PHOTO: Contra Costa Sheriff Seeks Public’s Help to Identify “Persons of Interest” in Burglary Case

August 13, 2014 · 33 comments

FutureJailBirdsAllegedly

The Contra Costa County Office of the Sheriff is asking for the public’s help to identify the two people pictured above, who they say are “persons of interest” in a residential burglary case in Walnut Creek.

The following information is from the Office of the Sheriff:

Help Us Identify Persons of Interest in Burglary Case

A residential burglary was reported to the Contra Costa County Office of the Sheriff on August 3, 2014. The burglary occurred on Sutherland Drive in unincorporated Walnut Creek.

The victims reported that some jewelry and a wallet were missing.

Detectives investigating the case discovered that the day the burglary was reported, a credit card stolen in the burglary was apparently used twice by the individuals in the photo at a Walmart store located at 5821 Antelope Road in Sacramento, Ca.

The two individuals are persons of interest in this case. The Office of the Sheriff is kindly requesting your assistance in identifying these two.

Anyone with any information is asked to call Detectives at (925) 313-2660.

For any tips, please email: tips@so.cccounty.us or call (866) 846-3592 to leave an anonymous voice message.

1 JET August 13, 2014 at 2:51 PM

I don’t know who they are, but they both look constipated.

2 Enfield303 August 13, 2014 at 3:13 PM

Walmart? Shocking.

3 anonanonagain August 13, 2014 at 3:28 PM

They look so calm and collected as the saunter out of Walmart after supposedly using a stolen credit card. They’ve done this before…..

4 Rob August 13, 2014 at 3:41 PM

I really dislike the phrase, ““persons of interest”

Either they are suspects or they aren’t, if they aren’t suspects of what interest are they?

5 Pink Undies August 13, 2014 at 3:45 PM

The employees at the store should be charged as well for facilitating a crime. All they had to do was check an ID.

6 Anybody Have Sacramento Connections? August 13, 2014 at 3:54 PM

If they are Sacramento residents is there a way to send it to a new outlet up there?

7 Officer Barbrady August 13, 2014 at 4:01 PM

Looks like they may have been wearing gloves while shopping. Clue dat.

8 TinFoiler August 13, 2014 at 4:04 PM

I would say about 22% interest :) Is that the going credit card rate?
Really blows me away that you do not have to show ID for using a credit card.
You could be a Male and the card has the Name Katelyn! Really!!??

PS: I would like to see a break down of what was purchased, just for laughs and giggles.

9 Tom August 13, 2014 at 4:17 PM

I dislike the term “persons of interest” myself. A person of interest is someone you’re attracted to.

I think the term came into play after Richard Jewell. Just find these two.

10 VikingPrincess August 13, 2014 at 4:25 PM

#5 – get outta my head!

Maybe persons of interest because they might have purchased the card and therefore not the burglars?

Why am I not surprised they are from Sacto?

11 Jackson Hammer August 13, 2014 at 4:38 PM

They both look like they walked by a rancid pile of dog crap.

12 Silva August 13, 2014 at 5:00 PM

Officer Barbrady #7, You could be right! That would attract my attention I think. Suspicious!

13 Section 8 Tweeker Scum August 13, 2014 at 5:20 PM

14 Cici August 13, 2014 at 5:27 PM

Walmart needs to up security and check ID’s when charging. on credit cards.
My daughter had her card duplicated at a Mexican Restaurant in Lafayette and they ran to WalMart in Modesto to rack up charges.
WalMart is obviously too lax and it needs to change. Too many creeps in the area!

15 Atticus Thraxx August 13, 2014 at 5:39 PM

They both look miserable.Es bringt mir freude.

16 @ 4 August 13, 2014 at 6:28 PM

I think the term “suspect” is too legally loaded. Law enforcement could be sued for mistakenly labeling someone a “suspect.”

17 "gentleman" August 13, 2014 at 6:30 PM

What really gets me is when the police/press refer to a suspect or perp as “the gentleman” (as in “the gentleman struck and killed someone with his vehicle,” etc.).

18 funny man August 13, 2014 at 8:33 PM

eh, they dont look at that interesting to me. maybe shady or sketchy but def not interesting

19 Ancient Mariner August 13, 2014 at 9:49 PM

@ Rob No. 4 – an interesting fact:

In England the news will report that “A man is helping police with their enquiries”.

Everybody knows that he’s the criminal, but he news won’t come out and say so until he’s been charged.

20 Marie August 13, 2014 at 10:44 PM

He is a cook/busser and she is a server…. OBVI

21 AnotherAnon-----If you think they look "shady", just look at the people around you August 13, 2014 at 11:14 PM

while shopping at the supermarket, or at the mall, or just walking down the street. Hardly anyone has a pleasant look on their face; mostly a look of anger, or trying to look tough.

22 hunny August 14, 2014 at 1:01 AM

They both look like beneficiaries of Obamacare and the food stamp program. Why don’t you run the mugs through those databases?

23 Cautiously Informed August 14, 2014 at 8:38 AM

#5. I agree with you.

24 Silva August 14, 2014 at 8:44 AM

Ancient Mariner, That is interesting. Is it always a “man” helping’ or do “women” help too sometimes?

25 WC August 14, 2014 at 10:20 AM

Seems they would be part of a crime network. Someone robs the house, pawns the jewelry, sells the credit cards. So these POS pushing the shopping cart either robbed the house or are part of the scumbag network Maybe they ran the cards up to Sacto to get out of the local area where the cardholders live. These people are scum. If you don’t recognize someone driving or walking in your neighborhood. Stare ‘em down, ask them where they live. I hate the F..ckers!

26 Stupid People August 14, 2014 at 2:30 PM

Pardon my french, but they do look like SH-T

27 Monkey August 14, 2014 at 2:44 PM

She is ugly

28 Looks familar August 14, 2014 at 3:55 PM

then all of a sudden I remembered. Years ago there was a woman who stole a purse of the back of a chair at a pizza place somewhere in this area and there was a picture of her in a hat. Don’t know why but it reminded me of her.

29 Ctown August 14, 2014 at 3:58 PM

Why don’t the police just leave a trail of meth from Walmart entrance to a giant cage in the back of the parking lot. Problem solved.

30 Mtz resident August 14, 2014 at 4:43 PM

Smug, angry and entitled are the first thoughts that come to mind.

31 William Shatner trying to pass a huckleberry through his urethra August 14, 2014 at 7:31 PM

Did they ever find these interesting people?

32 Innocent until proven GUILTY August 14, 2014 at 9:56 PM

Damn that looks like my dude but he got long hair unless he cut it. That’s a damn shame if it is cuz he still hanging with the wrong crowd! Man I hope it ain’t him!!

33 DWM August 15, 2014 at 2:41 PM

Someone add their photo to Facebook and see if facial recognition gives you a name