UPDATE: Concord Police Searching for Stolen Vehicle Suspect in Dana Estates

July 24, 2014 · 45 comments

Authorities in Concord are searching for a stolen vehicle suspect after he took off running when police tried to make contact with him near Sharon Dr. & Mulberry Dr. on Thursday.

A perimeter has been set-up in the area.

The suspect is described as a Hispanic male, about 6’4″. He was last seen wearing a tight white tank-top.

Anybody in the area who might have seen the suspect is asked to call the Concord Police Department.

UPDATE, 2:08pm: The suspect is known to police. He has a history of running from the cops.

1 Brandon July 24, 2014 at 2:48 PM

Do you have a picture of him just asking

2 CLAYCORD.com July 24, 2014 at 2:51 PM

3 Brandon July 24, 2014 at 2:52 PM

Ok

4 Krystle July 24, 2014 at 3:03 PM

Was wondering what was going on. Went to get coffee at starbucks and all if a sudden there was cops coming everywhere. I love not to far.

5 Krystle July 24, 2014 at 3:03 PM

Live

6 Smart,Goodlooking&Debonaire July 24, 2014 at 3:23 PM

I hope this doesnt prevent us from embracing our section 8 community, and the rich diversity they bring us!

7 Smart,Goodlooking&Debonaire July 24, 2014 at 3:26 PM

diversity!!!!

8 waverunner July 24, 2014 at 4:07 PM

Re-read your entire sentence, Krystle – pathetic.

9 jrconcord July 24, 2014 at 4:10 PM

hello world,
Cops just raided a house on Robin Lane. Anybody know what’s going on? I don’t have a scanner. :-(

10 Greg July 24, 2014 at 4:22 PM

I was contacted by the Auto theft division about 10 minutes ago. Apparently, the suspect is an especially dangerous case and they need me on this one. I am en route now.

11 @STUPID UGLY &$@&$#(*&^ July 24, 2014 at 4:24 PM

PLEASE STOP YOUR RACIST RANTS. You sound like such an as*

12 anon July 24, 2014 at 4:32 PM

Why would it be a secret what the suspects name is? If we knew his name, maybe one of us would know him and could tell CPD where he is.

13 Momlife925 July 24, 2014 at 4:45 PM

Waverunner it’s not that serious.

14 all we need to do is.....run? July 24, 2014 at 4:46 PM

This is one of many recent cases where the bad guy has just “run” away from law enforcement? Check nback on a bunch of stories and see that the bad guys have all gotten away because all they did was… run… not good guys- if this person is known to be so bad.. why not an ankle bracket to keep his ass in control…

15 Krystle July 24, 2014 at 4:47 PM

Your pathetic thank u.

16 green July 24, 2014 at 4:48 PM

since when are hispanic males 6’4″?

17 Elwood July 24, 2014 at 4:51 PM

“You sound like such an as*”

Speaking of sounding like an ***, did you read your post before hitting submit?

I haven’t seen a good racist rant in a long time. Won’t you point them out for us?

18 Elwood July 24, 2014 at 4:52 PM

@ Krystle

You have been warned by the grammar police!

Be afraid, be very afraid!

19 Yikes! July 24, 2014 at 4:57 PM

Hope he was wearing more than a tight white tank top!

20 @ @stupidugly #11 July 24, 2014 at 5:28 PM

Why do you associate Section 8 with a particular race? Are you the racist here?

21 94598 July 24, 2014 at 5:28 PM

I agree with waverunner-
Krystle, your entire post is a disaster.

22 anonanonagain July 24, 2014 at 6:03 PM

Boy, what is wrong with people?? People on here regularly slam others for minor infractions, spelling errors (could happen to anyone) even when corrected!! And they get to do it anonymously, how convenient. I think that people need to lighten up. We are not living in the Gaza strip or Ukraine trying to dodge bombs. Geez……

23 Smart,Goodlooking&Debonaire July 24, 2014 at 6:03 PM

uh oh…a commenter or two was offended. Booo hoooo, we have offended more sensitive lefties!!
LOL!!!

24 PhilthyPHRESH July 24, 2014 at 6:42 PM

@21 I don’t think this is racial. The person said embrace diversity. If it’s cynical or not, embrace. Why do you have to bring race into this.

