Claycord – Talk About Whatever

July 25, 2014 18:05 pm · 124 comments

whatever

Happy Friday to all the wonderful citizens in the City of Claycord.

This is a post with no subject, you can talk about whatever you want. If breaking news happens (such as an earthquake), or you hear about something newsworthy, feel free to post it here.

101 Silva July 31, 2014 at 10:20 AM

Wow, #97, if you like Peet’s, how could you even drink Yuban?

102 Silva July 31, 2014 at 10:24 AM

Costco or the San Francisco Bay brand’s undrinkable, too. I’m really happy with the Peerless beans you grind at the store in Food Maxx. I drink it any day of the week.

103 ChampagneKitty July 31, 2014 at 10:46 AM

wibbly, you need to knock it off. Your attacks on Connie are uncalled for. Leave her alone.

104 Connie Dobbs July 31, 2014 at 12:53 PM

#102 Because they were dead weight?

105 Starfish July 31, 2014 at 1:08 PM

lol, Connie you are still a wonderment, to me at least. :-)

106 Mama Cowell July 31, 2014 at 2:35 PM

Mayor- i just emailed you- did you get?

107 Silva July 31, 2014 at 3:37 PM

Oh dear! I JUST got the joke. Hehehehehe.

Now, what is Loco?

108 Killjoy July 31, 2014 at 3:59 PM

I don’t know why, but every time I see Mama Cowell post, I think of the Aerosmith song “Mama Kin”. :D

109 Silva July 31, 2014 at 6:38 PM

That should have read; I JUST got Atticus Thraxx’s joke. About the identity.

110 Mama Cowell July 31, 2014 at 7:43 PM

Lol . That’s funny Killjoy.

111 Silva July 31, 2014 at 8:23 PM

I got Connie Dobbs joke sooner.

112 Atticus Thraxx July 31, 2014 at 8:32 PM

Here’s something you don’t see everyday, a bear saving a crow: http://youtu.be/gJ_3BN0m7S8

113 Mamasgirl July 31, 2014 at 9:15 PM

I have to say ok or my own piece of mind and idiots.

Atticus, it looked like that bear wanted to tear that thing to shreds-but it realized that it was just tasteless and left it alone. Wasn’t that a dead bird on the rocks partially eaten?

114 Killjoy July 31, 2014 at 9:19 PM

Cool! Southwest has a flight tracker so you can see how far you are from your destination. Mine happens to be home. Yay! Back to California.
When Enfield303 gets back, it’ll be interesting to see if it was as warm in the part of Washington he was in, as it was in Vancouver. Hot, humid and muggy. I felt like I was back east. Sheesh.

115 Concord Mike July 31, 2014 at 10:53 PM

Drought update:

Los Vaqueros is at 79% of capacity, compared to an average of 60% for all California reservoirs. We are in very good shape here in Claycord.

Also, things are NOT as bad statewide as they were at this time of year in 1977, the last serious drought of this magnitude. Back then the reservoirs were drained down to 41%.

Just wanted to offer a positive spin to the doom-and-gloomers with brown lawns and bad attitudes :)

116 anon August 1, 2014 at 12:01 AM

oh great mike, so tomorrow everyone will water their yards and take that long shower they’ve been wanting and we’ll have half that amt. of water. just kidding. that’s interesting.Where did you get the info? i’ve been conserving more, today i figured out that i can soap up and then get in the shower and rinse, excepting hair. but, the ‘real simple’ magazine said to skip using shampoo and use just conditioner. i tried that once and it worked fine. i guess the concept is the more oils you strip away, the more that get produced. Where did you get the info?

117 Silva August 1, 2014 at 11:11 AM

Has anyone else’s jaw dropped when they heard the “Hale to the V” Commercials? What”s next? I do concur with the concept of female empowerment, but how did the shirts get that one over? Would they ever make a product for smelly male parts and sell it by elevating the letter “P” or “P” and “S” as if they are a revered secret society?

Ah, the good old double standard renews it’s viability.

118 Antler August 1, 2014 at 1:53 PM

It’s the first day of August….at LAST!!! ;-)

119 Shasta Daisy August 1, 2014 at 1:56 PM

Antler #86…The Safeway manager didn’t like the hug or the smile?

120 Marissa August 1, 2014 at 2:39 PM

Last! :-)

121 Cowellian August 1, 2014 at 4:17 PM

In at last!

122 Anon August 1, 2014 at 4:52 PM

@Silva – coffee

We like Yuban because it has a better flavor than Maxwell House or Folgers. Our very favorite is hand roasted in Portland, it’s made by Stumptown and it’s delicious, but very expensive :-/

123 Silva August 1, 2014 at 5:49 PM

#122, I guess if I had to choose between the first three mentioned it would be Yuban. Or I’d switch to tea for a while. :)

124 Antler August 1, 2014 at 8:19 PM

Shasta Daisy at #119 …. That’s right! Glad you caught my joke! (After all, I did forget to put the winky smiley face after my comment…and that’s always risky around here!)