UPDATE: Woman Found Severely Injured, Bleeding at Hillcrest Park in Concord

August 2, 2014 · 25 comments

As Claycord.com reported earlier today, a woman was found severely injured and bleeding at Hillcrest Park in Concord on Saturday morning.

The following update is from the Concord Police Dept.:

On Saturday morning at approximately 6:45 AM, police officers responded to the 2000 block of Olivera Road (Hillcrest Park) regarding the report of an unconscious woman who was bleeding.

CPD personnel arrived and located a woman, approximately 40 years of age, who appeared to have been the victim of an assault and battery.  Officers administered first aid until the victim was transported to a local medical facility for treatment.  As of this writing, the victim is in stable condition.

At this point, the location where the assault and battery occurred, its circumstances and the identity of suspect(s) are all still being developed.

While the Concord Police Department acknowledges the suspect(s) are still outstanding, the investigation thus far has not revealed any information that leads to a heightened risk to public safety.

As always, the police department encourages everyone to remain vigilant with their everyday, crime-prevention practices.

In order to protect the integrity of the investigation, no additional details will be released at this time.

Anyone with information may contact Lieutenant David Hughes at 925-603-5865. (Reference case number 14-12192.)

RELATED STORYWoman Found Severely Injured at Hillcrest Park in Concord on Saturday Morning

1 Blink August 2, 2014 at 6:37 PM

Thank you for the update, just awful this happened

2 MadMom August 2, 2014 at 6:40 PM

She’s in stable condition. That’s good. I don’t think we’ve heard the last of this story

3 The Realist August 2, 2014 at 8:22 PM

May be the city should be paying less on cushy golden pensions, instant lifetime healthcare, bloated management pay and put some more cops on the beat?
Jus’ sayin’
Alternate releases considered from the PD:
“At least it wasn’t you, quit buggin’ us”
“She’ll walk it off, no harm no foul”
“Boys ill be boys, Oh gotta go, my latte is ready”
“CPD wasn’t available for further comment due to donut binge”

4 Anonymom August 2, 2014 at 8:58 PM

The realist. You’re a troll who knows nothing about CPD.

5 Concord Resident August 2, 2014 at 9:28 PM

At #3 . . . . Really???

6 Kel August 2, 2014 at 9:54 PM

Please keep us updated Mayor. I am a 32 year old female that runs alone in the area often so this hits extremely close to home…. Please give us info as you get it..

7 Self Control August 2, 2014 at 10:02 PM

“As always, the police department encourages everyone to remain vigilant with their everyday, crime-prevention practices”

In other words, if you see something, call the police and curl up into a ball until help arrives.

Do not under any circumstances think you are qualified or justified to protect yourself with a firearm. We can’t trust that you will exercise self control and we certainly can’t have a WildWest shoot em up around here !

8 Noj August 2, 2014 at 10:03 PM

Pretty brutal crime. Beating a woman and then throwing her away like trash. This scumbag needs to be found quickly. I’ll bet CPD will have him in custody in short order. Glad to hear the victim is in stable condition.

9 Joan VanSnark August 2, 2014 at 10:18 PM

Kel, if you’re so worried it probably isn’t too smart to announce to everybody that you often run alone in that area.
In fact, it’s pretty stupid.

10 Woman probably knows attacker August 3, 2014 at 6:05 AM

but won’t press charges.

11 green August 3, 2014 at 6:54 AM

Joan #9: lots of women run alone every place all the time. it’s not a big deal. nevertheless i don’t see any reason why runners can’t just use a treadmill.

12 Scott August 3, 2014 at 7:39 AM

Kel – Although how innocent it is meant….probably not a good thing to advertise on a public blog. You or the mayor probably should take your post down.

13 Silva August 3, 2014 at 7:56 AM

I hope and pray for her complete recovery.

14 One of the local news stations August 3, 2014 at 8:33 AM

mentioned that the poor woman as sexually abused as well.

15 @Kel August 3, 2014 at 9:09 AM

Mayor please remove Kel’s post and the others regarding her post for her own safety.

16 Kel August 3, 2014 at 9:35 AM

Thanks for the tips, however this post is not about ME it is about this poor woman. All I asked for was updated info as the mayor receives it. I did not say I was “so worried”, nor did I “announce” anything. Let’s stay focused here instead of name calling @joan. I would think everyone in the community would want to stay updated on this event and any details that come out, but apparently I am just stupid.

17 Lizzie August 3, 2014 at 11:30 AM

Kel was merely stating that she runs alone…she didn’t give a specific time or description of herself that would put herself at risk!!…Prayers for the woman who was assaulted.

18 AJ August 3, 2014 at 11:43 AM

Kel, selective reading? Joan never said you are stupid, she said your “announcement” is stupid.
Have a nice day.

19 Jess August 3, 2014 at 11:51 PM

Writing “have a nice day” is stupid.

20 I am a runner August 4, 2014 at 6:53 AM

Ridiculous to imply that because woman mentions she runs at this park, that the low-life is going to lie in wait for her. She gave no days or times. Hope the police catch the predator soon. However, please no condescending “don’t run ladies” emails…instead, how about if the community bands together to help catch the scumbag via increased neighborhood usage of the park?

21 WC August 4, 2014 at 7:44 AM

Green #11 – Really, don’t run outside, get a treadmill. What’s next, don’t go the mall where your car may get broken into, or you could get mugged in the parking lot. Order everything online instead. Don’t wear jewelry as it may get stolen. Don’t use your iphone in public, cause someone will take it.

How about this use good judgement in your life.

22 What security August 4, 2014 at 4:40 PM

No you are probably thinking do I have four bullets in this gun or five.
Go ahead make my day…Punk”,

23 What security August 4, 2014 at 4:45 PM
24 KJ August 4, 2014 at 5:03 PM

I used to run in that area, but never after dark. At dusk things could get a bit dicey, that’s why I always had my 120 lb dog by my side. Never the less I would avoid running alone around dawn/dusk in ALL areas, no matter where you live.
This is the same park where a victim was shot after a car jacking attempt last year. I also had my tires slashed while parked there. When I lived across the street I would see police patrol it regularly, but they can’t sit on it at all times.

25 Updates? August 8, 2014 at 10:37 PM

Any more updates on this case? I hope she is doing well and recovering both mentally & physically. Being from the area id like to know if this happend while at the park or she wAs drop off as suspected?