25 barn July 24, 2014 at 6:42 PM

;waverunner your a d@!#$

26 Atticus Thraxx July 24, 2014 at 7:40 PM

I could not imagine living in the fear like that. And to be so powerless the only relief you can get is spill bigotry all over these fine pages must be frustrating.
Lord knows I got my issues but thankfully that poison never entered my bloodstream. It’d be like what I think being mildly developmentally disabled might be like. But for the grace of God……..

27 Krystle July 24, 2014 at 7:57 PM

@ anonanonagain. Thank u there’s more things to be more concerned about then grammar. I guess they just don’t feel good about them selves so they have to be putting other people down.

28 6'4" Hispanic...??? July 24, 2014 at 8:15 PM

Most of them guys are Runts…..!

29 Just Wondering July 24, 2014 at 8:16 PM

Did anyone else see the mass amounts of water that El Dorado Jr was wasting today? Parking lot half full of cars, MDUSD employee across the street at Concord High doing maintenance, and a bunch of water down the drain….

30 94598 July 24, 2014 at 9:18 PM

@just wondering- I’m not positive, but I’m pretty sure El Dorado is on a well.

@Krystle- your second comment is almost as bad as your first, you should consider retrying a basic English class before posting again.

31 come on July 24, 2014 at 9:43 PM

krystle is just trying to get a rise out of you…. no one could make that many spelling/grammar mistakes without trying.

32 @waverunner July 24, 2014 at 9:52 PM

u mad bro?

33 PhilthyPHRESH July 24, 2014 at 10:08 PM

Lol @ Krystal than and then are two different words. I’m not trying to put you down.

34 Krystle July 24, 2014 at 10:19 PM

No comment. People are stupid!!!!!!

35 Krystle July 24, 2014 at 10:34 PM

Um I know I’m on my I phone and it wants to type what it wants to type. Leave it alone people get a life there’s more things, then grammar like planes going down killings.

36 Anon July 24, 2014 at 11:06 PM

So illegal aliens get to run away, because it isn’t a law enforcement issue?

37 GreyGoose Caboose July 24, 2014 at 11:36 PM

Uh oh…Anon @ 36. Now I think you crossed the line. Everybody knows that hispanic does NOT equal illegal alien.

38 Blink July 25, 2014 at 9:12 AM

@22

Well said….

39 How dumb July 25, 2014 at 11:08 AM

Ok, this is a fact their are more Hispanics in Concord now than there ever have been before. I’m going to guess that about 25% are illegal, and that they don’t want to get caught so they run, they can’t afford a car so they steal.
This town was once a beautiful town, people wanted to move here and raise their kids. Now people are trying to figure how to get out, it’s disgusting and very sad.

40 Idiocracy July 25, 2014 at 11:33 AM

Deputize 50 strong young men that are eager to work in these desperate times living in the Eastbay. Do extensive training/organize tactics with ICE and local LEO’s. Sweep known illegal hide outs such as Monument Blvd, Detroit Ave and the front of home depot. Add incentive by paying 500 an illegal to Deputies as a bounty/commission to capture . Anyone harboring Illegals should have their property seized and spend 180 days in jail, plus fines/fees and publically shamed on local TV. Any major company using illegal labor shall be closed for 180 days plus a $250,000 fine and it doubles every time it is repeated. Solution solved! too bad Dems just want votes and not what’s good for America. Hope they caught this guy! Its a shame what has happened to Concord.

41 The Truth July 25, 2014 at 1:28 PM

I was wondering the same thing – 6’4″ hispanic dude walking around?? most of those people are shorties who barely cross the five foot mark. He must be on some kind of growth harmone.

42 The Truth July 25, 2014 at 1:29 PM

Oops, i just said -“those people”

Did I offend anyone????

43 People suck July 25, 2014 at 2:00 PM

Why are people around here pretending to be the grammar police? Don’t you humans have anything better to do??

Oh wait, the people who were attacking others on grammar are sitting together on their fat a$$es watching soaps and eating bons bons right now. losers.

44 @The Truth July 25, 2014 at 2:09 PM

yes, you have. And I would love for you to explain your position to my children.

45 slagheap July 25, 2014 at 4:57 PM

hey idiocracy, #40, do you really think it’s just the Dems who benefit from illegal immigrants? who the hell owns the businesses that hire them? who imports them for farm labor? only Democrats? get real. Republicans, too, would raise bloody hell if your plan was seriously considered. follow the money, dude, follow the money. GOP anti-immigrant rhetoric is strictly pandering for votes.