35 Marianne August 13, 2014 at 8:32 PM

I was looking forward to hearing them play.

36 Bonnie August 13, 2014 at 11:05 PM

This is the second time I bought tickets to see Aerosmith and they cancelled both times. SLash is a man who always impresses me. He decided to play in SF for his fans. He has integrity. I respect that in any man.

37 Rusty August 13, 2014 at 11:12 PM

I don’t know what to say, but one thing is that nobody can predict the future. People do get sick, whether they’re famous or not. But They been canceling tours quite a lot. This might be a sign to retire. The’ve been together for 4 decades, made a bunch of records, gained a lot of fans, made a bunch of good music. I’m a huge fan and all and all I can say that they have had a good run.

38 Greg August 14, 2014 at 1:21 AM

Slash’s show at Fillmore tonight was fenomenal! Unbelievable. they played for 2 hours for $30 instead of warming up for Aerosmith for 30 mnutes. I say, it worked out quite nicely!

39 Connie Dobbs August 14, 2014 at 7:48 AM

#36 I think they’re avoiding you. Kidding.

40 Desiree August 14, 2014 at 4:50 PM

I hope the band member gets better! I have tickets for their August 16th showing at the Gorge and I’m wondering what will happen with that show!